[Archive] Eruption guns

Mr Saturday:

Can they move and fire?

Da Crusha:

yes, they can. no where in there description or in the deamonic engine description does it say that they cannot move and fire.

Glimpse the Void:

This option doesn’t appear worthwhile on paper. What has experience shown you guys? I have to admit, that it’s an excellent modeling opportunity and seems very characterful.

nitroglysarine:

Yeah, never played one, but I have converted two of them, anyone had success with them?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Do you guys usually move the heavy guns in a game?

I usually leave mine where I place them until the end of the game.

dncswlf:

The eruption guns are actually great! they count as deamons and have done almost as much damage in hand to hand as in ranged combat, I always take one with each legal unit. They are well worth the 45 points or whatever they are! And with their limited range I do usually close with them… but I too thought they were move or fire… hhhmmm, if they aren’t then they are even more worth it!!

Mr Saturday:

I’ll certainly be taking one or more. They have annoyance value, and are great redirectors.

Glimpse the Void:

I am pretty sure you can move when you shoot them, but that has them hitting on 5’s in most situations right? I suppose 45 points is not so bad if you can get in there heads, or redirect a unit. I think it is interesting that they don’t have to stick with the unit bought them for, this suggest a lot of flexibility.