[Archive] First Chaos dwarf army list 2000pts 8th ed

Hill_Billy_Bub:

So as the title suggests this is my first chaos dwarf army list. Despite warhammer dying me, my bro and a couple of friends still play it. The only real army I ever played was a nurgle warrior army but I had a lot of help from people. So here is my shot at chaos dwarfs.

Sorcerer Phophet 345

Lv4

Pistol

Stone mantel

Infernal castellan 140

BSB

enchanted shield

Pistol

Infernal Guard 284. �-2

Full command

Hailshot blunderbuss

Infernal ironsworn 457

Full command

Death shrieker 100

Dreadquake mortar 195 �-2

Total is exactly 2000pt

Any suggestions is welcome. But to make it clear to some I don’t really like cannon fodder troops like hobgoblins and perfer to be a defensive player.

TheLazySamurai:

Sorcerer Phophet 345
Lv4
Pistol
Stone mantle

**Drop the stone mantle and add the talisman of preservation. 4+ ward save will help when toughness and armor will not.

Infernal castellan 140
BSB
enchanted shield
Pistol

**Add the Dawn Stone.  25 points and now that 2+ save is re-rollable

Infernal Guard 284. �-2
Full command
Hailshot blunderbuss

**Combine these units.  Use the points saved on command to give the BSB the Dawn Stone.  Blunderbuss only shine in large units since you don't get the re-roll to wound unless you have 20+ models firing at the target.  Also, put these guys in ranks of 2 and add the BSB for stubborn.

Infernal ironsworn 457
Full command

Death shrieker 100

Dreadquake mortar 195 �-2

Total is exactly 2000pt

Hill_Billy_Bub
Put all your war machines behind the blunderbuss and let the enemy figure out how to get through your line.  I am not going to suggest any specific changes beyond what is above, but you may consider switching some units up for some faster ones in future games, ie,  K'Daai block, Destroyer, Bull Centaurs.  You don't have anything in your army to threaten enemy movement other than shooting.  It is a good idea to be able to have a unit cover an area of the board where your opponent has to think about movement.  Good luck with your games.

The Lazy Samurai

sam585:

175- Daemonsmith Lvl 2 metal (General), Stone Mantle, Charmed Shield

190 Infernal Castellen BSB, Talisman of Preservation, Dragon Helm, Great Weapon

155- Daemonsmith Lvl 2 metal, dispell

54- Hobgoblin Khan, Light Armor

104- 20 hobgoblins bows, Musician

491- 27 Infernal Guard with Fireglaives fcmd,

310- Iron Daemon

100- Rocket

210- Hellcannon

210- Hellcannon

Total:1999

This army is the one you want to use if you are going to play defensive. You should not write off hobgoblins or hobgoblin khans they may be fodder, but are not throw away, they serve the all important purpose of redirecting, and holding up units.

A level 4 is to expensive in 2k.

Hellcannons are better than dreadquake mortars.

Infernal Ironsworn are useless.

The stonemantle is pretty much only good on a demonsmith due to it greatly lowering the chance of him dying to a single miscast.

Blunderbuss I would argue is an offensive L.O.A unit choice. But regardless running them in units of 14 is bad, use them in groups of 22 or 23.

Hill_Billy_Bub:

Thanks for the advice

TheHoodedMan:

Just wanted to add that the above list is a very tough competitive list. The shooting is even stronger at low points like 2000 or less and often an opponent will have really heavy losses in turn 1 and 2.

Chaos Dwarfs are a medium/good competitive army.

Most chaos dwarf army choices are really hard and if one plays against less prepared opponents in a fun game the legion of azgorh simply wipes them off the table.

This way the Chaos dwarf army list got a little bad reputation for being lame or broken at some people (which isn`t true).

Maybe you want to consider this in your games, depending on your game environment :hat off.

It is also recommendable to inform your opponent about your special rules (there are lots) of the used models before game.