[Archive] Fear the full moon!

Kamphre:

Somewhere between the mountains of Alandar and the Twilight Glades (see map) a forest host a werewolves clan. Nobody knows their origins ; Some legends talk about a meteore of a glowing stone fallen from the moon, changing people into ferocious beasts, others talk about experiences of black magic on ogres, to give them agility of felines…

But what everyone knows is that if you want to survive, you better have to avoid their territory !

As a Warhammer refugee, I switched to KoW a few years ago. I discovered the multi-basing and I thought that it would be a cool solution to recycle the wolfen I had from Confrontation.

But I wanted to focus on my abyssal dwarves, so the project remained an idea for a long time.

And now (even if I havn’t worked as much as I wanted on dwarfs…), as a new year is starting, I want to do something new.

Here’s my “count-as” Ogre army blog.

First unit of warriors :

And my progress so far :

Bolg:

Stunning miniatures.

I think they might do very well for Ogres

Abecedar:

Love them. My son has had a resurgence of model fever and loves werewoofs so Ill show him these

Kamphre:

@Abecedar : Coolminiornot bought the rights on Confrontation Wolfen, and they used them in a game called Wrath of Kings. The wolfen are now part of the Goritisi faction.

For Black Friday, the minis were really cheap, I get 16 miniatures for $14 (+ postage).

@Bolg : Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Kamphre:

This year, I try #HobbyStreak to keep some motivation.

I quote Rob Hawkins to explain it :

[quote#HobbyStreak is something you can do to maintain a regular painting schedule: Each day, simply paint or do some kind of hobby work for at least 30 minutes, and post a photo of your progress on Twitter with the hashtags #HobbyStreak and #HobbyStreakDay1 (or whatever day you’re up to). Try to maintain at least 30 minutes every day, and see how long you can keep your streak going. If you miss a day, start over with day 1, and see if you can beat your previous record.[/quote]

I’m not posting on Twitter but I’ll have stuff to show here. I spent my hobby time doing the bases for the units I already have.

I drilled all the bases at one time :

Tip : don’t use a wood drill for mdf as it’ll blunt it quickly. Use an iron drill instead.

Next I

Kamphre:

This year, I try #HobbyStreak to keep some motivation.

I quote Rob Hawkins to explain it :

#HobbyStreak is something you can do to maintain a regular painting schedule: Each day, simply paint or do some kind of hobby work for at least 30 minutes, and post a photo of your progress on Twitter with the hashtags #HobbyStreak and #HobbyStreakDay1 (or whatever day you’re up to). Try to maintain at least 30 minutes every day, and see how long you can keep your streak going. If you miss a day, start over with day 1, and see if you can beat your previous record.
I’m not posting on Twitter but I’ll have stuff to show here. I spent my hobby time doing the bases for the units I already have.

I drilled all the bases at one time :

Tip : don’t use a wood drill for mdf as it’ll blunt it quickly. Use an iron drill instead.

Next I put magnets on  the holes, paying attention to the magnet polarity. I don’t want to have bases that stick together :

I fill holes on the other side with Milliput :

I used a Green Stuff World rolling pin to add a texture on the putty. It will be stones.

And here’s my first base before a black priming :

Sorry for the bad quality of pics, I took them with my phone…

Admiral:

Promising! Wooooooh! Howls at the moon