[Archive] Ereshkigal-Namtar: The Twinned Daemoncannon

Revlid:

With thanks to Loki. :hat off
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10666

[/b]

M WS BS S T W I A LdEreshkigal-Namtar       6  4  3 5 6 5 1 5  4Chaos Dwarf Crew        3  4  3 3 4 1 2 1  9Zumarah                 3  4  5 4 4 2 2 2  9

[/b] Ereshkigal-Namtar, Zumarah, and 3 Chaos Dwarf Crew
[/b] 5 +1 for each Chaos Dwarf
[/b] Ereshkigal-Namtar has a 4+ Armour Save, a 5+ Ward Save, and Magical Attacks. The Chaos Dwarf Crew wear Heavy Armour. Zumarah wears Heavy Armour, and wields the Daemon-Slaver�?Ts Brand and a magical pistol.
[/b]Unbreakable, Cause Terror, Large Target, Rampage, Monsters & Handlers, Twinned Daemonfire, Arcane Engineer

[/b] �?" At the beginning of the turn, if Ereshkigal-Namtar is not in combat, take a Leadership test for the unit. If it passes the test, the unit may behave as normal. If it fails the test, the unit will not fire and instead must make a compulsory move 3D6�?� toward the closest enemy unit. If the unit�?Ts movement is sufficient to bring it into contact with an enemy unit, it counts as charging. The enemy may make a charge response as normal, counting the Movement value rolled as the unit�?Ts maximum charge distance.

[/b] �?" Ereshkigal-Namtar is treated as a war machine with the exception that it follows the rules for Monsters & Handlers in Close Combat. When moving normally, the unit uses the Chaos Dwarfs movement rate (as the lowest). When rampaging, the whole unit moves 3D6" (see above).

[/b] �?" Ereshkigal-Namtar fires as a Stonethrower, with the following exceptions. Ereshkigal-Namtar uses the Daemonic Engines Misfire Table. Whenever Ereshkigal-Namtar is fired, before guessing ranges or selecting targets, choose one of the two �?~modes�?T of fire below �?" this is the one that will be used this turn.
[/b]Ereshkigal �?" The shot uses the Small Template, with a Strength of 5 (10 for the model under the hole). Any units hit by the template must take a Panic test at -1Ld. All wounds caused count as Magical and Flaming, and ignore Ward Saves as well as Armour Saves.
[/b]Namtar �?" The shot uses the Large Template, with a Strength of 3 (6 for the model under the hole). Any units hit by the template must take a Panic test at -1Ld. All wounds caused count as Magical and Flaming, and ignore Ward Saves as well as Armour Saves.

[/b][/b]
1-2: Raaargh!: The Engine breaks its bonds, kills its crew, and automatically rampages.3: Grumble: The Engine fights against itself, shaking itself apart. It takes D6 wounds with no Armour or Ward Saves allowed.4: Chomp: A massive backdraft from the Engine sucks one of the crew into it. Remove him. If there are no crew, remove a wound with no Armour or Ward saves allowed.5: Clang!: The Engine’s arcane workings snarl and grind; it loses its Ward Save for the rest of the battle.6: Thzzzz: The Engine’s Chaotic energies go haywire, inflicting a wound on every magic user within 24" with no Armour Saves allowed.

[/b]As long as Zumarah is part of the unit, Ereshkigal-Namtar may re-roll the Artillery Dice or Scatter Dice when firing. In addition, if Ereshkigal-Namtar suffers a Misfire! while Zumarah is part of the unit, you may re-roll the result on the Daemonic Engines Misfire Table. Zumarah counts as a crew member and a unit Champion.

Thommy H:

This is two-thirds as good as my entry for the Artisan’s Contest.

GRNDL:

You did a Triple Daemoncannon? Or just have a high opinion?

Thommy H:

Can’t it be both?

Seriously though, these rules look pretty good - so good I used a lot of them for my Artisan’s Entry! Honestly, it actually looks like you hacked my computer…

Grimstonefire:

Just to clarify, this is only a ‘monster’ for combat. So it cannot charge (except when rampaging), it can only be charged?

It is ‘normally’ treated as a war machine, so the crew are only skirmishers in combat?

If you fire with the brand, you test seperately for each one on the misfire table? Is that after both shots, or after each one?

Can Zumarah crew the machine? Is he a unit champion?

Revlid:

Just to clarify, this is only a 'monster' for combat.  So it cannot charge (except when rampaging), it can only be charged?

Grimstonefire
Yes.
It is 'normally' treated as a war machine, so the crew are only skirmishers in combat?

Grimstonefire
Yes.
If you fire with the brand, you test seperately for each one on the misfire table?  Is that after both shots, or after each one?

Grimstonefire
Clarified - if two Misfires are rolled, roll 2D6 on the table and use the lowest result.
Can Zumarah crew the machine?  Is he a unit champion?

Grimstonefire
Clarified to a Yes and a Yes.

Do you think the two modes of firing would work better by the fluff if they were random (on a 1-3, on a 4-6)?

Grimstonefire:

That would certainly be chaotic, but I think it would be annoying after a while. I like knowing roughly how many enemies will get squashed!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

What does this look like? Is it a cannon and the Zumarah guy is the captain of the crew? A little description text of the thing, as in the army books, would be helpful to push my imagination into the right direction. :slight_smile:

Revlid:

What does this look like? Is it a cannon and the Zumarah guy is the captain of the crew? A little description text of the thing, as in the army books, would be helpful to push my imagination into the right direction. :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
May I direct you to the link at the top of the page, my good man?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

May I direct you to the link at the top of the page, my good man?

Revlid
Hehe okay, didn't get that - and I get scared easily by long text. :cheers