[Archive] DoW Fan-Made Army Book

zobo1942:

I don’t know if anyone has seen this yet, so I thought I’d post a link to this Dogs of War fan made Army Book.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38079464/Warhammer-Armies-Dogs-of-War#source:facebook

I’m just downloading it now - might be some good reading.

Thommy H:

Not bad for something it apparently took three guys to write… Smug look

zobo1942:

Well, it in no way compares to the work you put together - your book bleeds awesome all over the table!

Thommy H:

In all seriousness, I’ve seen this (these?) guy(s) work on Issuu, where they’ve done Armies books for Cathay, Albion, Norsca, etc. etc. and they all look pretty decent. But a lot of the art is copyrighted, there are no colour sections, they all badly need some proofreading for spelling, grammar and style and some of the rules aren’t that well thought out. So yeah.

Fequiil:

In all seriousness, I've seen this (these?) guy(s) work on Issuu, where they've done Armies books for Cathay, Albion, Norsca, etc. etc. and they all look pretty decent. But a lot of the art is copyrighted, there are no colour sections, they all badly need some proofreading for spelling, grammar and style and some of the rules aren't that well thought out. So yeah.

Thommy H
why don't you tell them you can do all that stuff?
i think they'd really appreciate it if you'd help. ;)

cornixt:

The rules are pretty messy. Obviously I prefer my own Mercenary rules which are much cleaner - and at least I have non-human characters. I haven’t rechecked the RoR rules yet, but the old draft had so many redundant pikemen units that it was just silly. Seems to me that many of the RoR units should be reduced just to a special character rather than perpetuating GWs old rules that added special rules on top of special rules just for the sake of it.