[Archive] Fantasy warbands

maxxev:

So I was asked this:

so Maxxev what the next band will you make ?

Kera foehunter
I have already posted up my gnomes and terrortoise. I wasn’t planning on posting any more up but as kera asked… here is what I’m presently working on:

Almost finished Southlander humans:

Almost finished grey dwarves:

Work in progress fishmen:

A ton of undead models for a co-operative vampire hunters campaign (search google for “Wargame weaver” if you want to read the rules / the writers in progress campaign (it’s excellent)).

Undead (or possesed) cult:

Work in progress Birdmen:

Very work in progress regal elves:

Work in progress wild elves (and spirits):

A ton of other random stuff:

Here is the llatest addition:

Lord Aldades:

Those are some awesome looking conversions, the vamp lady is a real… errm… vamp and the dryad is gorgeous

maxxev:

Thank you :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

great looking groups you’ve got going

maxxev:

Ok another update, this time to the Kroot / Birdmen warband, trying to get a bit more dynamism (is that a word)… into the warband, one more angle on the blog:

Kera foehunter:

I don’t know which i like better

Fishrmen or birdmen

it might be fishmen because they have a troll

Abecedar:

The new birdmen do look dynamic as you say. I really think they look great in a primitive / barbaric sort of way.

maxxev:

More northlanders to add to the 4 already completed, these guys still need more paint work though (I painted them at night, and my lighting arrangement is not at all great).

There’s a rear angle on the blog too ;).

maxxev:

An update today on the second to last NPC I need to make for Nachtdorf (for the vampire hunters campaign).

More angles on the blog

Thanks for looking.

Kera foehunter:

Will there be a Buffy to go with the Vampire killers?

maxxev:

Lol, only if a player decides to make one, it’s a co-operative campaign, someone could easily make one for a Merc or sisters warband taking part in the campaign, but there isn’t an NPC for her no :).

My latest paint job, pretty happy with this one, it’s a re-painted Privateer Press Monsterpocalypse Crustaceor :). More angles on the blog.

this next one is an oldie, but I think I will recycle this conversion and some new wolf beast conversions into the project (re-painted). Another angle on the blog.

Kera foehunter:

Love the lobster guy, is he still being made ??

Da Crusha:

these are some great conversions and paint jobs!

maxxev:

Cheers guys :slight_smile:

Love the lobster guy, is he still  being made ??

Kera foehunter
No there is some kind of film deal in development hell and there is a contract in place that means Privateer Press are unable to do anything with thier own IP at the moment… lol…

Also it’s a collectable miniatures game so when you buy the boxes you have no idea what you are getting :(. I had to buy a LOT of sets to get some of these :frowning: (thankfully in the Wayland games sale).

If you go looking for one; happy hunting, I can’t even see any on eBay anymore :(. You might try bartertown.

Kera foehunter:

maxxev:

A Small amount on progression on the terrortoise, and another lobster beast:

Kera foehunter:

No wounder there no more Lobster guys. You bought them all!!

* shakes fist at Maxxev*

maxxev:

No wounder there no more Lobster guys. You bought them all!!
* shakes fist at Maxxev*

Kera foehunter
lol, I had to spend £60 to get mine, and am selling on the masses of Monsters I don't want, expensive way to do it, but I should be able to sell them all eventually.... i've made £27 back so far....

ryanamandaanna:

The character that you put into these models is just great! I love all these! :cheers

Mr.Hardrada:

Your northmen conversions look pretty good. Keep up the good work.