[Archive] ETC 2400 pts

Gorgoroth:

Hey gang got a tournament with my friends in march with the ETC rules and this is the army that I´v come up with…

Lord Sorcerer Prophet                                590 pts
Level 4 lore of Hashut, Bale Taurus
Mask of the furnace

Hero Daemonsmith                                      95 pts
Level 1 lore of Death
Signature spell

Hero Daemonsmith                                      95 pts
Level 1 lore of Death
Signature spell

Hero Daemonsmith                                       95 pts
Level 1 lore of Fire
Signature spell

Core 30 Infernal guards                              392 pts
Full Command

Core 10 Infernal guards                              170 pts
Fire glaves

Core 10 Infernal guards                              170 pts
Fire glaves

Special 1 Magma Cannon                            145 pts

Rare 1 K´daai Destroyer                            325 pts

Total                                                    2367 pts

Kinda happy with it but thoughts and tips are welcome :slight_smile:

TheFNG:

I believe that last year’s ETC rules limited an army to 4 warmachines and the Bale Taurus’s breath weapon and K’daai Destroyer counted against that tally.  If that’s the case, then you’re likely going to have to take a Magma Cannon off the table.  With your new found points, consider upgrading a magma cannon to dreadquake w/ogre or hellcannon.  Either of those will fit within the cost of 2 magma cannons (the one you’re upgrading + the one you’re dropping due to comp) and leave you room for a Khan on Wolf with Dragonbane Gem, light armor, and shield.

You also have 37 points remaining, so why not swap the mask of the furnace for the Talisman of Protection plus Dragonhelm and Other Trickster’s Shard?  That should still leave you under your Lord % while leaving you room for a Dispell Scroll on one of the Daemonsmiths.    

As for your core, I’d drop a unit of Fireglaives and get two units of 20 Hobgobs with bows.  Provides you with more bodies and some fodder.  That’s 180 points total, but I think you’ll have the 10 points available without dropping anything else.  

Finally, with no BSB you should take the gleaming pennant on your big block of IG.  You’re going to want that emergency re-roll.  

Anyways, just my 2 cents.  Good luck!

zhatan87:

Mask of furnace = talisman of preservation+dragon helm → cheaper… And you already cause terror and you are immune to psychology with the prophet…

Many people play charmed shield+preservation though…

Too many daemonsmith to me, as you have “only” 3 warmachines. Just two of them are enough to keep them babysitting.

Need a dispel scroll at least. And FNG is right, you can play without BSB but just give the gleaming pennant in your core unit, just in case…:slight_smile:

Bloodbeard:

Those 30 infernal guard are gonna need a BSB, gleaming pennant or a daemon smith with crown of command. I would be afraid they ran otherwise. And if your opponents know how to counter your destroyer that regiment will be needed.

But besides that - fielding three magma cannons sure will be a wonder to look upon. Sooo much lava!

Time of Madness:

As TheFNG pointed out the list is illegal as you have too many warmachines. The Destroyer counts as 2 which puts you over the mark by 1 machine.

The other issue you have is you CAN’T take duplicate signature spells. So you will have to drop a daemonsmith as well.

So at the minimum you need to drop a cannon and smith.

With the points saved look at taking a fireborn unit or some centaurs to assist the destroyer/taurus on the flanks.

Time of Madness

Gorgoroth:

Signature spells are the only ones u can have duplicates off and the Hell Cannon not the Destroyer count as 2…

Gorgoroth:

And in the 2014 ETC you can only have 2 death wizards…

Time of Madness:

Sorry I’m still using the 2013 ETC rules. Can you post a link with the 2014 ones? I have yet to see them.

Time of Madness

TheFNG:

Did they remove the breath weapon from the list?

Gorgoroth:

These are the rules we are going to use…

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=119292

Time of Madness:

The first chaos dwarf rule says Destroyer/Warmachines/Hell cannon (max 1). Does that mean you can only have 1 of each?

Time of Madness

zhatan87:

The first chaos dwarf rule says Destroyer/Warmachines/Hell cannon (max 1). Does that mean you can only have 1 of each?
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Max 4 of them but max 1 hellcannon.
Example : 3 warmachines+destroyer : ok.
2 warmachines+destroyer+hellcannon : ok
prophet death+destroyer+hellcannon+2warmachines : not ok.

Far better comp (for us) this year than the last one.

Gorgoroth:

The issue I´have with my list is if the taurus breath weapon counts as a warmachine ?

TheFNG:

I don’t see it listed in the rules you linked so I think you’re ok.

zhatan87:

Last time I read the new comps, there are no more restriction for warmachine and breath weapon…:slight_smile:

Gorgoroth:

After some tinkering and considering you guys tips this is what I ended up with…

2400 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Sorcerer-Prophet (2#, 575 pts)

1 Sorcerer-Prophet, 575 pts (Contempt; Deamonsmith; General; Infernal Engineer; Relentless; Resolute; Sorcerer’s Curse; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Immune to Psychology)

1 Bale Taurus (Blazing Body; Causes Terror; Flaming Attacks; Flyer; Large Target; Swiftstride; Swiftstride; Thunder Stomp)

1 Darkforge Weapon

1 Enchanted Shield

1 Talisman of Preservation

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (1#, 95 pts)

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer, 95 pts (Contempt; Deamonsmith; Infernal Engineer; Relentless; Resolute; Sorcerer’s Curse; Ensorcelled Hand Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Immune to Psychology)

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (1#, 95 pts)

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer, 95 pts (Contempt; Deamonsmith; Infernal Engineer; Relentless; Resolute; Sorcerer’s Curse; Ensorcelled Hand Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Immune to Psychology)

Dark Castellean (1#, 165 pts)

1 Dark Castellean (Battle Standard Bearer), 165 pts (Contempt; Relentless; Resolute; Hand Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Battle Standard Bearer; Stubborn)

1 Charmed Shield

1 Talisman of Endurance

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (29#, 370 pts)

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 370 pts (Contempt; Relentless; Resolute; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Shield)

1 Deathmask (Contempt; Relentless; Resolute; Hand Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Shield)

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (10#, 170 pts)

10 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 170 pts (Contempt; Relentless; Resolute; Hand Weapon; Fireglaive; Blackshard Armour; Shield)

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (10#, 170 pts)

10 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 170 pts (Contempt; Relentless; Resolute; Hand Weapon; Fireglaive; Blackshard Armour; Shield)

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (4#, 145 pts)

1 Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon, 145 pts (Flaming Attacks; Multiple Wounds)

3 Chaos Dwarf Crew (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

K’daai Destroyer (1#, 325 pts)

1 K’daai Destroyer, 325 pts (Blazing Body; Bound Fire Daemons; Burning Bright; Causes Terror; Flaming Attacks; Immune to Psychology; Large Target; Unbreakable; Unstable)

Validation Report:

Army Subtype: Chaos Dwarf Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Forbid Regiments of Renown, Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Chaos Dwarfs in WoC; File Version: 2.70

Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:

Points of Lords: 575 (0 - 600)

Points of Heroes: 355 (0 - 600)

Points of Core: 710 (600 - Unlimited)

Points of Special: 435 (0 - 1200)

Points of Rare: 325 (0 - 600)

Total Roster Cost: 2400

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

The event is in march and there will be lots of elves to be slayed…

I think that there was 2 HE, 2 DE and 2 WE armys… Thats why I want 3 magmas :wink: