[Archive] Event idea?

Swissdictator:

Seeing as Blackhand was saying, we all have really different sculpts… perhaps some sort of conversion pool?

Some sort of event where we get a pool of people together (let’s say 26) and you sculpt and make a warrior for everyone else… we send it to a center point (one of the admins) who then ships one of each to all members. Think of how nifty that would look?

No painting, just conversions. It’d be a fun way to tie the community together too!

Ubertechie:

As long as its nice and simple for thoose of us that are not gods of Green Stuff then count me in.

Kera foehunter:

that sound cool

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok, I said something that inspired you Swiss? :smiley:

I like the idea, but how does it work?

Do we each decide on 1 Dwarf to convert, (say it’s the Champion from BFSP) and then convert it and send it to the admin?

Seems like a good idea, but I don’t want to buy yet another entire BFSP set. I wonder if there’s just a simple GW figure we could get that’s already a hero?

Perhaps someone from a box of Dwarf Warriors or Quarrelers? But I think they should be built as the Champion for that box. That way you’d get someone special to command your unit.

Swissdictator:

I would think it’d be est to keep it simple. Just a hw/sh warrior.

warh:

send the model or a image?

Kera foehunter:

why not get a list started swiss

Swissdictator:

Kera foehunter
I honestly think this should be approved by the staff first, as I don't want to step on any toes. I just think it's a cool idea!

Ubertechie:

Kera foehunter
I honestly think this should be approved by the staff first, as I don't want to step on any toes. I just think it's a cool idea!

Swissdictator
Swiss in half an hour you will have hit the 100 post mark and will be eligible for staff status anyway - i would just call this being proactive ...

Swissdictator:

Kera foehunter

Swissdictator
Swiss in half an hour you will have hit the 100 post mark and will be eligible for staff status anyway - i would just call this being proactive ...

Ubertechie
Well it's up to the good people running the site to determine who is staff. :P

Regardless, I wish to be civil and considerate to their position.

Kera foehunter:

that easy!! the staff is aether orange or red that how you can tell !! ha ha

Baggronor:

Sounds like a cool idea :slight_smile:

I’d help (as long as I don’t have to organise it lol)

Grimstonefire:

Over at the slayer brotherhood we’ve run this a couple of times.

We did two rings, N america and europe.

Instead of sending it all to one person (who then pays all the postage), you randomly assign someone to each person so they form a ring then get them to post them directly to each other.

Kera foehunter:

so lets start a list !!

im in

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Grimstonefire - How do you determine who gets paired up with whom? Is it a number pick or number match, or simply done by location? I hope the latter as I don’t think I can afford postage to England or Poland.

Swissdictator:

Blackhand I was thinking more then giving an entire unit to one person…

We all get a unit of a mix of the contributions. In other words if 25 people participate. You make 25 figures. 1 goes to each person (including yourself)… so you will get a unit where each figure is from a different person.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Interesting Swiss, but 25 is 2 boxes of Warriors and that can be expensive and time consuming to paint/convert all in one shot.

As a suggestion, why not make a list, pair us up, and then we can build one figure to pass to our partner. Then we mark down the pairing and try again in a month or so with a different pair.

It would take longer, but would still meet your same goal.

Swissdictator:

Possibly Blackhand… or perhaps in batches of 10 or 16? That way it keeps the price down, but still allows it to go a bit faster.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, there’s usually 16 guys in a box of Warriors, so that would make sense to build the 16.

If we split it into continents like Europe and N. America, I could see that 16 per Continent would work out for the better. Now, can we get 16 Canadians and Americans to agree to this? What about 16 Europeans?

Ubertechie:

I have a box of dwarf warriors sitting here that i have only used 6 of if that helps - i am quite willing to post them to people in the uk and europe