[Archive] Double Deamonsmith (LOA)

themanbelow:

This may be a silly question (plus I havent got my book so cant check).

Anyway, if you had 2 deamonsmiths could you re roll twice? and is there any need to do this with games under 2000 (for example)?

MLP:

I’m pretty sure you can’t reroll the same dice, however you could reroll the artillary dice then reroll the scatter dice. But it’s only up to you if you need to do it, if it’s your last war machine shot and you have a spare reroll then of course.

Da Crusha:

Anyway, if you had 2 deamonsmiths could you re roll twice? and is there any need to do this with games under 2000 (for example)?

themanbelow
the main rulebook says you cant reroll a reroll.

themanbelow:

Thanks guys.

Does anyone ever take 2, that you know of? And what are your thoughts on doing it? Is it a waste of points?

MLP:

I have a few lists with two in but I’ve not tried them in a game. If you’re using three or more war machines it can definitely be worth it. Along with the reroll they are good at defending war machines from skirmishers, ethereals etc. They’re also good to keep a magic defence scroll handy and throwing signature spells about.

Ugly Green Trog:

themanbelow
the main rulebook says you cant reroll a reroll.

Da Crusha
You can't reroll a reroll but nothing stiops you from rerolling 1 for your magma cannon then 1 for your deathshrieker if you have 2 models with the infernal engineer rule in range.

IanC:

I take 2 - one who goes near my war machines for the reroll, while another goes in one of my Infernal Guard units (the either unit has my Sorcerer Prophet in it)

Hashut’s Blessing:

I take 2 because they both have magic and have S5 magical attacks…

eudaimon:

Generally, i am taking 2 and a prophet. The prophet bunkers up, and the 2 DS go with my 3 WMs.

I am experimenting with the prophet and a DS going with the WMs, but it is a lot riskier.

Gmaleron:

I have only ever run one but am definitely considering running 2 because I am starting to run x3 warmachines. I give one the lore of metal and the other the lore of fire (fireball and searing doom) usually the choices so I can cast it on a pesky units of skinks, eagle ect. that may be making a run @ my warmachine. :cheers

Mad Dave:

I’ve Ran with 2 of them before and ive popped them near my warmachines and had alot of success on the re-rolls. also i gave them Fire magic and a dispell scroll each. :cheers

Grimbold Blackhammer:

You know they can’t each legally take a Dispel Scroll, right?

Grimbold Blackhammer

Mad Dave:

You know they can't each legally take a Dispel Scroll, right?

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
your completely right my bad. ive just checked my old list and i did only put 1 scroll on my list.  wishfull thinking on my part ;).

propervillanz:

I tend to take two to three depending on the point value and i always keep them parked near my war machines for those re-rolls. In my humble opinion these guys make any type of stone thrower worth their points in spades and the ability to cancel out misfires is priceless. Also great at making those magma cannons work the way you want them.

eudaimon:

I take two in 2,400 lists, with 3 WMs. Those re-rolls are worth the points alone. Getting magic and scroll caddies (try the scroll of shielding, its nice) is a bonus.