[Archive] Episode #9 of Chaos Dwarf Radio

Hashut’s Blessing:

Chaos Dwarf Radio #9
September, 2010
Special Guest: Xander
[ MP3 70.11 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Well, here we are at last! For once, this isn�?Tt my fault for being so late: it seems that our fearless leader, Xander (a.k.a. my co-host this month), is unable to read messages and the like at weekends, so we were delayed by that, followed by his girlfriend stealing him away, who then tried to steal his laptop the next night �?" we managed to do the podcast with him using Skype on his phone, eventually. On that note, I had to use some new recording software and it seems to have randomly cut out a few words of Xander�?Ts in the process, so if it sounds a little �?ooff�?�, then that�?Ts why. Lastly, I had real-life commitments this weekend (photoshoot, script-reading, travelling to Manchester and back, etc...), but have been editing this non-stop since we recorded it, excepting those days. So, without further ado, let�?Ts get on with it :D

Today's hosts are Hashut's Blessing and Xander.

[/U]
-Island of Blood released �?" Excellent models with tiny book.
-Island of Blood reference sheet �?"Useful addition that should be in the box.
-Prince Althran & Warlord Spinetail �?" Additions to IoB.
-Dragon Princes �?"Shiny and fire-proof!
-Phoenix Guard �?"Awesomely cool, but expensive.
-White Lions �?"Big axes with dancing elves.
-High Elf Magic cards �?" Useful and cool.
-Lothern Sea Guard re-released �?"The big reveal
-Classic Lothern Sea Guard Command �?" They need leaders!
-Classic Lothern Sea Guard �?" As well as the core of the unit.
-Lothern Sea Guard Shields - Great for themes or expansions.
-Maulerblades �?" First of three Rat Ogres.
-Ironclaws �?" Hurt, but good to go!
-Stitch Spikegouger �?" It�?Ts in the name.
-Skaven Slings Bitz pack �?" Stone slingers.
-LotR Cave Drake �?" Very sweet piece.
-LotR King�?Ts Champion �?" Questionable set-up.
-LotR Floi Stonehand �?" Bald and bookish.
-LotR Gundabad Blackshields Command �?" Head of the elites.
-LotR Gundabad Blackshields �?" The aforementioned elites.
-Dark Eldar release/cardboard watch tower �?" Good stuff all around.
-Artisan�?Ts Contest #8 winner �?" Entrants revealed.
-Golden Hat 13 theme �?" Like you didn�?Tt already know.
-GD Baltimore �?" The event and the interview.
-Greenskin book �?" Like another is needed.
-August TotM �?" Proxying.
-Mechanical Hamster �?" Kolossal appearance.

As an aside, I�?Td like people to start nominating themselves to co-host the podcast with me early on after the previous podcast. I�?Td also like to ask that if you do so, please be around at the due date of the next podcast because it sucks to have an AWOLer because it delays everything. If you need incentive, you get a medal out of it too!

[/u]
Fanlists again!
This time around, there�?Ts a plan for the discussion of all fan-made materials again, looking at them in the new light of 8th edition, with new examples out (including the recent CDO FAQ/errata and Thommy H�?Ts new list) and how to bring them up to speed, as well as their merits and such like.

Nicodemus:

A good listen… thanks for getting 'er posted! Now to #10 and the Chaos Dwarf stuff from Games Day!!! Hurry hurry!!

Kered:

I don’t know if this is only me but I can only here episode 7.:frowning:

Xander:

Ya, you have to download the MP3 file. HB usually posts the file to mediafire, then I have to do some behind the scenes clean up to put it into the RSS feed, etc.

tjub:

Another great episode, a bit anoying though to have Xander in one ear and HB in the other when listening at my iPod. :frowning:

Xander:

Haha, that would be an interesting experience. We are whispering (talking) into your ear!

Kered:

As always, a great episode.

tjub:

Haha, that would be an interesting experience.  We are whispering (talking) into your ear!

Xander
Jupp, when I was on the tram back and forth to work. Next time I would prefer to have you each in both earphones. :hat off

Clinkz:

Downloading now, looking forward to it, hope its nice and long episode? :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Nico: Already making notes as we go along, although I have NO CLUE as to how I’m supposed to try and cover all of the Warhammer Forge info (even focusing mainly on the CD stuff!).

Kered: As Xander’s said, they will almost always be a few days between me posting the files up and you being able to have the RSS update or play it straight from the post. Best bet is to download it manually if it’s still a day or two after posting.

tjub: I noticed that whilst editing it too, lol. Made it awkward because it also kept switching as to which of us was in which output :smiley: Still, it is likely to be a one-off due to the recorder that I was made to use :wink: If people can record their end and send it to me, it comes through in both ears as normal, but Xander used his phone!

Clinks: Just over 75 minutes (cut it down from just over 90 minutes, simply by removing my uhms and ahs, lol :smiley: ).

Glad that those that have listened have enjoyed it and hope those that haven’t will do! Anyone willing to volunteer for next time, don’t hesitate to do so!

Willmark:

Ya, you have to download the MP3 file.  HB usually posts the file to mediafire, then I have to do some behind the scenes clean up to put it into the RSS feed, etc.

Xander
Well then get on it!

Xander:

It’s been a busy week for me. Will try to get to it soon!

clam:

Not your best episode, sorry to say so - but that’s my opinion. The sound quality isn’t the best, and - opposite Tjub - I find it rather annoying having HB in one ear and Xander in the other.

And then I simply find this episode to loooong. Why the run-down of every single release done by GW? First, it’s is supposed to be a chaos dwarf fantasy podcast, right? - so why not ditch the 40K and lotr stuff unless it’s obviously related to CDs? If you ask me, only interesting release (from a Warhammer Chaos Dwarf point of view) is the IoB release.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ve already apologised for the acoustic quality and the the “surround sound” style, but do so again.

As to the length: it seems difficult to get a balance of what people like between long episodes and short ones.

Regarding the non-CD stuff: Maybe we could spend less time discussing it, but we there’s a Warhammer News section, so it would be defunct if we didn’t include the news, lol.

zobo1942:

I enjoyed it - but I have to agree with the previous comments about left ear/right ear (not that that is such a big deal) and I do certainly find the run through of every single GW release to be a little dull. Also, as customization and scratch building are so prevalent, what about discussing miniatures with Chaos Dwarf utility, such as the Mantic Dwarfs and the conversions which have been done, Avatars of War miniatures, etc… I think that would be a great way to focus the podcast’s content. Maybe a recap of interesting or popular thread would be a good ‘news’ topic, as well.

Good effort, by all! I enojyed listening to it.

clam:

Don’t get me wrong - it’s not the overall length i have a problem with. I like podcasts with a length of about an hour/hour and a half - but it’s the segment of “GW news” that was way to long - IMO - and think I think I said l ditch the LoTR and 40K - didn’t I? Not leave out the Warhammer stuff - but I see know reason for the in debt review and price discussion for every single release. To me, that quite irrelevant.

And I agree with zobo1942 about discussing other products as well - as we have seen much more (CD) relevant releases from companies like Mantic. But that is of course only my opinion - how to make a great podcast even better :slight_smile:

warh:

Another great episode, a bit anoying though to have Xander in one ear and HB in the other when listening at my iPod. :(

tjub
Haha! Same here:D

great episode!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, then it was my misinterpretation, sorry :smiley: In that case, we’ll still give a quick mention to the GW releases, but only discuss those that we see as relevant to Chaos Dwarfs. As tot he Mantic models, I was fairly sure that we’d discussed those when they were first released, hence the lack of mention since, lol :smiley:

The main thing that is cropping up here, seems to be the one person per ear situation that we had going on: I can assure you that it’s a rare thing to happen and will only do so when I can’t get somebody to record their side of the podcast on their end - this time around, Xander was on his phone and thusly couldn’t record it, which is why I used the new recording software. Unfortunately, it’s poorer quality and puts a person in each ear, lol, but it was that or not hear anything that Xander said :stuck_out_tongue:

Willmark:

It's been a busy week for me.  Will try to get to it soon!

Xander
I hear ya, I haven't even had a chance to download this yet.

JavlinVII:

When will this be available via iTunes?