[Archive] Dwarf Champion

GreenEyedMinis:

Hi All,

First post so I thought I’d share a figure I got back from the casters today.

Around 20mm to the eye.

Sorry for the small pic, will get a larger one sorted tomorrow morning. Will hopefully have the painted sample back soon too.

The rest of the regiment (and indeed the army) will be along shortly.

Cheers

Adam

Zanko:

Looks very interesting, nice concept! :cheers

Very oriental!

Could you post a pic with your guy right beside a GW one - just for size comparison! :wink:

:hashut

clam:

Wow, not bad. Not bad at all. Looks more 28mm true scale - so will probably not fit current GW models - but will go well with my old stuff. Looking forward seeing a few more :smiley:

Btw: How did the sculpting?

GreenEyedMinis:

Wow, not bad. Not bad at all. Looks more 28mm true scale - so will probably not fit current GW models - but will go well with my old shit. Looking forward seeing a few more :D

Btw: How did the sculpting?

clam
Hi, Whiffwaff has created the range of figures for us.

We have 50 being worked on now and around the same amount for the second wave of releases.

The first figures will hit, hopefully, beginning of Feb 2011

clam:

Whiffwaff/Adam Gayford :smiley: thought so - he really has a talent for doing small stunty men :wink:

What races will he be doing for you? Just small men (Pixies, Gnomes, Brownies, Halflings, Dwarfs etc) - or will there be other more human sized figures?

Hopefully, you’ll let him try out doing some pure evil dwarfs as well - real vicious and ugly looking ones - we would love that here :wink:

GreenEyedMinis:

Whiffwaff/Adam Gayford :D thought so - he really has a talent for doing small stunty men ;)

What races will he be doing for you? Just small men (Pixies, Gnomes, Brownies, Halflings, Dwarfs etc) - or will there be other more human sized figures?

Hopefully, you'll let him try out doing some pure evil dwarfs as well - real vicious and ugly looking ones - we would love that here ;)

clam
He part owns the company so I've got him working at my whim..... The next 2 races are being worked on by him and a couple of other guys. All top secret though.

The rest of the stunties have an evil vibe to them and I should be able to post some shortly. :)

Thanks

Lou

clam:

That explains it :smiley: And I do understand that you want to keep it close - though, a small hint how big you are going would have been nice :wink:

Evil vibe is good enough - for now - and I will keep my eyes on you - both here and on your blog - and hopefully it wont be long before we start see some more.

GreenEyedMinis:

That explains it :D And I do understand that you want to keep it close - though, a small hint how big you are going would have been nice ;)

clam
Initial release , for the dwarves, will be 3 regiment box sets and a warmachine with another 4 regiments in the following months.

Regiments for foot will be 16 figures and mounted (centaurs) probably around 8 - 10 figures.

clam:

Wow! you really got big plans for this. 3 regiments - would that be Hand weapon/shields, great weapons and missile troops? :smiley:

Looking forward seeing you take on the different troop choices but also very interested seeing mounts/centaurs - any chance for some camel-riders? Would be so cool :smiley:

Abecedar:

wouldn’t say evil. looks sort of persian or some middle eastern type to me

GreenEyedMinis:

First figure with some paint on it

Cheers

Da Crusha:

Very nicely painted, good job!

nitroglysarine:

great shield, love it!

clam:

Looking even greater painted - and those shields … :smiley:

These are, definitely on my list of evil dwarfs to be added to my chaos dwarf collection. Hopefully, I’ll be able to buy them individually as these seems to go well with my Metal Magic, Grenadier and Essex Miniatures.

Want a piece of advice? Do some shield bits packs - they will make you a rich man (or in this business - the correct words would probably be: less indebted :D)

GreenEyedMinis:

Shields already at the casters :slight_smile:

clam:

:smiley:

vice decision :wink:

Borador:

I like it =D

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.