[Archive] Error on posting

Kamphre:

Hi there !

There’s an error when we post an answer to a thread when someone has activated the tracking.

The “Post reply” has nearly this process :

- the answer is inserted into the database,

- then a new line is inserted into a database table, corresponding to an email that should be sent,

- then an insertion is done (somewhere) to track new posts, updating the topic last answer, date and person.

Actually, it crash on the second step, so the third is not done.

Example : Artisan’s contest topic is not up-to-date, I posted a reply but it still shows

01-06-2019 19:41
Last Post: Uther the unhinged
This problem leads to another one, the “View Today’s posts” function. It only shows new topic, without tracking, and not all posts like before.

That’s why the forum seems to be very calm.

tjub:

Jupp, the staff is aware of the error. Don’t know if Nico or Xander are able to solve it. Hopefully it will get corrected soon… :frowning:

Nicodemus:

We’re working on it…

Uther the unhinged:

Thanks. You guys are amazing.

Nicodemus:

Haha, I seem to be around CDO when problems crop up :wink: last time it was the whole Photobucket issue, now hosting outages, a server migration, and SQL problems. Maybe I should just stay away… I’m cursed!

Uther the unhinged:

No Nicodemus! We need you, we need massive daemon forges and awesome projects. We need people with your skills and imagination. We also need people who know what the hell SQL means.

tjub:

No Nicodemus! We need you, we need massive daemon forges and awesome projects. We need people with your skills and imagination. We also need people who know what the hell SQL means.

Uther the unhinged
Haha, yes. Very much appreciated! :hat off

Admiral:

Uther the unhinged
Agreed to the letter! You're a pillar of the community, Nicodemus. :hat off