[Archive] End Times Spell for Hashut?

The Immortal Beard:

After seeing a lack of End Times love for our patron Father of Darkness, and seeing the idea kicked about that maybe some house ruled spells might be in order, I’ve decided to give my idea for an “End Times” spell for Lore of Hashut.

Lore of Hashut  (End Times Spell)

Shroud of Darkness
  Cast on 18+

With clenched fist and praise to Hashut, the caster summons a dense cloud of enchanted ash an smoke to guard against ranged attacks.

Remains in play. Shroud of Darkness is an augment spell that targets a single friendly unit within 18 inches of the caster. Ranged attacks from missile weapons against the unit are made at -3 penalty to ballistic skill. Ranged missile weapons that use templates (such as stone throwers) must roll 4+ for each model hit by the template before rolling to wound. On a roll of 1,2, or 3 the hit is nullified. Additionally, the unit is immune to magic missiles and will not take multiple wounds from shooting attacks. Alternatively, the caster can choose to boost the spell to affect all friendly units within 18 inches but the casting value is increased to 25+.

EDIT: Made some tweeks based upon suggestions.

For those more inclined towards an offensive spell, I’ve come up with this idea:

Lore of Hashut (End Times Spell)

Pyroclastic Flow   Cast on 15+

The caster rips open a a fissure in the earth’s surface and launches a flow of molten hot magma, ash, and fire towards the enemy.

Pyroclastic Flow is a direct damage spell. Nominate a direction in the caster’s front arc and extend a line from the caster’s base 5d6". Any models under the line take a strength 8 hit with the flaming attacks and multiple wounds (1d6) special rules (determined as per a bouncing cannonball). Additionally, any unit touched by the line is pushed back, in the direction of the line, 2d6" (the unit retains it’s original facing). If a unit pushed back comes into contact with impassible terrain or a building, it takes an additional 1d6 strength 3 hits and stops 1" away. If the unit pushed back comes into contact with another unit, both units take 1d6 strength 3 hits and are placed 1" apart. Finally, place a marker, with the size and dimensions of the large round template, at the end of the line extended from the caster. This area represents the final location of the lava flow as it has hardened and ceased forward momentum. The area of the marker is dangerous terrain for the remainder of the game. Flammable units fail their dangerous terrain tests on a roll of 1 or 2 and treat the failed dangerous terrain test as a flaming attack (double wounds inflicted).

Bloodbeard:

It’s a nice spell, thanks for making one. In athis old thread Nicodemus made three cataclysm spells for Lore of Hashut.

Nicodemus’ super heavy storm of magic spells

Malorndk:

This spell isn’t good compared to the 2+ ward save augment. It’s not better than Ashstorm either. Aside from that, It’s pretty niche. Against VC or other lowshooting armies, it won’t be worth it. This one spell is allowed to be better than purple sun, mindrazor and Dwellers, so go over the top

The Immortal Beard:

This one spell is allowed to be better than purple sun, mindrazor and Dwellers, so go over the top

Malorndk
I'll keep that in mind.:hat

I kinda wanted to make something that boosts defense. I realize it isn't perfect against armies with low shooting, but I do not feel we necessarily need to create something that is a tool for all opponents. It stops spamming of magic missiles against the unit, offers essentially a "look out sir" type save for templates on R/F troops, stops multi-wounds from laser guided cannons, and protects against common shooting. I revised it a bit and made it remains in play. More feedback please! It is all appreciated.