[Archive] Dreadquake mortars quake

Jorma:

Hello, this question is about about dreadquake mortars and enemy warmachines, the rule (quake) says that if I cause a casualty in the enemy unit, they have to pass dangerous terrain test if they want to move of use move or fire weapons, well technically even if I hit a enemy warmachine and fail to destroy it, it wont suffer from quake since there isn’t any “casualties” becouse the crew members are just wound markers in gaming purposes.

Is this right? Otherwise every time they take a wound they need to test for panic, since they are losing 25% of their unit.

Heavygear:

Hello, this question is about about dreadquake mortars and enemy warmachines, the rule (quake) says that if I cause a casualty in the enemy unit, they have to pass dangerous terrain test if they want to move of use move or fire weapons, well technically even if I hit a enemy warmachine and fail to destroy it, it wont suffer from quake since there isn't any "casualties" becouse the crew members are just wound markers in gaming purposes.

Is this right? Otherwise every time they take a wound they need to test for panic, since they are losing 25% of their unit.

Jorma
I believe the loss of a crew member is considered to be a "casualty". But yes the clearer description in game terms should be "wound"

Malorndk:

Hmmm. Actually a good question

We can all agree on what forgeworld wanted their wording to mean, but if they actually managed to write it correctly is a completely different story.

Personally I will go RAI on this one, as the Mortar is pretty weak to begin with. But in a tournament game I would accept it if my opponent denied me by claiming lost wound counters doesn’t count as casualties

Heavygear:

Hmmm. Actually a good question

We can all agree on what forgeworld wanted their wording to mean, but if they actually managed to write it correctly is a completely different story.
Personally I will go RAI on this one, as the Mortar is pretty weak to begin with. But in a tournament game I would accept it if my opponent denied me by claiming lost wound counters doesn't count as casualties

Malorndk
Actually with str 10 doing d6 wounds odds are good you will kill it outright if you hit it. The extra damage done if your opponent rolls a one is just icing on the cake. Its hardly weak. If everyone wasn't so enamored with the hellcannon, you would see more of them.

Malorndk:

I agree that the machine is fantastic. But the hellcanon is out of this world. In a comp where only 1 hellcanon is allowed, I would definetely consider bringing a mortar

Geist:

OP you can never cause a panic in a warmachine of itself. Why because the crew are nothing more but wound markers. A unit of more than one wound cant take a panic check even if you do 3 out of 4 wounds to it. Because panic checks are based on models lost not wounds taken.

Jorma:

OP you can never cause a panic in a warmachine of itself.  Why because the crew are nothing more but wound markers.  A unit of more than one wound cant take a panic check even if you do 3 out of 4 wounds to it.  Because panic checks are based on models lost not wounds taken.

Geist
If you read my post more carefully, you will se that I just used it as a what it would also indicate if the crew models removed would count as casualties, since you can never cause casualties in a warmachine the dreadquake mortars quake rule wouldn't work if we use RAW it is also clear what the RAI in this case would be since they have listed warmachines specially in the rule.