[Archive] Dwarf army for sale, need help

starscream:

Hi

I am thinking of selling my dwarf army, Its been sitting for a while and I dont think I will ever actually get round to finishing it. I started painting bits and bobs of it but lost interest.

I have never sold a full army before. Would I be better off splitting it down or selling as one? Maybe I should look to trade it instead?

Any help or advice would be great. Off the top of my head I have:

20 Warriors (Skull Pass)

20 Warriors w/gt weapons (6th ed multi part plastic)

20 Slayers

10 Hand Gunners (Skull Pass)

10 hand Gunners (Skull Pass)

20 Miners (Skull Pass)

18 Iron Breakers (Black Tree Design)

1 Organ Gun (Black Tree Design)

1 Gyrocopter (Black Tree Design)

10 Quarrellers (6th ed multi part plastic)

10 Quarrellers (6th ed multi part plastic)

3 Cannons and crew (Skull Pass)

1 Metal Lord

plus various other bitz and bobs (20 or so dwarfs and characters I havent actually fitted in).

I also have, but am not sure if I intend to include, the ltd ed 30th anniversary White dwarf (the one being carried by Bugman and Gotrek) and the Gotrek & Felix minis (the original ones, not the overscaled ones).

What do you think?

Thorne:

I also have, but am not sure if I intend to include, the ltd ed 30th anniversary White dwarf (the one being carried by Bugman and Gotrek) and the Gotrek & Felix minis (the original ones, not the overscaled ones).

What do you think?

starscream
I am at a loss to work out what that would sell for. But one peice of advice if you intend to sell the White Dwarf figure then I would sell it as a different lot. I have sold no less than 3 of them for anything upwards of £30 one even sold for £50 overnight (i did mannage to get 10 of them so I still have a few left for a few years down the road)

apocalypstia:

Breaking the army down into lots you may get more monies overall, but this would be over time and it runs the risk of not selling certain bitz. You could always offer an a’la’cart of units with a nice discount for the entire lot.

Additional considerations whether your going to offer it to the community at a fair going or just gouge the public on the’bay. You may have some nice trade bait in there so it really depends on what your looking for once again. Trades may net you a better value but if u need the cash then its not as good for you.

on trades… what would you be considering?

starscream:

Breaking the army down into lots you may get more monies overall, but this would be over time and it runs the risk of not selling certain bitz. You could always offer an a'la'cart of units with a nice discount for the entire lot.

Additional considerations whether your going to offer it to the community at a fair going or just gouge the public on the'bay. You may have some nice trade bait in there so it really depends on what your looking for once again. Trades may net you a better value but if u need the cash then its not as good for you.

on trades.. what would you be considering?

apocalypstia
Would rather get rid in 1 go, trades are cool.

Willing to consider stuff. I play wfb, 40k, SST,Blood Bowl,epic, WM/Hordes.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

I’m not sure. Don’t expect much for it; in general, plastic and alternatively produced figures don’t value very high. What does value high however is the WD, which will immediately will be a nice eyecather if you’d sell the whole army on Ebay. On the other hand, selling seperately is garantueed to give you more profit, however I’m not so sure with an army that is largely made out of BfSP, plastic and BTD.

starscream:

ok, have set a price on this lot, any takers?

Some minis are painted to a decent tabletop standard, this would make a great starter army for someone.

Looking for a quick shift on these so have set a low price, am happy to provide photos n stuff, would prefer to sell within UK.

Also including current Dwarf army book (bit dog eared)

Looking for £80 plus postage which I dont think is half bad considering the RRP on the slayer unit alone would be 57.20!

lemme know if interested

Si

starscream:

Gone!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.