[Archive] First AoS List! O&G 100 Wounds

Novos:

Hey all!

I have a game against wood elves in 2 days. Game is set at 100 wounds, what do you guys think?

Heroes

Orc Warboss (6 wounds)

- Massive Choppa

Orc Great Shaman (5 wounds)

Units

20 Orc Boyz (20 Wounds)

- Orc Banner

- Waaagh Drummer

- 2X Choppas

20 Orc Boyz (20 Wounds)

- Pigstikka Spears

- Waaagh Shields

- Orc Banner

- Waaagh drummer

7 Orc Arrer Boys (7 Wounds)

10 Orc Boar Boyz (20 Wounds)

- Pigstikka Spears

- Tusker Shields

- Glyph Bearer

- Waaagh Horns

1 Orc Boar Chariot (6 Wounds)

4 Trolls (16 Wounds)

Wounds: 100

Combo Bonus: Greenskinz Big Mob

Still an AoS beginner so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

sam585:

Hey all!

I have a game against wood elves in 2 days. Game is set at 100 wounds, what do you guys think?

Heroes

Orc Warboss (6 wounds)
- Massive Choppa

Units

20 Orc Boyz (20 Wounds)
- Orc Banner
- Waaagh Drummer
- 2X Choppas

20 Orc Boyz (20 Wounds)
- Pigstikka Spears
- Waaagh Shields
- Orc Banner
- Waaagh drummer

- Pigstikka Spears
- Tusker Shields
- Glyph Bearer
- Waaagh Horns

4 Trolls (16 Wounds)

Thanks!

Novos
Should really try to get a warmachine or two in the list to counter large units of shooters, opposing artillery, and solo heroes. Remember to add the wounds of the warmachine and the crew if they are seperate.

Novos:

Hey all!

Heroes

Orc Warboss (6 wounds)
- Massive Choppa

Units

20 Orc Boyz (20 Wounds)
- Orc Banner
- Waaagh Drummer
- 2X Choppas

20 Orc Boyz (20 Wounds)
- Pigstikka Spears
- Waaagh Shields
- Orc Banner
- Waaagh drummer

- Pigstikka Spears
- Tusker Shields
- Glyph Bearer
- Waaagh Horns

4 Trolls (16 Wounds)

Thanks!

Novos
Should really try to get a warmachine or two in the list to counter large units of shooters, opposing artillery, and solo heroes. Remember to add the wounds of the warmachine and the crew if they are seperate.

sam585
Were you ever right! I ended up losing, the shooting casualties were way too high and my blocks of orcs didn't do jack.

I'm not going to worry about formation bonuses any more, they did very little. Chariot's damage output wasn't so high either.

MVP on my side was definitely the trolls, they took out a couple of good units and would have done more if I hadn't have lost them to battleshock tests from shooting. Bad rolls on my part. I'll be using all the ones I have from now on.

I think you're right about artillery. Seems to be really powerful especially in early game. I can't wait till we get the CD rules. So far I'm disappointed with the Hellcannon, maybe its better in game than on warscroll. I hope the others will be better.

Thanks for the reply!
Take care

sam585:

The hellcannon is amazing. 48 inch range and can snipe anyone, anytime, anywhere. Hits on a 3+ and does 2d6 mortal wounds (you are going to focus the same target). With a cannon like that you can just laugh away at anything big or scarry your opponent throws down. Realistically you will kill one character per turn, barring monsters, and average 7 to 8 wounds per round.

Novos:

The hellcannon is amazing. 48 inch range and can snipe anyone, anytime, anywhere. Hits on a 3+ and does 2d6 mortal wounds (you are going to focus the same target). With a cannon like that you can just laugh away at anything big or scarry your opponent throws down. Realistically you will kill one character per turn, barring monsters, and average 7 to 8 wounds per round.

sam585
omg totally! I probably should have re-read it after my game, would have had a better understanding. Yeah that's incredible! And no more misfire makes it even better. I'm glad we'll be able to use a diverse set of war machines and not have to min max. Cant wait to see what the new dreakquake can do.