[Archive] Earth Shaker or Orc bows / chuppas

Lava Lord:

Having an off / on again self debate and would appreciate some outside thoughts. :idea Would you go with a second Earth Shaker or 18 Orc bows and chuppas. Both have purpose and advantages.:hat off :hashut

gIL^:

hmmm, to avoid beard orcs, but i would rather get like 3 bolt throwers or loads of orcs without bows

Uzkul Werit:

An Earthshaker all the way. I mean, Greenskins of any desciption (unless mounted) aren’t that useful but when compared to the game changing ability of an Earthshaker …

Theory_Man:

If friendly games are your style, go with the orcs.

If you what your list to be the most competitive it can be and winning is your goal, then go with the second Earth Shaker.

Willmark:

An Earthshaker all the way. I mean, Greenskins of any desciption (unless mounted) aren't that useful but when compared to the game changing ability of an Earthshaker ...

Uzkul Werit
True. However, unless you want your opponnent to punch you in the face, orcs are the way to go. Earthshakers are indeed awesome, but using two invites complaints of cheesiness.

Repone:

Earthshakers are indeed awesome, but using two invites complaints of cheesiness.

Willmark
Like if the Empire or Dwarfs Kingdoms artillery wasn't that violent... :~

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’d say the orcs with bows as a sort of defence for the first earthshaker. The bows will pepper and annoy. The orcs will draw fire from other targets. They have light armour and T4. Anyone charges/gets charged, they got choppas too.

Willmark:

Earthshakers are indeed awesome, but using two invites complaints of cheesiness.

Willmark
Like if the Empire or Dwarfs Kingdoms artillery wasn't that violent... :~

Repone
As we have discussed in the past:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5677

There are plenty of cheesy combos out there. We Chaos Dwarfs! We don't need a second ES to pound our enemies into submission!

Lava Lord:

Just want to thak everyone with a barrel of lava.:cheers I enjoyed all your advise. My opponet got a maraginal victory out of our battle. I didn’t handle his VC black knights very well. There were two units of five, one with his vampire lord and banner of barrows (sp). Of course, it didn’t help that my three bolt throwers never got a shot off the entire game, 6 turns.:hat off

Uzkul Werit:

I have never had complants about the second Earthshaker. Mind you, I generally don’t whore the Bolt Throwers or Slaves either.

gIL^:

the best thing to do is play a willing opponent multiple times over a month start with quite a bit of cheese and tone it down after every game atm my list is

sorcerer lord 275
level 4
staff of sorcery

sorcerer 150
level 2
2 dispel scrolls

20 chaos dwarf warriors 210
standard musician boss

20 chaos dwarf warriors 210
standard musician boss

15 blunderbusses 180

15 blunderbusses 180

20 black orcs 318
standard musician boss
shields

4 ogre leadbelchers 220

earth shaker 110

bolt thrower 30

bolt thrower 30

10 wolf riders 110

little over 2000 which i have to fix

right now its quite balanced and every game is fair

edit : you can leave advice of this list at https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7310