[Archive] End Times Tournament List

Twisted Dwarf:

So I attended a one day 3 game End Times tournament last weekend, 2000 points everything goes except Khaine because it was still too new.

I took the following list.

Daemonsmith Sorcerer

+ Power Stone

+ Lore of Metal

Daemonsmith Sorcerer

+ Ruby Ring of Ruin

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

+ fireglaives

+ Deathmask

+ musician

+ standard bearer

Iron Daemon War Engine

+ Hellbound

Iron Daemon War Engine

+ Hellbound

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Hellcannon

Hellcannon

This list is a lot different then my normal tournament list noted by the lack of any bull centaurs. The reason for this is well, Karl Franz and Nagash were going to be there in spades and frankly my normal list has got nothing for them.

This list is designed to kill Karl and friends on turn 1 or 2 and then hold on to it’s points and grind the game out.

I played Karl Franz and killed him on turn 2. The other games all were about the same, they had a super daemon prince or Lord of some time and I shot them to bits.

Took best overall.

Boring list but at least my gun line could move.

dromar:

Not as boring as the usual dwarf gunline, at least you got magic and some move plus the ID and hellcanon that can charge.

What was the result? DO you recommand such a list? 4 unbreakable unités is hard, why don’t you pout some hobgoblin khan to chaff?

sam585:

Yea, I was pretty sure double irondemon was going to be the thing for end time chaos dwarf lists; however, what was killing the most combat lords the hell cannons or iron demons?

Twisted Dwarf:

Not as boring as the usual dwarf gunline, at least you got magic and some move plus the ID and hellcanon that can charge.

What was the result? DO you recommand such a list? 4 unbreakable unités is hard, why don't you pout some hobgoblin khan to chaff?

dromar
I just can't find the points for the Kahns. I'd have to drop one of my level 1's and I love my lvl ones in this list. I'm either 6 dicing searing doom or fireball depending on what I am fighting. I rather have that then a kahn.

The result was I won =-)

Twisted Dwarf:

Yea, I was pretty sure double irondemon was going to be the thing for end time chaos dwarf lists; however, what was killing the most combat lords the hell cannons or iron demons?

sam585
Hell Canons for the lords and the iron daemons are for monsterous cav etc.

The list works well, People didn't like playing it very much.

sam585:

It really is the only list we can run in a competitive no holds bar end times environment until we get a prophet with a merged profile on Tarus, and even then it would not be as competitive as double iron demons+warmachines. If I was you I would inform my opponents that GW and the Tournament itself forced you to run that list lol. I just find it kinda depressing that LoA combat lists are totally useless in hardcore end time environments.

Twisted Dwarf:

It really is  the only list we can run in a competitive no holds bar end times environment until we get a prophet with a merged profile on Tarus, and even then it would not be as competitive as double iron demons+warmachines. If I was you I would inform my opponents that GW and the Tournament itself forced you to run that list lol. I just find it kinda depressing that LoA combat lists are totally useless in hardcore end time environments.

sam585
I totally agree with you. There was 28 people in the tourney and it was all filthy. End times games are very match up drpendant and quick to play because once you big bad guy dies it's Basically over. This was a attempt to see how end times in a tournament would work by the organsier and I think he agrees it makes the tournament scene worse not better.

My big joke of the day was, I don't have 6 warhmachines, I have 2! The I have 2 monsters and 2 uniques! Lol

Zanthrax:

Sweet list - love the approach got any pics of the tournament?

Twisted Dwarf:

Sweet list - love the approach got any pics of the tournament?

Zanthrax
There's a bunch on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/Foodhammer/mediaset?album=pb.236221796411243.-2207520000.1417790380.

Zanthrax:

Your army looks great well done

MadHatter:

Looks sweet.

I got 2 atm, 2500;

Blunderbuss core, 2 hellbound ID, 2 HC and prophet on bale with hashut for ashstorm and freeing chaffed ID’s

Aswell as the yet untried non endtimes:

Dual prophets on bale, metal and hashut (1250), destroyer, fireglaives w. Razor and dual magmacannons for maximum fire.