[Archive] Favourite Comedians?

nitroglysarine:

Just curious who people’s favourite, say top X number comedians are on here?
-> might get me watching some new stuff!

Here are mine:-

1. Bill Bailey - Musical Odd Instrumental Genius Comedian
2. Tim Minchin - Musical Lyrical Genius Comedian
3. Russell Howard - Energetic Comic Loon
4. Jasper Carrott - Simply a Long Time Master
5. Jimmy Carr - Master of the Smut Machine Gun

Would love to hear of a few good ones i’ve not heard of.

cornixt:

Demetri Martin is very clever. Alan Davies was good. I always liked Daisy Donovan, but I’m not sure how much of that was because I fancied her.

The_Bear_in_the_Hat:

Dylan Moran…by a mile.

nitroglysarine:

Dylan Moran......by a mile.

The_Bear_in_the_Hat
He is great in Black Books and Shawn of the Dead, not a fan of his stand up at all TBH.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Shaun Locke. Dara O’Briain. Since I’ve heard Dom Joly as himself, I think he’s pretty amusing, but not a fan of Trigger Happy TV.

Baggronor:

Bill Bailey and Eddie Izzard ftw.

Frankie Boyle too, but on the panel shows, not so much his stand up. Same for Reginald Hunter.

Abecedar:

Mainly when on shows not stand up, (a lot of them tend to get a bit too foul then because they think they have too). But Black Books, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, QI and Big Bang Theory are the only ones I regularly see. Oh dear 4 out of 5 are pommie shows. Someone mentioned tim minchin, he has been a bad boy lately. Some bloke (american i think) with ventriloquist dummies called Peanut and Achmed the dead terrorist is pretty good. And Billy Connelly of course

Da Crusha:

My favorite is George Lopez, not for his standup though I like his family show. and Wanda Sykes, I love her, she is hilarious.

nitroglysarine:

Mainly when on shows not stand up, (a lot of them tend to get a bit too foul then because they think they have too).  But Black Books, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, QI and Big Bang Theory are the only ones I regularly see.

Abecedar
You've just listed my favourite shows apart from Father Ted, The IT Crowd, Mock the Week and Argumental.

nitroglysarine:

Forgot a bout this guy:- Rhod Gilbert Great welsh comedian.

Anonymouse:

Tom Lehrer, most definitely :slight_smile:

Fequiil:

the dutch Youp van 't Hek! (i don’t know any english ones;p)