[Archive] Epidemius Converted to a Skaven Warlord on War-litter

Merchant:

Hi all - as the headline indicates, came an idea out of the blue

And I was thinking about converting Epidemius into a Skaven Warlord on a Warlitter, my Skaven army is well under way… But still some ideas cannot be ignored, and have to be put to the test :cheers

But as allways, I thought of putting my idea up here for a debate - just to hear some suggestions on who to do it…

Ideas so far: :idea

1). Remove hourglass, maybe replace it with a ball (to repecent the magic item: Death Globe).

- Also remove his other hand weapon, and give him a more Skaven-ish weapon (maybe from the Stormvermin sprue).

2). Cut of his head, and find a fitting replacement (again maybe from the Stormvermin sprue).

- Another alternative for his head, could be a Rat Ogre head (But its size maybe a bit too much).

3). Green Stuff, and lot of it - he and his Nurglings might gonna need some fur.

- sounds simple enough.

4). Remove all kinds of chaos marks/icons, and replace them with Skaven marks/icons.

- sounds simple enough.

Let me hear from you, all kinds of feedback is welcome

Cheers mate - Merchant :hat off

Zanko:

Skaven on a palaquin … sounds cool! :cheers

I’m not so happy with the idea of a complete conversion of the existing models.

The use of the throne/palaquin will be great but I wouldn’t use the handsome guy on the throne and not the nurglings!

Could it be possible to model a huge ratswarm under the throne, I mean relly lots of rats - many of them! And I think it will also look better if you use an original skaven model sitting on the throne. I don’t collect Skaven but I’m sure there will be a cool one which you can use!

I’m eager to see your efforts and in the future the finished model!

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

This would be interesting, and not impossible.

Do you have any plague monk heads? Or the old skaven ones? It may be possible to cut them down and stick one on each of the nurglings (the ones you can see the faces on anyway.

I find a bit of wire pinned in makes good small rat tails, just carefully paint on the sections and it doesn’t need greenstuffing.

Merchant:

I'm not so happy with the idea of a complete conversion of the existing models.

The use of the throne/palaquin will be great but I wouldn't use the handsome guy on the throne and not the nurglings!

Could it be possible to model a huge ratswarm under the throne, I mean relly lots of rats - many of them! And I think it will also look better if you use an original skaven model sitting on the throne.

I don't collect Skaven but I'm sure there will be a cool one which you can use!

Zanko
Well I was going to make his as an Warlord of the Clan Pestilens, thats is why I was going to use the existing model on the throne/palaguin.

And as Grimstonefire suggested, I will try to make the nurglings look more rat-ish...
Do you have any plague monk heads?  Or the old skaven ones?  It may be possible to cut them down and stick one on each of the nurglings (the ones you can see the faces on anyway.

I find a bit of wire pinned in makes good small rat tails, just carefully paint on the sections and it doesn't need greenstuffing.

Grimstonefire
At the moment I do not have any Plague Monk heads, I have one of the old Skaven Clanrat regiment boxes somewhere - and if your are right, it will be an (not simple but) rather easy task to make the nurglings look-like a ratswarm.

Cheers all, and thanks for all the help.
Again keep them feedback coming :hat off

AGPO:

Having built and painted that model I can safely say that a standard skaven head will be way too small. Only thing that might look right is something from the 4th edition range. Anything from the first multi-part clanrats and newer will look a tad ridiculous. A Grey Seer could comfortably stand on the throne seat though…

Merchant:

Well then AGPO, can you then tell me how big it is compared to normal size human figure (Bret/Empire) maybe?

- Do you think a Rat Ogre head would do the trick???

Kera foehunter:

Great idea there merchant!! Great to see your back

i love the new avatar you have !!! !Now i need to find me a cool one

Merchant:

Hi again Kera, it is always good to be back - and thanks for avatar thing, he looks alot like me :wink:

Well at least thats what Vasquez says - hehe…

have you seen my Warlock Engineer yet?

or just take a quick look here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6877

Kera foehunter:

Off topic : Dude i though it was you! just missing the red rubber ball nose

and some make up what a great find

back to topic

im going to check out the

Warlock Engineer

Merchant:

Thanks Kera (that was sweet), from the bottom of my heart - we talked about it Vasquez and I, already before I changed my Avatar, that he looked like me. So I’m very pleased, with that comment :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(We are working on a photoshoot, were I’ll be wearing that kind of cloths/hat and make-up) :slight_smile:

Anyway, what do you think of my Skaven army so fare?

Zanko:

What about a small update? :smiley:

I would really like to see your efforts!

I’m eager to see how you make the conversion to a Skaven! :cheers

Thorne:

its going to be a hard job doing this project for sure. look forward to seeing the results some time soon.

Merchant:

Epidemius is still WIP, but only because I don’t have a head - that fits right at this point in the process…

Anyway, when he is done - he’ll be posed on my Skaven Thread, in the off-topic section :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Please post some WIP pics! :smiley:

I’m really curious to see the progress and the efforts which become more and more visible!

Merchant:

Hello again Zanko mate :wink:

I’ll maybe be posting some pics at the end of this month - but for now, I only have my bonebreaker wip to show.

And it will be posted, within a few days on my army thread :smiley:

Cheers mate :cheers: