[Archive] Fanboy Syndrome at its Finest

Willmark:

Usually I’m for anything goes in the western society that we live in, but does anyone else see this as anything other then a cry for help???

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/05/zune-guy-changing-name-to-microsoft-zune/

Also DO NOT let this turn into a flame fest of iPod vs. Zune vs. any other MP3 player, that is entirely not the point, and quite frankly tiring at this stage of the game. There are any number of sites out on the web that engage it this don’t bring it here… IF IT DOES, MODS LOCK UP THIS THREAD SO FAST IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE’S HEAD(S) SPIN! Can’t stress that enough. STAY ON TOPIC

With that being said I’m wondering if even he knows he needs help

Pyro Stick:

Wow that is sad. I love my zune (it got nicked and only recently got it back) but i would never change my name. He will probably call his kids Nintendo Wii or something stupid like that.

Willmark:

Can’t imagine why someone would want go do this other then attention. Getting a tatoo of a corporation, maybe ok; changing you name to a consumer level electronic device… Ummm okay.

Kera foehunter:

must be a guy thing!

wallacer:

My father used to know a guy who had his name changed to “Spontaneous Search Party”.

Willmark:

must be a guy thing!

Kera foehunter
No it must be a flaming imbecile thing, lack of common sense transcends gender methinks.

Arlon:

ive heard of worse

Pyro Stick:

My father used to know a guy who had his name changed to "Spontaneous Search Party".

wallacer
Now that guy must of been crazy.

@Arlon: Like what? It would be entertaining to hear more of these

angryboy2k:

I’m a little late posting on this, but I think the funniest part is that I’d never heard of a Microsoft Zune till I saw this, so it can’t be that great… :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve

torn:

whats a microsoft zune?

my music device is still called a sony walkman thank god, even when all it did was chew up cassette tapes of right said fred.

cant be as bad as this bloke

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70858825@N00/87870755/

Pyro Stick:

Zunes are awesome. I have zune in my sig. Its made my microsoft so its in with the halo 3 userbar. I think they are only available in america so if anyone in the uk wants one then import it, get it on ebay or go to america and get it in walmart like i did.

I have the black one and my brother has the brown one.

BLOOD AXE:

I know a guy who named his son “Tyrion” after the High Elf King. What an idiot. I told him- This isnt a dog or hamster you’re naming, its your child. No sense. People like that should be sterilized so they cant reproduce. The gene-pool needs some chlorine.

Kera foehunter:

wow i bet that poor kid get beat up by some chaos dwarf kid…

Khan!:

wow i bet that poor kid get beat up by some chaos dwarf kid..

Kera foehunter
Ha ha that's pretty hilarious. In all seriousness though I agree with Blood Axe, "Tyrion" is definitely not an ok name for one's child. What an ego-trip!

wallacer:

If the kid is smart (and going by his father i’m not willing to bet money on it) then he will just call himself “Terry”.