[Archive] Dual Bale-Bomb 2015 v2.1

MadHatter:

This is the list I’m gonna start the battles with this year, report with this list found HERE!

Tricks and strategy:

Ld-bomb with Doom and Darkness combined with Dark Subjugation vs. Terror-charges of the Bale’s and Hellcannons, aswell as the Hellcannon-shots (For a total possible of a whopping -5 leadership on the forced panic test).

Strong possibility to access both Purple Sun and Ashstorm.

Soulblight and Hatred will help hobgoblins and blunderbusses.

Ld-bombed anvil and hammer play with hellcannons and the blunders and horde of hobgoblins with bales smashing in flanks and rear.

Blood of Hashut on both Bale-Prophets to deal with highly armoured cavalry like Bretonnia Knights and Skullcrushers, one carries The Other Trickster’s Shard to mess up their wardsaves.

4 drops then Heroes/Lords grants a god chance at going first.

The idea is to be able to have access to multiple situational strategies. The two lvl 4 Prophets and Chalice granting a good shot at solid magical dominance while doubling as knight-slayers and hammers. In the same way the Hellcannons are extremely adaptable and awesome in both CC and at ranged distances.

Updated: 02-24-2015

Lords (1250)

Sorcerer-Prophet (General)

+Bale Taurus

+Level 4 (Hashut)

+Talisman of Preservation

+Dragonhelm

+Dispel scroll

+Blood of Hashut

Sorcerer-Prophet

+Bale Taurus

+Level 4 (Death)

+Mask of the Furnace

+The Other Tricksters Shard

+Blood of Hashut

Heroes (201)

Daemonsmith

+Lvl 1 (Metal)

+Chalice of Blood and Darkness

Hobgoblin Khan

+Giant Wolf

+Spear

Core (629)

25 IG, Blunderbusses

+full command

+Gleaming pennant

30 Hobgoblins

+full command

Rare (420)

Hellcannon

Hellcannon

=2500

Ideas to try out:

*Combine with Destroyer instead of Hellcannons

*Go lvl 3 Death and get a Dawnstone into the mix

Bloodbeard:

I’m looking forward to hearing how this lists fare. It’s pretty nasty - if your magic works.

But I never feel safe without a bsb reroll. Never ever. One large block of infantry (Ld10 and nasty), I would be so afraid they broke due to some bad luck when not stubborn and no ld re-roll.

But those two cows are gonna do a lot of damage!

Fuggit Khan:

A most interesting list…never occurred to me to try to play a leadership Death Star with two Bale Taurus models.

I want to try this out…time for me to buy another Great Taurus model :hashut

MadHatter:

I'm looking forward to hearing how this lists fare. It's pretty nasty - if your magic works.

But I never feel safe without a bsb reroll. Never ever. One large block of infantry (Ld10 and nasty), I would be so afraid they broke due to some bad luck when not stubborn and no ld re-roll.

Bloodbeard
Yeah I'll also miss that Ld-reroll... however in my games the IG never really do much which I hope change through the use of blunders instead of fireglaives... we'll see what happens :) perhaps defensive play with flank-charging with bales can save them :cheers

A most interesting list...never occurred to me to try to play a leadership Death Star with two Bale Taurus models.
I want to try this out...time for me to buy another Great Taurus model :hashut

Fuggit Khan
Sounds awesome man, let me know how you fare! These are the twin taurus-riders-to-be of the Gorak-Zharr clan, the mean older cousins of the Clan-leader Klobolg the Mad :cheers

TheLazySamurai:

I'm looking forward to hearing how this lists fare. It's pretty nasty - if your magic works.

Bloodbeard
Yeah I'll also miss that Ld-reroll... however in my games the IG never really do much which I hope change through the use of blunders instead of fireglaives... we'll see what happens :) perhaps defensive play with flank-charging with bales can save them :cheers

A most interesting list...never occurred to me to try to play a leadership Death Star with two Bale Taurus models.
I want to try this out...time for me to buy another Great Taurus model :hashut

Fuggit Khan
Sounds awesome man, let me know how you fare! These are the twin taurus-riders-to-be of the Gorak-Zharr clan, the mean older cousins of the Clan-leader Klobolg the Mad :cheers

MadHatter
Great list! There are so many points denial elements, but you still have the potential to do so much damage. The End Times rules allow for some very interesting lists.

Cheers :cheers

The Lazy Samurai

Yodrin:

Two Bales, thats got to be awesome;), though i never leave home without a bsb;)

MadHatter:

Yodrin
Gleaming pennant and steadfast ranks all the way man ;)

Yodrin:

Yodrin
Gleaming pennant and steadfast ranks all the way man ;)

MadHatter
Yea, hehe. Dont know the % of failing steadfast LD 10, but its not high so it should work out fine. But if or should I say when it fails, it will be a sad sight:)

BTW, this list should also be tested with a Destroyer;). 3 big guys on the table, what more could we want;)

Admiral:

Haha, that’s how we like it! Please tell us how the list performed. I for one am eager to know. :slight_smile:

MadHatter:

Will do!

There’s some updates to it I’m gonna update with as soon as I wake up again tomorrow sometime but mainly the prophets will have more defensive builds and each carry Blood of Hashut, in theory this will change the strategy a bit since the Bales will go for armoured cavalry, the one thing I have real problems with. Secondary they’ll stomp infantry together with the Hellcannons :wink:

Destroyer would be nice, could be brutal with that kind of aerial support. Will update to 2.0 later when I’m decent enough to do the math :cheers

MadHatter:

Updated first post!

MadHatter:

The list worked marvelously :cheers

Check the last post of my 2015 battle-reports thread. I’m sorry I cant link it up (on the phone for a while) so its only a summary of the highlights. Link in signature :hat off

Battle Report (You’ve just been moderated!)

Bloodbeard:

I never planned on building any more than a single taurus. … And a long comes this thing.

End Times 50% rule surely has made it easy to get an army done in no time.

P.S. fixed your link.

Yodrin:

This has to be tested for sure !!!

MadHatter:

Battle Report (You've just been moderated!)

MadHatter
Thanks man :cheers

MadHatter:

3rd crushing victory in a row for the undefeated Bale-Bomb :cheers

Skaven/Dwarfs, High-Elves and Empire stomped into the ground so far!

MadHatter:

*Small update: Changed Daemonsmith’s lore from Fire to Metal. The biggest threat to the Hellcannons have been cannons and heavy cavalry, searing doom will make a big difference for protecting them.

Lepcon85:

This is the list I'm gonna start the battles with this year, report with this list found HERE!

Tricks and strategy:
Ld-bomb with Doom and Darkness combined with Dark Subjugation vs. Terror-charges of the Bale's and Hellcannons, aswell as the Hellcannon-shots (For a total possible of a whopping -5 leadership on the forced panic test).

Strong possibility to access both Purple Sun and Ashstorm.

Soulblight and Hatred will help hobgoblins and blunderbusses.

Ld-bombed anvil and hammer play with hellcannons and the blunders and horde of hobgoblins with bales smashing in flanks and rear.

Blood of Hashut on both Bale-Prophets to deal with highly armoured cavalry like Bretonnia Knights and Skullcrushers, one carries The Other Trickster's Shard to mess up their wardsaves.

4 drops then Heroes/Lords grants a god chance at going first.

The idea is to be able to have access to multiple situational strategies. The two lvl 4 Prophets and Chalice granting a good shot at solid magical dominance while doubling as knight-slayers and hammers. In the same way the Hellcannons are extremely adaptable and awesome in both CC and at ranged distances.

Updated: 01-28-2015

Lords (1250)
Sorcerer-Prophet (General)
+Bale Taurus
+Level 4 (Hashut)
+Talisman of Preservation
+Dragonhelm
+Blood of Hashut

Sorcerer-Prophet
+Bale Taurus
+Level 4 (Death)
+Mask of the Furnace
+The Other Tricksters Shard
+Dispel scroll
+Blood of Hashut

Heroes (201)
Daemonsmith
+Lvl 1 (Metal)
+Chalice of Blood and Darkness

Hobgoblin Khan
+Giant Wolf
+Spear

Core (629)
25 IG, Blunderbusses
+full command
+Gleaming pennant

30 Hobgoblins
+full command

Rare (420)
Hellcannon

Hellcannon

=2500

Ideas to try out:
*Combine with Destroyer instead of Hellcannons
*Go lvl 3 Death and get a Dawnstone into the mix

MadHatter
Hatter I do like the Idea of this list. when going to 3000 points, what would you change? oh and I noticed that your death Bale prophet is over his magic allowance by 5 points. seen that and wanted to point it out for you

MadHatter:

Hatter I do like the Idea of this list. when going to 3000 points, what would you change? oh and I noticed that your death Bale prophet is over his magic allowance by 5 points. seen that and wanted to point it out for you

Lepcon85
Good point, sending you some slaves, thanks! Something went wrong with the calculation there and probably it's nothing worse than moving the scroll to the general instead. I'll have to rerarrange the items when I get home :cheers

for 3000 points I'd perhaps throw in another unit of hobgoblins, 2 of 25 or smth, another Khan and 2 magmacannons :hat off

MadHatter:

*Update: Moved the scroll from the death-prophet to the general :cheers