[Archive] Finally started!

MartyF:

I’ve finally started to paint (well dip, I can’t paint to save my life) some of my CD’s.  I’m planning on using the normal dwarf rules and I’m going more for a chaotic dwarf rather than chaos dwarf army, if that make sense.

10 Quarallers, very nearly finished, just need to stick the models to their bases

and some command figures that I’ve converted from Chaos Knight, Marauder, and dwarf warrior sprues.  Probably nothing new in there as I think I got most of the ideas from on here!

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Those are actually dipped? That’s great, I’m planning to dip my Chaos Dwarf army too, some day. The ‘painted’ figures look great! Better than I thought they’d usually be after dipping … :hat off

clam:

Awesome work there, MartyF. Always nice to see some good old classic miniatures painted up nicely.

- but such a beautiful collection of crossbowmen really deserves the use of a img-tag instead of the url one :wink:

MartyF:

:cheers Thanks for the comments guys, I was quite pleased with how they came out, especially when you consider the relative ease of painting them.

This is the first army I’ve dipped, I know it hasn’t got the best reputation, but the finished models look better than I can achieve painting normally. And its quicker, so its win win :slight_smile:

I’ve found that certain colours dip better than others, which influenced the colour scheme, and that a light spray of testors dullcoat at the end takes off the shine and results in a less dipped looking finish.

Hint taken on the IMG tag :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

Very very nice. Its good to see another mm90/6b around. That makes about 6 of us now lol. Do you have any other old 3rd edition cd’s that you are going to be painting up? Ill definately be following this blog.

MartyF:

Yes, I’ve been lucky enough to get some stuff off e-bay over the past few years.  I’ve been a long term lurker on here and some of the threads on e-bay items really helped. :cheers

In total I have around 25 marauder, including the mage, and about 40 or so 3rd edition citadel.  A friend very kindly gave me some 3rd  edition citadel warriors and war machines (Bazookas, swivel guns, and mortars).

I�?Tve also filled that out with some miniatures from other makers, mainly twisted tales.

I�?Td like to take them to a mini tourney in August, so I�?Tm hoping that will be the motivation I need to carry on and finish the army.

Pyro Stick:

In total I have around 25 marauder, including the mage, and about 40 or so 3rd edition citadel.  A friend very kindly gave me some 3rd  edition citadel warriors and war machines (Bazookas, swivel guns, and mortars).

MartyF
Cant wait to see your take on the Mage and the completed unit of mm90's. What shields are you going to use?

MartyF:

I’ve used the current chaos marauder shields for a unit of warriors and I’ve ordered a few sprues of the old chaos warrior shields (shown below) from GW to use with the mm90’s.

I tried to get away from the expense of buying them but couldn’t find or make anything I liked better.

Pyro Stick:

I've used the current chaos marauder shields for a unit of warriors and I've ordered a few sprues of the old chaos warrior shields (shown below) from GW to use with the mm90's.

I tried to get away from the expense of buying them but couldn't find or make anything I liked better.

MartyF
I used a few of those shields as well. I only used shields from the bottom row though. The top row will probably be too big. The big shields are what i wanted to use for my bull centaurs.

You can see the shields ive used here:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6279

MartyF:

Wow, what a beautiful army. :hat off  

Lovely use of colours and a great selection of models, some of the modelling and painting on this forum is outstanding.

I notice you have used some of the chaos marauder shields and seeing the warrior shields makes me feel better about my choice.

Pyro Stick:

Wow, what a beautiful army. :hat off  

Lovely use of colours and a great selection of models, some of the modelling and painting on this forum is outstanding.

I notice you have used some of the chaos marauder shields and seeing the warrior shields makes me feel better about my choice.

MartyF
I also used some of the new vampire counts shields (credit to ghrask dragh for that).

Edit: Shouldnt this be in the army blog section?

apocalypstia:

Nice work on those classics… sure looks as if you can paint some, dip worked out quite well here, not highly overdone/stated. Glad you came out of the lurkin’ to share your path to glory. Looking forward to more great things.

Mayhaps it started as a showcase with the classics then grew to blog status? … now that you mention it…

Kera foehunter:

great old army !!another lucky person

Willmark:

Definately looks like a blog to me.

(uses Dark Side powers to move thread).

Also get a picture of the crossbowmen on a plain white background.

GRNDL:

Also get a picture of the crossbowmen on a plain white background.

Willmark
Its his blog, why not let him photograph his models as he wishes. Or perhaps that was a kind request or a suggestion and merely delivered as a command?

MartyF:

Thanks for all the replies and interest.

I’ll start a proper Army blog, with better pictures, in a new thread if that is ok? If its not too much trouble could we move this back to the Showcase?

Willmark:

Heh Internet is such an imprecise medium, I got distracted and didn’t finish my post or move it and GRNDL viewed it as me being a sith lord!

Add to that I didn’t finish my thoughts. Please re take a photo of those crossbowmen on a white background they look that good! And I’m no fan of dipping.

Kera foehunter:

Kera makes a note !!

Grndl did a jedi mind trick on a seth lord !!

so is he the master or the apprentice ??

GRNDL:

Must be the books on Zen I’m reading. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I have to go back into hiding.

/waves hand

"This isn’t the thread you’re looking for…"

Zanko:

Aaaahhhh! I love your old 3rd edition CD´s! :hat off

I miss these guys in my army - I haven´t much of them. The most ones are in the Juggernaut … afterwards not very clever! :mad

Cool colour scheme and great paintjob! :cheers

The new plastic ones look also very promising! :o

I want to see more of your minis! :wink:

:hashut