[Archive] Fireborn VS Centaurs

Da Crusha:

last night I got to play a game with my 2x2 unit of fireborn. in top of turn 2 I got to charge a flaming unit of 18 tzeentch, halberd wielding chosen with 2 characters one a wiz who stayed away and a combat character with the 2+ ward against flaming attacks. we ended up taking about half of them out 9 or so before finally being destroyed by the end of turn 4 due to unstable, burning bight and combat res. I think they sustained only 1 or 2 wounds from combat.

He said he brought the flaming banner to deal with regeneration threats and this unit was opposite.

food for thought.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

More food for thought - K’daai can’t make swift reforms while centaurs can. That in itself sells me on centaurs.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Niblebitzer:

I am thinking two units of 3 centaurs to chaff hunt - spears and sheilds for 2+ defence, look at taking out skinks, RXB's etc etc and protect the warmachines from hunters - something I think we lack overall.

Steve D
This. 150pts for a unit of 3 (I prefer 2 or 3 of those) that will keep magma cannons free of threat and blazing hot!

Both units have their uses and work differently against different opponents. Elves are horrified when facing multiple units of fireborns. Dark elves bleed from the though of it as they commonly run small units and rely on magic, but if they die before they get to hit, well it sucks for them. :)

Fireborns cost a bit too much for my tasting. Big unit costs easily oveer 400 pts and its too much for my gaming style. I prefer more MSU approach.

Niblebitzer:

All units in modern Armies books get command for 10 points each. It's not a special feature.

Thommy H
Incorrect. Savage Orc and Orc bosses cost 15pts :) But ya I caught your drift, I believe everything else is 10pt for a champ.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Gnoblars in Ogre Kingdoms get their champions for 5 pts. ;)

Da Crusha:

last night I got to play a game with my 2x2 unit of fireborn. in top of turn 2 I got to charge a flaming unit of 18 tzeentch, halberd wielding chosen with 2 characters one a wiz who stayed away and a combat character with the 2+ ward against flaming attacks. we ended up taking about half of them out 9 or so before finally being destroyed by the end of turn 4 due to unstable, burning bight and combat res. I think they sustained only 1 or 2 wounds from combat.

He said he brought the flaming banner to deal with regeneration threats and this unit was opposite.

food for thought.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

More food for thought - K’daai can’t make swift reforms while centaurs can. That in itself sells me on centaurs.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Niblebitzer:

I am thinking two units of 3 centaurs to chaff hunt - spears and sheilds for 2+ defence, look at taking out skinks, RXB's etc etc and protect the warmachines from hunters - something I think we lack overall.

Steve D
This. 150pts for a unit of 3 (I prefer 2 or 3 of those) that will keep magma cannons free of threat and blazing hot!

Both units have their uses and work differently against different opponents. Elves are horrified when facing multiple units of fireborns. Dark elves bleed from the though of it as they commonly run small units and rely on magic, but if they die before they get to hit, well it sucks for them. :)

Fireborns cost a bit too much for my tasting. Big unit costs easily oveer 400 pts and its too much for my gaming style. I prefer more MSU approach.

Niblebitzer:

All units in modern Armies books get command for 10 points each. It's not a special feature.

Thommy H
Incorrect. Savage Orc and Orc bosses cost 15pts :) But ya I caught your drift, I believe everything else is 10pt for a champ.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Gnoblars in Ogre Kingdoms get their champions for 5 pts. ;)