[Archive] Dwarf Plastic Hero Sprue

Fridericus_Rex:

Here it is!

I think it looks great so far. Maybe you modify that to one CD hero!

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

modified :slight_smile:

Command kit? Or a lord kit or something, considering the shield and big banner …

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

looking good but why?

Fridericus_Rex:

That kit will be the lord kit.

Obsidian:

Hmm, ah well, the more the merrier I guess…

Filipicusius:

If i’m right, those two dwarfs in the upper lef corner are palaquin carriers? (or whatever i’ts named)

duktu:

The picture is quite clean - I’m guessing someone got a hold of the dwarven lord&BSB sprue.

The history behind this sprue is that this was supposed to be a plastic kit for dwarf army but the mould got broken or something and GW decided to not redo it. I doubt that anything has changed (especially with all the new armies being released).

There are chances that a few test models left the foundry, maybe that’s one of them? Or maybe someone has good photoshop skills and cleared the old pic? :slight_smile: To be clear - I’m not accusing anyone of anything. I’m simply curious :hat

Filipicusius:

Maybey they decided “Aw, what the heck. Let’s redo it”

cornixt:

I can’t see any differences from when I first saw the sprue a long while back. The pic I saw then showed both sides of the sprue.

duktu:

Indeed the old pic showed both sides. But I remember it as a blurry picture, while this one looks clean. I don’t feel like searching for the old one though (I accept the fact that I might be wrong and this is exactly the same picture :wink: ).

Hashut’s Blessing:

So, this is actually meant to be the Lord and BSB sprue, not the command sprue? If so, let me know so that I can correct the title for ya :wink: The horns for the hero and the larger shield are really nice actually.

duktu:

Hashut’s Blessing - if you watch closely the left side of the sprue you will notice that there are 4 dwarf “lower” bodies. In fact two of them are “whole” bodies and they’re shieldbearers. Clearly no command set have the option of travelling on a shield :wink: (you can even see small hands on the big shield). The same goes for the square object on the lower part of the left side of the sprue - it’s an oathstone. Again, only heroes can have the stone.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i think it’s nice to see plastic lords make’s building much easier

clam:

I can't see any differences from when I first saw the sprue a long while back. The pic I saw then showed both sides of the sprue.

cornixt
Nor can I - please take a look at this old thread: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6576

Kera foehunter:

So when it’s coming out. LOts of cool stuff

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was pretty sure that was the case, duktu, but thought it best to check first :wink: I’ll change the title and lock the thread as it’s already been posted with multiple pictures.