http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/FIMIR-WARRIORS.html

Fresh and beautiful !

Cheers,

Alakihel.

Bassman:

Cool, I like them :slight_smile:

more enemies to kill with my Chaos Dwarfs :wink:

Galladorn:

I like the rules. Models are solid also.

MLP:

A pretty good price from forgeworld too about £9 each! Considering the cost of the new undead plastic characters on foot they’re a bargain!

Thommy H:

Heavy Armour (this combines with the Fimir�?Ts scaly skin for a 4+ Armour save).

Forgeworld inexplicably
No, it combines with their 5+ Scaly Skin save for a 3+ armour save, actually.

Points cost is totally plucked out of the air too...

Love the models though!

MLP:

Points cost is totally plucked out of the air too...

Thommy H
I agree. They seem a little similar to bull centaurs to me but with a little more damage output and some nice rules. 75pts might be high but not enough to make them inefficient. Ambush rule with them too always nice!

wallacer:

Nice miniatures. Be interesting to see what they look like next to the old figures.

ryanamandaanna:

Heavy Armour (this combines with the Fimir�?Ts scaly skin for a 4+ Armour save).

Forgeworld inexplicably
No, it combines with their 5+ Scaly Skin save for a 3+ armour save, actually.

Thommy H
I was wondering about that when I read it... :~

I really like these models! I just can't think of a good-enough reason to add them to my forces... :/

Thommy H:

I assume their rules are intended to be a Scroll of Binding, so just use the catch-all excuse that Storm of Magic gives you: “a wizard did it.”

ryanamandaanna:

Do you think they have any intentions to using binding scrolls apart from Storm of Magic? While those games are pretty fun, they’re also somewhat limited (arcane fulcrums, catalyst spells, cantrips, etc)

Thommy H:

Storm of Magic itself actually intentionally splits up the different components of a SoM game so that you can just use the bits you want. It explicitly suggests, for example, just using Wild Magic or Magical Flux with none of the other additions to influence one of the RFBRB scenarios. Similarly, there’s nothing to stop you using the 25% “Magic and Monsters” allowance in a ‘normal’ game of Warhammer, or taking one Scroll of Binding each as a Rare choice or something. I doubt there’ll ever be anything official along those lines, but since SoM is intended for casual play between regular opponents anyway, there’s no reason not to play that way if you want.

aka_mythos:

Im soooo getting some Fimir. I’m tired of slashing my slaves so I’m going to get these guys to bludgeon them.

blackwolf.scortch:

I would have preferred them to stay about 25mm bases for historic/campaign reasons, but as they are my favourite Warhammer race they will be joining my collection asap. Hopefully they sell well enough that WF will do Meargh, Dirach and Shearls too. Any ideas how to model mist? :slight_smile: The second last pic is now the background on my tablet.

aka_mythos:

I would have preferred them to stay about 25mm bases for historic/campaign reasons, but as they are my favourite Warhammer race they will be joining my collection asap. Hopefully they sell well enough that WF will do Meargh, Dirach and Shearls too. Any ideas how to model mist? :) The second last pic is now the background on my tablet.

blackwolf.scortch
While the Fimir were originally intended to be smaller, like there Heroquest models, I don't know of any of the GW produced Fimir models that didn't go on 40mm bases. Am I mistaken?

Murdock129:

Only £28 for three Fimir Warriors? The new Vargeists for the Vampire counts are £29 for three, FW is actually cheaper than regular Games Workshop

DAYUM

Thommy H:

Fimir were originally intended to be smaller, like there Heroquest models, I don't know of any of the GW produced Fimir models that didn't go on 40mm bases. Am I mistaken?
There was some miscommunication between the writers of their rules and the sculpting team - they were supposed to be man-sized (as their rules indicated) but they accidentally made the models the size of Ogres. Now though, GW seem to have stuck with the models as the official interpretation, because the Balefiend in SoM is monstrous infantry too.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Only £28 for three Fimir Warriors? The new Vargeists for the Vampire counts are £29 for three, FW is actually cheaper than regular Games Workshop

DAYUM

Murdock129
Ever since GW re-released the Blood Knights in finecast as the most ridiculously overpriced set ever, FW has actually been cheaper than GW a couple of times already. ;)

Bassman:

£ 28 for three Fimir Warriors? Gosh, now I understand why the Fimir’s almost extinguished :wink:

Obsidian Muse:

The models look great and their rules are rather tasty, but I find it weird that the champion is simply called ‘Fimir Noble’.

I might be nitpicking, but one of the great things of Warhammer for me is that each race has their own distinct culture. Why not give the champion a distinct name? If I remember correctly ‘Fianna Fimm’ means ‘elite warrior’, which would be perfect for the champion. Or failing that, make up another name.

Hopefully it’s just a working title. When I hear the phrase ‘Fimir Noble’, I can’t help but think of a green, cycloptic swashbuckler.

blackwolf.scortch:

I might be nitpicking, but one of the great things of Warhammer for me is that each race has their own distinct culture. Why not give the champion a distinct name? If I remember correctly 'Fianna Fimm' means 'elite warrior', which would be perfect for the champion. Or failing that, make up another name.

Obsidian Muse
Looks like they could be basing it off Warhammer Fantasy RPG, in which the castes were Meargh (Witch Queen), Dirach (Demonfriend), Fimm (mace tail = warriors, blade tail = noble), and shearl (worker).

I have been slowly working on Fimir using Beastmen, but may have to change now to use larger base size of WF Fimir and SoM Dirach. But just happy to have new minis!