[Archive] Field Trip - Weekend Tourney with my CDs

burock:

So, the time has come for me and my fledgling army to go on a field trip this weekend.

It is a very casual tourney which will happen during or local gaming convention: İzmirCon. There will be only 8 players and 3 games… oh, and lotsa drinking… :slight_smile:

The lists are capped at 2k and 75% of the models should be painted. Due to model restrictions, my list is very sub-optimal; but here’s what I’m taking to the tourney:

* Sorcerer-Prophet Level 4 (General)           - 350pts

Enchanted Shield

Dispel Scroll

Blood of Hashut

* Infernal Castellan ( BSB )                        - 142pts

Shield

Dragonhelm

* K’daai Destroyer - 325pts

* 6x K’daai Fireborn                                  - 330pts

* 5x Bull Centaur Renders                          - 225pts

Extra Hand Weapon

* 25x Infernal Guards                               - 320pts

Standard, Muso

* 24x Infernal Guards                               - 308pts

Standard, Muso

Total of 61 models and exactly at 2k pts. Please provide advice so that i can tweak my list accordingly as long as the models permit.

Cheers.

Vogon:

That looks an interesting list.

Have you used the big units of K’Daai and Centaurs so far? How do you find them?

burock:

That looks an interesting list.

Have you used the big units of K'Daai and Centaurs so far?  How do you find them?

Vogon
usually i play bigger games with proxies, around 3k that is. I always fielded 6 strong kdaais and BCs in those list, and used a destroyer in all but one.

i think i can handle using them but i think i dont have enough chaff units and my blocks are so small.

btw, i have another issue that my friend informed me. is a daemonsmith mandatory to field k'daais, or can a sorcerer-prophet do the job?

Vogon:

A quick check of the wording of the rules makes me think you must have a Daemonsmith in the army not just something with the Daemonsmith rule.

Cheers

Vogon

Da Crusha:

A quick check of the wording of the rules makes me think you must have a Daemonsmith in the army not just something with the Daemonsmith rule.

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon
I on the other hand think the deamonsmith special rule fulfills the requirement.

in the points section of the legion of azgorgh list there is a troop called a "deamonsmith sorcerer" and no troop called a "deamonsmith". it is my belief that a character with the deamonsmith special rule fulfills the required "deamonsmith" that kdaiis require.

also in the fluff (if you want to go there) says "It was the Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers, also known as Deamonsmiths..." on page 170

MLP:

I think a Sorcerer Prophet counts as it does state they are demonsmiths in a couple of places and they are essentially more powerful demonsmith sorcerers.

Vogon:

Having had a more thorough read of the bestiary section (pg171) and the army list entry (pg188) I am happy to retract my earlier opinion and agree.

A sorcerer prophet does count as a Daemonsmith for the purposes of including a K’Daai destroyer.

Cheers

Vogon

burock:

cool to hear. it would cost me dearly to adapt my list accordingly at this point.

interesting that it was not clarified in the FAQ btw.

burock:

So, the tourney is over. here is a quick review.