[Archive] Extra PHPBB Forum Coding - a guide

Bloodbeard:

When writing posts and starting threads - someone once did a nice piece of cofing on CDO. We have out nice smileys and some different kinds quick icons for formating our text.

After writing a gazillion post, I often don’t even use these icons anymore, as it’s faster to just write the codes myself. Spending time on other PHPBB forums (in a time before facebook) I’ve picked up a couple of tricks - that’s not accessible through out quick icons. This is a list with tips on how to get these in your posts. Some of them are rather nice when doing large blog posts of battle reports.

I would have put it in a subforum about our forum, but I’m not allowed to make threads in there.

I’ll also update the list with other smart tricks, as I pick them up or you suggest them. The codes on the list is there in order of usefulness/importance (subjectively chosen by me).

A note: For any of the following descriptions consider ( and ) as [ ].
Another note: While writing the post, I found out some of my codes don’t work on CDO.

Quick CDO-wiki links
Our wiki is an ever expanding vault of Chaos Dwarf knowledge. An a lot of questions about the faction, lore, fluff, rules, models and history of the range can be found here. Our forum works with the wiki for quick links - easier than using all those long url-addresses. And makes it real easy to answer a lot of questions asked on this page.

And remember the wiki has a lot more to offer than the [[contents]] list.

Code: ((Wiki Article Name))
Result: [[Contents]] or [[Darklands]]

Bloodbeard:

Just added the extra code for putting lines through your text.Smart!

Saw it used in a sales thread on Powerfist.dk

TheHoodedMan:

That is a really useful post. Thank you. Get sure that this will be pinned for future reference ;-).

MadHatter:

Gonna have to add more formatting to the dictionary! Thanks :hat off

Admiral:

Thread moved and stuck. This is useful info for the site.

Bloodbeard:

Updated with forum quick links to the wikipedia. Replave ( ) with . Ex. ((contents)) = [[Contents]]

Admiral:

Ever the workhorse, Bloodbeard. Have some slaves.