[Archive] Episode 8 of CDR - 2 part long edition!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Chaos Dwarf Radio #8a
August, 2010
Special Guest: Nicodemus & Sousunou
[ MP3 59.8 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Hello all! Due to technical difficulties and my original guest being absent for the past two weeks, as well as being unsure of where I�?Tm going to live, the episode has been majorly delayed, but it�?Ts 2 hours long to compensate and there will soon be an 8th edition mini-series! This episode was primarily recorded on the 16th of August 2010, although I had to re-record all of my lines (note: technical difficulties above). This time around, we had almost 2 and a half hours of recorded podcast �?" to get this out sooner, I have merely spliced the three recordings together and removed the largest areas of blank sound (in particular, where Sousunou came in). We recorded this all in one go, with the exception of me, who recorded it all in one go, twice :D Regardless, I hope that you all enjoy it and I shall try to get the second half up by Wednesday.

Today's hosts are Hashut's Blessing, Nicodemus and Sousunou.

[/U]
-Golden Hat #12: Winner and contestants revealed!
-Artisan�?Ts Contest #8: For more information.
-Veteran�?Ts Medals: Quick description of new shinies.
-Chaos Dwarf Dice Project Info on how to set it up and how they look .
-Games Day Progress: The run up to the big event!
-Warg Pack: Old models, new box.
-Misty mountains: All we know so far.
-High Elves release: New models, not book .
-New paint sets: Fantasy, 40,000 and LotR/WotR.
-Daemon Prince: Big bad boy!
-Pink Horrors of Tzeentch: Pink? Yes. Horrific? Certainly...
-Seekers of Slaanesh: Slithering to you.
-The Changeling: Change this!
-Traitors of Chaos: Old skool.
-Bloodcrushers: Why not blend blood instead?
-Oracle of Tzeentch: The big bad present-blind bird!
-Island of Blood: All of the info and all of the discussion.
-Island of Blood Novel: From Black Library.
-8th Edition Rulebook: The BFB.

As an aside, I�?Td like people to start nominating themselves to co-host the podcast with me early on after the previous podcast. I�?Td also like to ask that if you do so, please be around at the due date of the next podcast because we had an AWOLer this time around, which delayed everything by nearly two weeks beyond other postponings. If you need incentive, you get a medal out of it too!

Chaos Dwarf Radio #8b
August, 2010
[ MP3 38.48 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Show Links:
-8th Edition: Original rumours, Swissdicator�?Ts comments on 8th and Willmark�?Ts return to playing, but using 8th.
-Topic of the Month: May�?Ts Topic.

[/u]
Using Daemons as CDs
This month, we�?Tre discussing the merits and pitfalls of using the rules from the Daemons of Chaos army book to represent a Chaos Dwarf army, whether in the guise of daemonically bound armour and weapons or to represent the actual units. Also, discussion of how to go about modelling such an army and which models should/could be used for which units is anticipated and expected. Alongside this, topics of other armies being able to be used to be represented by Chaos Dwarf models is likely start. A few such armies to bear in mind that have already been discussed are: Warriors of Chaos, Dwarfs, The Empire, Dogs of War and Orcs & Goblins.

Nicodemus:

HB!! Thanks very much for all that extra time and effort put in to re-recording and editing… and the list of show links is impressive!!

~N

P.S.  … wait a mo… this sounds an awful lot like episode #7 :o   :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … but the download link for the show is the right one.

clam:

Why can’t I pick this up via iTunes? Fix that will yu’?

Hashut’s Blessing:

More than welcome, Nicodemus. Thanks for joining me on the show again :wink:

The list of links is still a few short because of the stuff included in part two :smiley: I think it took me longer to copy all of the links (which I’d already compiled) than to convert the file into MP3 before uploading it, lol :smiley:

To respond to both the comment about the player and clam’s comment about iTunes: Unfortunately, I’m not as technically gifted as Xander. I literally copied and pasted the template, fill in the appropriate urls (for downloading) and he, at a later point, makes it so that it plays on here and is updated on RSS/iTunes etc.

Apologies to all for that. If I knew how to do it, I would, but he somehow uploads it to CDO. It may be that you need Admin privileges to do that as well (Admins run the website and can change the format of it, etc. Mods are there to help them keep members civil and run less techy stuff :smiley: Sort of…). So, when he’s recovered from GD, maybe he’ll get around to it. Until then, you can download it and then upload it to your iPod (I’d imagine :D), as it’s in MP3.

Hope y’all enjoy it!

warh:

Thanks for this awesome episode!

I think I can awnser your fishy question, beacous the fish is in fact the icon of Tzeentch from the older fluff.

Xander:

Starts to fix the player and the RSS for iTunes et al.

EDIT: Okay, should be all set!

Verezzo:

Really good first part guys - keep it up :cheers!

Verezzo

clam:

*Starts to fix the player and the RSS for iTunes et al.*

EDIT: Okay, should be all set!

Xander
Works fine, thanks :hat off

Nicodemus:

couple of odd bits in the editing where the same 3-5 second clip was repeated, but all in all it turned out better than I would have thought for HB having to re-record all of his speaking and mix it with myself and sousnou.   … My hat’s off again for the major effort to get this edited and listenable. And thanks HB for being nice with the editing… messing around with our pre-recorded responses could have gone so awry x.x  :)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yeah, I noticed when I began editing the second half that some of the stuff was int he wrong place, but when I recorded the first half, it didn’t sound out of place. I literally listened to what I’d say from Nico’s recording (as I could hear it, but had to amplify it, which created huge background white noise), then type it out and re-record it, so sometimes my responses don’t sound quite as natural as they should. Also, I didn’t listen to it all before posting as it was late and I wanted it up and at over an hour long, I didn’t want to waste time after everyone had waited.

Just trying to finish up the second half (hopefully before I leave for filming tomorrow), which should hopefully sound smoother. Note: at the end Sousunou’s mic stopped working,s o he re-recorded a response at the end too, lol :smiley:

Nico: Thanks for saying it worked out better than expected :smiley: To all: apologies for the repeated section (still not yet listened to this :smiley: ) I always try to be nice with the editing. After all, it’s to make me look good too :wink:

Just stay tuned as this second half should be up tonight, at the latest up tomorrow, POSSIBLY Friday. Aim is tonight :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Chaos Dwarf Radio #8b
August, 2010
[ MP3 38.48 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Show Links:
-8th Edition: Original rumours, Swissdicator�?Ts comments on 8th and Willmark�?Ts return to playing, but using 8th.
-Topic of the Month: May�?Ts Topic.

[/u]
Using Daemons as CDs
This month, we�?Tre discussing the merits and pitfalls of using the rules from the Daemons of Chaos army book to represent a Chaos Dwarf army, whether in the guise of daemonically bound armour and weapons or to represent the actual units. Also, discussion of how to go about modelling such an army and which models should/could be used for which units is anticipated and expected. Alongside this, topics of other armies being able to be used to be represented by Chaos Dwarf models is likely start. A few such armies to bear in mind that have already been discussed are: Warriors of Chaos, Dwarfs, The Empire, Dogs of War and Orcs & Goblins.

Nicodemus:

Thanks for posting … and again, thanks for all the extra work you had to do. Not sure I could bring myself to re-record all my dialogue it it was me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hey, I’d rather get a quality programme out as opposed to people having to listen through static :smiley:

Clinkz:

Thanks for the show guys, very nice work!

clam:

Chaos Dwarf Radio #8b
August, 2010

Hashut's Blessing
Xander, where are you? - my iTunes subscription needs help, please :D

Alfract:

600 Hobogoblins… Now that is a challenge … sounds like fun.