[Archive] eBay seller using the Indy GT cover art in auctions

Nicodemus:

(All apologies if this has already been noted on the forum)

Noticed tonight that the eBay seller “whiterussian_ch”, from Switzerland, is displaying the cover of the Indy GT book in his auctions.  Is this someone from the forum?  (If-so let me buy some of your Blunderbuss units!!)

Here’s an example:

http://tinyurl.com/35lelez

I’m assuming this is pretty much a ‘fair use’ thing, and it’s nice to see, too bad there’s no link back here :wink:

~N

P.S. On an semi-related note: This seller’s use of “absolutely rare” in the titles of all of his CD auctions really irks me. There’s just no need to create such a distinction.  … and they’re not that rare :wink:

Time of Madness:

Ya I noticed that as well.

He has some pretty high starting prices on some things.

Time of Madness

cornixt:

Unless he has permission or did the picture himself, then he is not allowed to use it. There is no ‘fair use’ when it comes to using someone else’s copyright to sell your stuff, even if it is given for free on the internet.

The Brain:

who cares?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’d imagine the creators of the artwork and the book, to be honest The Brain.

Baggronor:

who cares?
Grupax would care I imagine (I think it was him) and I would too. Would you be ok with working for free so someone else can make a sale?

Kered:

I would not like it if someone use my art work without permission for their own ends and I guess neither would he.

Nicodemus:

who cares?
Grupax would care I imagine (I think it was him) and I would too. Would you be ok with working for free so someone else can make a sale?

Baggronor
That's kind of what bothered me about seeing it in this seller's auction. There's no need for it to be there other than to improve the appearance of the auction items.

As far as 'fair use' goes, I should have been more clear. This isn't 'fair use' in the terms we would normally think of for GW intellectual property, I was thinking more along the lines that this seller is just using the image as an example of chaos dwarfs, and he is not actually selling reprints of the Ingy GT, etc. Don't get me wrong though, it's still questionable and I think Grupax would be well within his rights to request that it his work be removed as it's being used without his permission.

In the past I had found some homebrew HeroQuest expansions I had created show up on eBay, printed in colour. I didn't catch the guy soon enough however because I looked through his selling history and he'd sold a bunch of them!

Grrrr
~N

Pyro Stick:

If people are getting so bothered by this then why dont you email the seller and ask him to either ask for permission or remove the artwork from his auctions?