[Archive] Dreadquake Mortar Crew

8-Bit Ace:

I am looking at the new CD rules and I noticed under the Dreadquake Mortar its’ unit size is listed as “One Dreadquake Mortar and three Chaos Dwarf Crew” with an option to get “an additional Slave Ogre.” Does this mean that the Mortar is meant to get a slave Ogre and they don’t mention him in unit size or that you need to purchase the Ogre to get just the one you need so the mortar can fire without rolling a 3+ every turn?

I know the rules aren’t official and in their final form but I was just wondering if anyone know what WF’s thinking was.

Thommy H:

You need to buy an Ogre to get one. I’m not sure how that’s unclear…

furrie:

The mortar starts with a crew of 3 cd’s and you can buy the ogre.

G.2:

I am looking at the new CD rules and ...

8-Bit Ace
Does EVERYONE have a copy of these rules, except for me. :mad

Can someone PM me, and let me know what I have missed? - PLEASE!

"It is doing my head in".

Thommy H:

Here’s the thread summarising the draft book that was at French GD. The current experimental rules are in PDFs on the Warhammer Forge website.

G.2:

Thanks Thommy H. I am going there to have a good read.

Thank you.

8-Bit Ace:

That’s one of those non-optional option rules which I find generally aggravating. Who isn’t going to spend an extra 20 points and not have the Mortar fire 33% of the time?

Thommy H:

Someone using the old Eathshaker model, presumably.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

That ogre will make taking down the war machine in combat isn’t being done by the usual war machine hunters.  They’ll need something a little tougher if there is an ogre guarding it so those extra points sound like a good investment to me.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Nebuchandnezzar:

Are there any pics of the dreadquake as i havn’t managed to find one yet if there is one?

Thommy H:

From this thread which is currently about the sixth thread down in this very forum and has the name “Warhammer Forge picture gallery” ;P.

Nebuchandnezzar:

Looks pretty cool, didn’t notice that thread thanx :slight_smile:

Astrogothic:

Sorry, I must have missed the new rules for this, what bonus does the extra ogre provide?

Thommy H:

Here's the thread summarising the draft book that was at French GD.

Thommy H