[Archive] Dwarf 'counts as' chaos dwarfs

Micge:

My local GW doesn’t allow chaos dwarfs :mad(not sure), so I’m gonna play dwarfs instead, modelled as chaos dwarfs.  

2000 Points dwarfs
Runesmith
Anvil of doom,master rune of balance,2 runes of spellbreaking,master rune of gromril,rune of preservation 455
Very costly, but I want to try it out. Modelled as some kind “altar of hashut” or something. Bring some decent magic defense in the form of 8 dd and 2 dscrolls

Not sure about the other heroes. Suggestions?

Core
25 dwarf warriors shields full command 250 points
10 quarrellers shields 120 points

Specia
8 bolt throwers or 4 cannons both are 360 points
As death rockets or chaos dwarf crewed bolt throwers
Rare
2x organ guns 240 points as different death rockets or earthshakers
Total: 1795 points without heroes and no runes on warmachines. How to make it to 2250?

Baggronor:

Anvil of doom,master rune of balance,2 runes of spellbreaking,master rune of gromril,rune of preservation 455
Very costly, but I want to try it out. Modelled as some kind "altar of hashut" or something. Bring some decent magic defense in the form of 8 dd and 2 dscrolls
Master Rune of Gromril is wasted here, a simple Rune of Stone and a shield gives him a 2+ which is good enough. If he's in combat, you've probably done something wrong. Master rune of Balance is expensive, and not that great imo. Master Rune of Spellbinding is better, but similarly overkill unless you are playing vs VCs.
Not sure about the other heroes. Suggestions?
Get a BSB. Master Rune of Gromril, Rune of Striking and 2 Runes of Cleaving turn him into an absolute beast. Other than him, I would suggest a Master Engineer, as you seem to like artillery :)
Good, although I would upgrade one unit to Longbeards. Re-rolling panic is pure gold.
I would swap one unit for Thunderers.
8 bolt throwers or 4 cannons both are 360 points
Dude, don't do it. It will lose you friends and isn't even that good. Get some Hammerers (BSB goes here) and some Slayers (10-15). The extra movement from the anvil makes these guys very useful.
Then have 1-2 runed up machines that you can protect, rather than 8 that you can't. I like 2 Bolt Throwers (both strength 7, one flaming) although the cannon is good if you go for the Master Engineer.
2x organ guns 240 points as different death rockets or earthshakers
Harsh but a lot of fun. Never underestimate the Gyrocopter though, its march-blocking can be useful when used in conjunction with the anvil (to slow down multiple targets), plus nothing clears out Zombies like a template weapon.

My Gt list (qualified for the finals, finished 50th or thereabouts 2 ago) was something like this:

Runelord on Anvil
+3 Runes of Spellbreaking   +Rune of Stone   +great weapon, shield

BSB
+Rune of Striking   +2 Runes of Cleaving   +Master Rune of Gromril

Thane
+Master Rune of Challenge   +Rune of Stone   +great weapon, shield
(Joins the Hammerers to pull in large flyers and stop them getting the artillery)

20 Warriors
+Shields, full command

10 Thunderers

10 Quarrellers

20 Hammerers (Thane goes here)
+Full Command   +Rune of Courage

10 Slayers

5 Miners

Cannon
+Rune of Forging +Rune of Burning

Organ Gun

Gyrocopter

For 2250 I would simply add some Longbeards and some more Miners.

My army is in the gallery section if you want some ideas: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/army6.php

Kered:

Good luck. Just to mention the Ravening Hordes list is legal and you can probably find it online.

Baggronor:

Ravening Hordes list is legal and you can probably find it online.
Its not allowed in many GW stores, nor is it supported by GW anymore. It is floating around online, but we're not allowed to post it up here anymore either.

Micge:

I was thinking ironbreakers as immortals, sure they don’t have great weapons or stubborn as hammerers do, but instead they are cheaper and have gromril armor. Would 19 of them with rune of stoicism and rune of battle be good? Full command ofc.

Baggronor:

I was thinking ironbreakers as immortals, sure they don't have great weapons or stubborn as hammerers do, but instead they are cheaper and have gromril armor. Would 19 of them with rune of stoicism and rune of battle be good? Full command ofc.
Yes, although they are the same cost (with shields), not cheaper. Personally I find the Hammerers' stubborn Ld9 to be much needed, they anchor a flank very well, plus the great weapons are nasty when the anvil charges them into a flank. If you want to go with Ironbreakers, then I would consider an Oathstone for whoever leads them.

Micge:

Second try.

Dwarfs 2000 points

Runelord on Anvil

3 Runes of Spellbreaking,Rune of Stone,great weapon,shield 404pts

BSB Master Rune of Gromril, Rune of Striking and 2 Runes of Cleaving 165pts

Master engineer great weapon 74pts

10 Thunderers 140pts

10 Quarrellers 110pts

19 Ironbreakers full command rune of stoicism rune of battle 327pts

Cannon

Rune of Forging,Rune of Burning,Valiant rune 150pts

Organ gun 120pts

Gyrocopter 140pts

Micge:

Comments? Improvements? Suggestions?

Baggronor:

Looking good. The only thing I would change is to make 1 Warrior unit Longbeards, probably 15 or so with Rune of Stoicism and maybe an ancestor rune or something. Trust me, the re-roll on panic is a lifesaver, plus the Longbeards themselves are immune which can be used to your advantage: An old trick is to have a missile unit in front of the Longbeards, which flees through them when charged.

Also, if you’re trying the valiant Rune on the Cannon, I would give the Master Rune of Gromril to the Master Engineer, and also consider Rune of Resistance: a 1+ re-rollable save, unbreakable Master Engineer ain’t goin nowhere :slight_smile: if you do this, then I recommend 2 Runes of Iron or some such on the BSB as a substitute for the armour rune.

You might have to fiddle some points around, but thats half the fun of it.

Micge:

What about removing the ironbreakers and putting in a 20-25 strong unit of longbeards without removing any warriors? And what to put to the bsb if the ME gets the gromrilrune?

Baggronor:

What about removing the ironbreakers and putting in a 20-25 strong unit of longbeards without removing any warriors?
I don't think it would be as good overall, but its still decent.
And what to put to the bsb if the ME gets the gromrilrune?
Rune of Striking, Rune of Cleaving, 2 Runes of Iron, Rune of Stone, Rune of the Furnace (nice vs Bloodthirster).
Or
Rune of Striking, Rune of Cleaving, Master Rune of Spite.
Or anything else you choose :) There are many, many combinations.

Micge:

Thanks for help!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.