[Archive] DS Rocket scatter question!

Vessorine :

Hi guys/gals I have a quick question about the DS rocket which I was hopeing someone could help me with. If the marker you place scatters to far and doesn’t end up touching a model, you you roll an Artillary dice and move it towards the nearest unit (friend or foe). My question is do you have to move it towards the nearest point of the closest unit, or can you aim it towards any point of the nearest unit? I ask as if the nearest unit is a horde (10x3) and your marker lands in front you can easily over shoot, where as if you moved it towards the model on the far end of the unit you could get more hits! Also the same situation but the nearest unit is yours, could you move it in a way to minimise hits/ or to miss the unit?

Thanks

Vessorine

Da Crusha:

well, it does not say you have to move it to the nearest point of the closest unit.

Abecedar:

In the interests of fairness, I’d stick to having it aim at the nearest point every time. Because once it initially misses you have lost control of it and it is now just a daemonic shell out to kill whatever it can. Having it move so as to miss or minimize hits on your troops but at other times maximise hits on your opponents will lead to arguments. I don’t care if the rules have a loophole in them like that, I just don’t play that way.

KramDratta:

Following a reply via email from Forgeworld, you move to the centre of the closest unit (keeping in line with centre to centre of 8th). Hopefully they will add thi to the next FAQ update.

Da Crusha:

Following a reply via email from Forgeworld, you move to the centre of the closest unit (keeping in line with centre to centre of 8th). Hopefully they will add thi to the next FAQ update.

KramDratta
I like the way this sounds much better, not that Im trying to take advantage of the rules, it makes sense for it to deviate towards the center of the unit as much as possible.

Abecedar:

that sounds fine to me