[Archive] Dwarf automata

Grimstonefire:

Artwork top right.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=10100037a

From the description on the main page, there are 12 foot tall Dwarf automatons.  The big things on wheels with hammer.

An interesting design idea for a CD equivalent I wonder?  I’ve always thought of them having dreadnought/ ogre sized golem creatures on two (or more) legs, but ones on wheels with a steam/ daemon engine makes some sense actually.

mattbird:

it seems as though all new books coming out will have big monstrosities like the dwarf blimp. :wink:

Grimstonefire:

I’d prefer a massive grudge thrower to an automaton for Dwarfs though. Make that model above for CD, ontop of a steam tank and we’re really talking! :smiley:

Nicodemus:

Sounds and looks great, and I love the idea… although sadly anything that immediately comes to mind pales in comparison to the ‘woah’ moment of seeing that actual image. Worth exploring though!

~N

Henroth:

I believed that it was of the Chaos Dwarfs. :frowning:

Obsidian:

That thing looks absolutely fantastic! It reminds me a bit of the Daemon engines from Epic 40.000. To me it looks more like a machine the Chaos Dwarfs would make then regular Dwarfs but who/what stops us from taking the idea and make a Dawi-Zharr version of it! Makes a fitting Kolossus to boot!