[Archive] Female dwarf pirates

snowblizz:

ok, i think i've figured it out now..     the sash was tied to the pistol, and the other end of the sash was tied to the neck.. so you had a necklace with a pistol haning from it..

however, most people are thinking of larger military style pistols where pirates carried smaller pistols that were easily stuffed into places ..  I've looked at a few websites and found that it does seem they did preload 4 or more pistols and used sashes, leather straps and string to hang them from their necks, or from their vests.. the strings or sashes were long enough to allow them to be aimed and fired quickly.. (although i'd have to wonder what it was like maneuvering around with 5 or 6 weapons banging around your front while you moved side to side ina  fight..??)

http://www.charlestonpirates.com/images/bartholomew_roberts_image.jpg

this is the only pistol on a sash I've found so far..

two_heads_talking
Was in a hurry while typing it seems. A few commas went AWOL. Glad you got it though. Yes the idea was they tied the pistols to each end of some kind of bandolier, or sash. A fairly flimsy piece of cloth it was anyway. I was just repeating what I recall the historian saying. Came from the "excavation" of a recent discovery of a pirate ship. Or something like that.

Kera foehunter:

well a couple i can have the but of the guns sticking out of there jackets

but they have the back side free so i thought of the cutlass there

i love the guns on a rope idea !!

kerbak:

Very very good job Kera, you work with green stuff is really good, ans your fenale pirates looks grat and even sexy :hat off

Kera foehunter:

well if you can’t kill you enemy by sword and guns you kill them by your looks

thanks Kerbak

kefas:

festooned of pistols it is idea from Long Drong Slayer Pirates and bottles od rum ofcourse!

you can find many interesting things in here: pirates & see dogs

Kera foehunter:

Thanks for the links that is perfect !! this will help so much

kefas:

Thanks for the links that is perfect !!  this will help so much

Kera foehunter
no probem Kera I hope you'll find useful things on there

Kera foehunter:

well here one for the girls here !! a lovely halfling pirate

BilboBaggins:

Of course I love this guy. He may need some pots and pans to cook with :smiley:

tjub:

You have a great humor and GS skills Kera! He is cute, but reminds me a bit of Chunk from Goonies… :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

thanks guys .Now that you said that tjubs he does look like chunk !!!

the next few pirates might have a change of weapons and more of a rounded bellie

Borador:

well kera, it’s been a while hasn’t it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice work on those female pirates :slight_smile: show them painted ^^

:hat off

Border Reiver:

I second the painting idea - you’ve shown us that you can sculpt - now get painting young lady. Otherwise the grumpy old men of this forum will need to start shaking their canes at you and grumbing. Or worse, cutting off the rum.

BilboBaggins:

Well the Pirate Queen has gone back to school and will be busy with that for a while. I don’t think she’ll have any free time until sometime in November, at least that was my impression when I last talked to Kera.

Border Reiver:

I remember - distantly it is true - university, and unless the pirate queen is in industrial design or an engineering program, she should have at least one or two hours a week to paint/wargame, sculpt, socialize, maybe even sleep.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Get painting Kera! :smiley:

Stubbs:

Wouw kera those skills! * droooooooLlllzlL * :hat off