[Archive] Dwarf Kickstarter by Atlantis Miniatures

Firehammer:

Atlantis Miniatures: A collection of highly detailed Resin Dwarf Miniatures in 28mm scale!

Atlantis Miniatures: 28mm Dwarf Miniatures by Atlantis Miniatures — Kickstarter

Available as single miniatures (Dwarf Male unit only, 5 GBP), units (mostly 30 GBP) and several bundles.

Abecedar:

They aren’t too bad at all. I especially like the bigger war-beast.

RL has ceased all possible purchases for the fore-seeable future

Fuggit Khan:

Hmmm…I’m not too sure of these guys. Nice details, and I love the pigs. But many of them have odd inward twisting at the wrists, almost as if they are having a seizure. And I really don’t like the lace up high top tennis shoes they’re wearing :frowning:

Firehammer:

My problem with this range is that almost the whole army has the same face.

This is something many sculptors do at the beginning, esp. with CAD design: They are happy that they got one face right and then copy paste it to the whole range to make things easy. E.g. Scibor uses the same face for a decade now, be it dwarf, elf or Space Marine. Also have a look at the female faces of Statuesque Miniatures or Werner Klocke, where head variance mainly comes from the haircut.

Jackswift:

I actually really like the style on these as a general rule, but I cannot get past the fact that all of the female faces look like variations on Dom Deluise.

Admiral:

The ram riders stand out. They’re fantastic! My brother will probably use them as hold guardians in his Dwarf army.

As for faces, they’re 9/10 of the models. Facial variation and character are always key.