[Archive] Dwarfs of Chaos take 2nd place overall at Conflict

mattbird:

Here’s a link to the army:

http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9947&start=10

He missed out on 1st place by .2 of a point, or something like that.

Zanko:

Great army! :hat off

Very special and unique colour scheme - I like it! :smiley:

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Good for him! A second still isn’t bad and it furtherd the CD cause!

Warhammerman:

A very awesome army indeed and especially an awesome victory. Good for him.

cornixt:

“Obviously the list is overpowered…blah, blah, blah” is the response I expect to see on many message boards.

mattbird:

I doubt it. Larry Mottola is a 6-time GT winner already. It’s not like this was fluky, he’s always near the top.

Khan!:

That’s awesome! I’m not into the colour scheme really, but it’s not my army so whatevs. Also, not like I’ve won any big tournaments. Hm, lots of bolt throwers…

wallacer:

Good for him. Nice to see a skilled gamer taking the list and showing that it can compete.

Loki:

Great result , next step world domination :slight_smile:

Borador:

Hails to Larry! Great job!
For Hashut!

:hashut

Border Reiver:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the colour scheme before on a non-slaanesh army. Larry should have done well, his ideas for improvements to the list made it what it was.

Willmark:

Definately a different take on the color scheme. Tell him congrats on the placing 2nd.

Thorne:

All hail the pastel dwarves fo hashut ! Love the army’s look but damn why do people always want to jump on the over powered arguement you could say the same for every amry that gamesworkshop has produced a rule book for too :frowning:

cornixt:

Has anyone started saying that yet? It’s just the response I expect since there were a few who thought it was overpowered from just reading the list so they’d use this as positive reinforcement.

Thommy H:

Well he seems to have a couple of blunderbuss units so…yeah…

Kera foehunter:

a little to much day-glow to me.Make me want to break out my black light

tjub:

Cool, not my choice of colours maybe. A bit too “Slaaneshy” but they look good. Especially the red Hobgoblins…

Baggronor:

Hmm not liking the colour scheme really. Doesn’t seem like a race that calls themselves ‘Dwarfs of Fire’ imo.

why do people always want to jump on the over powered arguement you could say the same for every amry that gamesworkshop has produced a rule book for too
I think the fact that its an unofficial book will always lead to a bit of that regardless of its power level. I do think some of it is a little, erm, pronounced, but it is designed to be in line with 7th ed books so no surprise I guess.

Ammrik Gunrock:

That army looks like Hashut vomited those little heart shaped candies all over it…

I mean its pretty and well painted…but…jeez

mattbird:

My 4 year old daughter looked at his army and said " They look weird." lol