[Archive] ETC chaosdwarf

jupu_:

Hi. We are playing really competitive ETC here. I am testing chaos dwarfs and this is what is my opinion of list. I really need help.

sorcerer - prophet

lvl 4

lore of hashut

great bale taurus

charmed shield

sword of antiheroes

talisman of endurance

= 590

Heroes:

castellan

bsb

great weapon     

ironcurse icon 

= 140

hobgoblin khan

giant wolf

spear

light armor

dragonbane gem

charmed shield        

(fast, cheap guy with fireward is old orcs and goblins trick, i guess it is fine here too)

= 68

hobgoblin khan

giant wolf

shield

spear

dragonhelm

= 68

hobgoblin khan

giant wolf

enchanted shield

spear

= 61

daemonsmith sorcerer

lore of fire

ruby ring of ruin

dispel scroll

=135

core:

28 chaos dwarf warrior

great weapon

flag

musician

= 440

39 hobgoblin

musician

=160

Special:

Magma cannon 145

magma cannon 145        

(is second magma cannon better than hellcannon?)

deathshrieker rocket launcher 100

Rare:

kdai destroyer 325

I am new chaos dwarf player. I tried against vampires and he wipe-outed me on turn 4 :P. But vampires and ogre kingdoms are usually worst matches to defending army anyway. (I play usually skaven) Any advices?

jupu_:

Hi. We are playing really competitive ETC here. I am testing chaos dwarfs and this is what is my opinion of list. I really need help.

sorcerer - prophet

lvl 4

lore of hashut

great bale taurus

charmed shield

sword of antiheroes

talisman of endurance

= 590

Heroes:

castellan

bsb

great weapon     

ironcurse icon 

= 140

hobgoblin khan

giant wolf

spear

light armor

dragonbane gem

charmed shield        

(fast, cheap guy with fireward is old orcs and goblins trick, i guess it is fine here too)

= 68

hobgoblin khan

giant wolf

shield

spear

dragonhelm

= 68

hobgoblin khan

giant wolf

enchanted shield

spear

= 61

daemonsmith sorcerer

lore of fire

ruby ring of ruin

dispel scroll

=135

core:

28 chaos dwarf warrior

great weapon

flag

musician

= 440

39 hobgoblin

musician

=160

Special:

Magma cannon 145

magma cannon 145        

(is second magma cannon better than hellcannon?)

deathshrieker rocket launcher 100

Rare:

kdai destroyer 325

I am new chaos dwarf player. I tried against vampires and he wipe-outed me on turn 4 :P. But vampires and ogre kingdoms are usually worst matches to defending army anyway. (I play usually skaven) Any advices?

Jaakko:

Hey jupu_, saw your thread on Sotavasara as well!

I’m not much of an ETC player and I can’t recall all the restrictions. But from what I can see in your list I’m assuming the Daemonsmith is going to sit with the warmachines? In that case wouldn’t it be better to drop him to a level 1 and maybe change to the Lore of Fire, since Death tends to have a short range on most of the spells.

jupu_:

Yeah it is on sotavasara too, but not too much chaos dwarfs players there and everyone is just posting to that stupid “fluff or powerplay” topic. Death is best lore in armybook, sure it has short ranges which is problem in warmachine engineer. I don´t know i prefer death but maybe it is just because all of my team and other etc players (amazing slug and so on) play usually death. But that i guess they have really good reason to play it :wink:

hashuts lil helper:

Yeah it is on sotavasara too, but not too much chaos dwarfs players there and everyone is just posting to that stupid "fluff or powerplay" topic. Death is best lore in armybook, sure it has short ranges which is problem in warmachine engineer. I don´t know i prefer death but maybe it is just because all of my team and other etc players (amazing slug and so on) play usually death. But that i guess they have really good reason to play it ;)

jupu_
I have also been running metal with my level 2. It has character killing, and does fire damage often. although I also run a level 1 fire so that I have 2 engineers. I find that the limited range of death can be a real drawback.

Time of Madness:

What are the restrictions for Chaos Dwarf lists or lists in general?

If you are looking to cut points I’d drop some of the centaurs. With 50mm bases that is going to be one huge unit to move around. I prefer them in units of 4 (2X2) with the banner of swiftness :slight_smile:

Time of Madness

Jaakko:

What are the restrictions for Chaos Dwarf lists or lists in general?

Time of Madness
From the most recent ETC-draft:
Chaos Dwarfs
Hellcannon, Iron daemon are each 0-1.
Iron daemon, kdai destroyer count as war machines.
Chalice of darkness counts as 2 pd.
Max 3 out of Str. 5 shooting templates, Kdai destroyer.
Chalice or Sorcerer Prophet.
Lore of Hashut can be cast with max 4 PD.

ETC Draft
Here is the full draft.

jupu_:

Well, tomorrow i am going to test against ogres and knight empire. (this is actually pretty good in etc metagame) I still like death becose purple sun is just so unfair spell to cast against ogres. and ld 10 death signature is really good also. range is really problem. Should I maybe cut points from bullcentaurs and put lvl 1 firemage into list? then that bullcentaur unit does not win any real combat :/. I need more testing. If i am lucky enough, i can break meta with chaos dwarfs and maybe i can overtalk some finnish players to play chaos dwarfs at ETC after summer. :smiley: ( I am underage so i think my parents does not like idea of me going to play warhammer into poland with guys :D)

tvandyke:

Yeah it is on sotavasara too, but not too much chaos dwarfs players there and everyone is just posting to that stupid "fluff or powerplay" topic. Death is best lore in armybook, sure it has short ranges which is problem in warmachine engineer. I don´t know i prefer death but maybe it is just because all of my team and other etc players (amazing slug and so on) play usually death. But that i guess they have really good reason to play it ;)

jupu_
I've always loved Death, but I used it a few times on my level1 deamonsmith and found that there were quite a few rounds of magic where he literally had nothing within in range. The default spell has a max range of 24". The default spell for Fire on the other hand has max range of 48" causing 3D6 S4 hits. I switched to Fire and have never looked back. It's, IMO, the best lore to stick on a Daemonsmith that's going to be sitting back baby sitting war machines. In the last tournament I attended, I found myself in quite a few magic phases where I had nothing to target with my Prophet and had 5 or 6 dice sitting in my hand, so I just threw the biggest fireball I could at stuff and it worked wonderfully. Once you also add in the fact that it has great synergy with the Lore of Hahut spell Ash Storm, it seems like a perfect Lore for the Daemonsmith. In my last game in the tournament I was playing against VC and cast Ash Storm on his Mortis Engine. I followed that up with a 2D6 Fireball (only need a 10+ to get off and I only had 3 dice left), I caused 3 or 4 wounds which were doubled (the mortis was flammable due to Ash Storm) and killed it outright. My Daemonsmith was about 30" away from his battle line and about 35" away from his Mortis Engine. If I didn't have Fire Lore, he'd had been pretty much useless.

jupu_:

Allright i played those matches today, and i lost both. bullcentaurs was just horrible and i want try that balesaurus out :stuck_out_tongue: