[Archive] DoW CD (updated 3/30)

frozendarkelf:

Hail to the other slavers of the warhammer world! A friend of mine (swissdictator) requested that I post some pics of my recent work on this forum. so here we go!

For the Midwest Rampage (a yearly Indy GT in Illinois), every player needs a unit od Dogs of War up to 250 points. For this, I’ve decided to take a unit of dwarves, but I wanted them to look more chaossy to match my chaos army. Therefor I converted them into chaos dwarves. Just thought I’d post some pics before I get to painting them.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looks like pretty Kool stuff. But wouldn’t you want the Ogres up in the front lines?

Are you going to do any GS work on the Ogres to make them look more like the Chaos Dwarfs?

Welcome to the site, by the way!

Xander:

The ogres are unit fillers, so they don’t go on the front lines, TB. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome unit!! I love it!

snyggejygge:

Great looking unit!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

look great love the helmets might steal that idea

the beards look great job on the ogres so do you have any idea on the baces yet

Ubertechie:

Looks good and love the idea of using CD as DOW dwarfs

Swissdictator:

There did turn out very nicely indeed, they also look very good in person too!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Nice conversions:), make sure you post pic’s when they are painted.

Greetz

G

Loki:

Some really nice conversions you have got there, look forward to seeing them all painted up, also great idea adding in the ogres makes the unit look even more menacing :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Clear and straight conversions, I also like the ogres as unit fillers. :cheers

But I have one question … what does DoW mean? :question:

:hashut

snowblizz:

Clear and straight conversions, I also like the ogres as unit fillers. :cheers

But I have one question ... what does DoW mean? :question:

Zanko
Dogs of War, i.e. mercenaries. There was a mercenary armylist that could also be fielded in part in other armies. Just as Ogre units can.

Zanko:

Dogs of War, i.e. mercenaries. There was a mercenary armylist that could also be fielded in part in other armies. Just as Ogre units can.

snowblizz
Sometimes I´m so stupid :mask ... yes I know them!

My problem is that I don´t think in English! Despite of my idiocy ... Thx a lot!

frozendarkelf:

Finaly got them all done outside of basing, which I’ll do when I base the entire army.

jolpis:

nice! love all the freehandsymbols. but dont youthink the fur is a bit to bright?

Zanko:

I really like your slaanesh chaos dwarfs! :hat off

Cool paint scheme! I like it! I think it´s not too bright!

They are unique, not so “normal”.

I hope I will see more minis in the next time!

two_heads_talking:

I’ve always equated pink/purple (red hued) with slaanesh and blue/purple with tzeentch.

Other than that, I think they look pretty darn good.

tjub:

Ah, really cool… Might have to try som CD Ogres myself. :slight_smile:

slev:

Looks awesome, although the fur is a touch too blue for my liking. A light dry-brush with white would work wonders there I think.

Kera foehunter:

wow !! those look nice!!! what color did you use for the capes

frozendarkelf

frozendarkelf:

what color did you use for the capes
frozendarkelf

Kera foehunter
I'm assuming you are talking about the fur capes. Those are based in enchanted blue, with drybrushes of Ice blue then space wolves grey