[Archive] Fate of Chaos Dwarfs in the UK - [UPDATE FROM JERVIS JOHNSON]

torn:

i think giving who it concerns a link to this discussion might be useful in getting some notice, as this shows everones opinions clearly.

grom:

hmmm… maybe we could try to create e-petition 'bout our case? hmmm…?

Petition Online - Petition Online has been retired

Xander:

Nicely done Hammerhand. I await your next reply. :stuck_out_tongue:

thyrk the butcher:

hammerhand that is realy good if that does not work i will shoot my self:) (kidding about the shooting thing) oh and my gamesworkshp in dublin ireland will not let a group of other chaos dwarf players to play battles i me after spending so much money sarting my army:mad

Sigose:

Well I guess lucky for me here in the US they allow here where I live to use any army we choose I’m doing a preheresy army in 40k and I’m getting ready to do chaos dwarfs in fantasy but if the book is being taken out that is going to piss me off. -.-; But still if I can atlest get my hands on a copy of the codex I will beable to use the army reguardless. O.o

Hammerhand:

Well, no reply as yet, he is either really looking in to it or it has just been ignored as I had feared. I think we should get as many people as possible sending e-mails to this guy events@games-workshop.co.uk

Hammerhand:

Finally got a reply yesterday:

Hi David,

At this point in time the rule stands for the GT. It may seem unfair to some players (and that is understandable) but we have to maintain a level of consistency for all our players. This is the fairest and most practical way of maintaining that level and until the Chaos Dwarf list is revisited the GT position will stand.

As for issues of official rules, that is out of our remit. I will happily pass on your thoughts and comments to the games designers as everyone’s feedback is valuable.

Many thanks for your understanding and mature comment.

Brian Aderson

Warhammer World Events & Hospitality Manager

0115 9004469

07919 321434

If he does pass on our comments to the game designers, that can only be a good thing. I’m afraid we have come to a dead-end on this front. It gets me to thinking about a petition again. If we use strength of numbers for our cause, we are more likely to be successful. It’s easy for us to be dismissed if they think it’s just a few of us.

Xander:

Well done, Sir! awards some slaves!

Lord Zarkov:

It gets me to thinking about a petition again. If we use strength of numbers for our cause, we are more likely to be successful. It's easy for us to be dismissed if they think it's just a few of us.

Hammerhand
We don't want to annoy them though, remember the Sq*** players who pushed too hard and got their entire race devoured by the 'nids.

Hammerhand:

We don't want to annoy them though, remember the Sq*** players who pushed too hard and got their entire race devoured by the 'nids.

Lord Zarkov
Space Dwarfs were ridiculous. FACT. Their USP was they were short people. All their units were rubbish versions of IG or SM units. Their war engines were stupidly unbalanced and the models were rubbish. They were written off because not only were they unpopular, they were crap. IMO, obviously!

Hammerhand:

Petition created and posted as new thread.

Petition Online - Petition Online has been retired

Xander:

It gets me to thinking about a petition again. If we use strength of numbers for our cause, we are more likely to be successful. It's easy for us to be dismissed if they think it's just a few of us.

Hammerhand

Lord Zarkov
Not to mention that Chaos Dwarfs are being mentioned more and more in the fluff of current edition publications: Ogres, O&Gs, Dwarfs, 7th Book...

torn:

Lord Zarkov
Space Dwarfs were ridiculous. FACT. Their USP was they were short people. All their units were rubbish versions of IG or SM units. Their war engines were stupidly unbalanced and the models were rubbish. They were written off because not only were they unpopular, they were crap. IMO, obviously!

Hammerhand
i think the models were pretty cool have a few painted up as mordians in my small IG force. I always like their mini evil terminators.

Ok so the idea thy came from a high gravity planet that made them shorter and stronger was a bit stupid, but other than that they were alright, although i think a lot more popular to players of space marine (those airshippy things were cool).

AGPO:

Yes, but what's the point in having a 'legal' army if it can't be used in a GW tournament?
Obviously you can still play with those armies against your friends but not being able to go to the UK GT (the most prestigious tournament) is quite disheartening.

hal
Right, CDs are not valid in the UK Grand Tournament only they are still perfectly usable in any store or club tournament, and are allowed in other GW events, so long as you are not informed otherwise by the organisers themselves beforehand. The GT rightly wants to ensure that only the most balanced lists are used as this is a regular front for power gamers to demonstrate their particular take on WFB. Since many of the ravening hordes lists were considered a bit unbalanced they have decided not to admit the two remaining ones. Unfortunate but for once you can kind of see their point

Willmark:

Hammerhand
Of course you realize many people (other than us that is) look at Chaos Dwarfs and say the same things.

Hammerhand:

Space Dwarfs were ridiculous. FACT. Their USP was they were short people.��All their units were rubbish versions of IG or SM units.��Their war engines were stupidly unbalanced and the models were rubbish.��They were written off because not only were they unpopular, they were crap. IMO, obviously!

Hammerhand
Of course you realize many people (other than us that is) look at Chaos Dwarfs and say the same things.

Willmark
Absolutely, the main difference being, of course, that they are wrong!

1. We have a background which is an explanation rather than an excuse (after millenia living in high gravity atmosphere and mining they got short, oh please.)

2. We have heritage, our own entity. We answer the question of 'what happened to the Dwarfs who strayed too far east' rather than 'lets find a way to make an equivelant of dwarfs in 40k and sell more figures without much effort'

3. We fit in with the history and the geography of the old world rather than just being a small system that could easily be consumed by tyranids should GW see fit to rid themselves of them, and completely write them off because they never really had anything to do with the history of the imperium anyway.

4. We have a small range of miniatures that up unitil recently, fitted in with the other ranges without looking out of place. They still don't look too outdated IMO.

5. Squats were rubbish, we are not!!

Obviously, this is just my opinion, and that's the good thing about them:- everyone is allowed their own!!

(however, if somebody says to me they thing CDs are stupid then stand by gentlemen. Stand by.)

Willmark:

You are “preaching to the choir” on this site methinks! :slight_smile:

cornixt:

Should expand the petition to non-CD sites.

Willmark:

cornixt
While a noble gesture I have a feeling it won't help. Give it a go though anyways.

Hammerhand:

cornixt
We need to beef it up with signatures from this site first. Honestly, it takes a couple of seconds to fill in, it's for a good cause and it can do no harm. I envisioned people e-mailing links to their friends etc and hoped to slap GW with a hefty 500 signatures as a minimum. I didn't think it would be too much to ask seeing as there are over 300 members on this forum, god knows how many on HoH, plus names from the wider GW community. I have got my wife, my sister and my brother in-law to sign and they don't even know what CDs are! So why is it that people who have a direct interest in any outcome are reluctant to sign? Spread the word my friends, I can't say it enough. Get everyone you know to sign it, post a link on other forums you use. This needs to have a lot more support if it is to stand any chance of working.