[Archive] Dwarf Slayer(1)

Zonk:

Dwarf Slayer WIP

It is necessary to make axes

Taurian:

Zonk
I don't know that axes are necessary...  This guy looks mean enough to bite and tear through anything that crossed his path.  And seeing that his teeth are at crotch-level on most humanoids, that's a dangerous proposition!

BTW, this guy kicks ass, but I imagine that you're getting tired of hearing that by now. Seeing him reminds me that I was intending to ask you if there was a possibility of CD berserkers in your sculpting future, but with all the other things that people have been asking for already, and all the projects that you mentioned are in the pipes already, I guess that would be too much to hope for.

Zonk:

Zonk
.....Seeing him reminds me that I was intending to ask you if there was a possibility of CD berserkers in your sculpting future......

Taurian
I will do all that concerns to CD.
It is interesting to me. Doing СD I not only I increase the army, but also I sell their another.

Taurian:

Zonk
.....Seeing him reminds me that I was intending to ask you if there was a possibility of CD berserkers in your sculpting future......

Taurian
I will do all that concerns to CD.
It is interesting to me. Doing СD I not only I increase the army, but also I sell their another.

Zonk
In that case, how about boar centaurs. Or better yet, how about boar centaur berserkers!

Out of curiosity, do you simply take requests, or will you actually do commissions? If you did, that might help decide what gets sculpted and in what order.

vulcanologist:

Great sculpt Zonk. Add knuckledusters instead of axes and he’d be great for blood bowl!

While I’m thinking of blood bowl what about a chaos dwarf team?

speedygogo:

He looks fantastic, great job! I am also a fan of the knuckle duster idea or maybe something like an ogre iron fist.

Blue in VT:

Wonderful! he looks tough! the Mohawk is a little over the top for me but other than that is awesome!

Blue

Taurian:

...the Mohawk is a little over the top...

Blue

Blue in VT
I thought the mohawk was quite well done. In the first part, it wasn't so thick that you could stop a bullet with it, unlike a lot of the other slayers that I've seen. It's plastered sort of like a lot of mohawks that I see, and that fan-like shape to it really makes it stand out. This reminds me of the way that horsehair crests are sported on some ancient helmets.

What I like best about this mini are the proportions, which are spot on (too many sculptors think that dwarves are nothing more than short, fat humans). The development of his shoulder muscles looks great. And that menacing sneer of defiance adds a beautiful finishing touch for this mini.

Dare I ask, btw, how many hours it took to complete him, from positioning the wire skeleton to sculpting the last detail?

Zonk:

Dare I ask, btw, how many hours it took to complete him, from positioning the wire skeleton to sculpting the last detail?

Taurian
4 hours

Taurian:

Taurian
4 hours

Zonk
I've never done any serious sculpting, but that sounds pretty fast to me. So technically, if given the motivation and time, you could actually crank out a brand new mini every day? Hell, you could make one for every day of the year. I don't know if what you do is a result of hard work and diligence or if you're just plain gifted, but whatever it is, you've got it.

Murdock129:

That’s unbelivable skill, and TBH aside from spears this guy looks like he’d be good with any weapons

Zonk:

blood bowl !

hobomcg:

Zonk, please have my children.

Great work as always.

Abecedar:

way too talented by far, please keep them coming, its an inspiration.

Taurian:

Zonk, please have my children.

hobomcg
It is true that Zonk is a highly talented artist and he's got some nice stuff for sale.  And I know that this is a chaos dwarf board and the chaos dwarf themes run throughout these threads, but I think this is going a bit far offering to give your children to Zonk as slaves just for some minis, no matter how nice they are.  Then again...maybe they could help him make even more minis!  I hereby withdraw my prior objection.  :)

Borador:

Your work is stellar, as always. I am truely impressed by your skill and speed!

Please keep the miniatures coming sir!

furrie:

My heart screams more, but my wallet says no

inkpwn:

Want! Fantastic work, if these hit the market they would be the best dwarf team out there IMO

vulcanologist:

Fantastic stuff Zonk! You must have heard my request! Definately going to order some of these! What about a chaos dwarf team along the lines of Greebos Volmarians?

Zonk:

Volmarians Greebos ??? I don’t understand word meaning. For me they are unknown…