[Archive] Elven Chainmail Armour Patterns (Quick Sketches)

Firehammer:

pretty nice but there is no chainmail in the world that would follow curves like that ^^its metal not silk...

Forgefire
Yeah, totally unimaginable for humans, what elven smiths can do with Mithril. ;)
Also magical armour is rare nowadays :P
But Tolkien and D&D books give good descriptions of how light and flexible Mithril armour is. And it's nothing like historical human armour.

TheHoodedMan:

I agree with firehammer. No need to strictly keep with historic armor.
For me some of the older GW illustrations, especially the John Blanche ones, remind me also of Elric of Melnibonè. A hero could handle a sword like his from Moorcocks novels.

Fuggit Khan:

Just as a little drawing experiment to get used to Elven designs:

Admiral
Stunning designs, and very elfish. I've spent about 20 minutes now studying them...and I can't pick a favorite among them, all of them are works of art :)

Admiral:

@Firehammer: Thanks for sharing, there are nice elements in there for sure! Magical armour need indeed not follow the constraints of reality, though my lifelong liking for realism and difficulty with achieving flowing curves means that chainmail and scalemail will most likely be plain and hanging.

@Fuggit Khan: Thank you very much! Hopefully some of them will make it into miniature kits in the future, ready to be hewn in half by stout Dwarfen axes. :cheers

Work on the monopose Elf archer has begun.