[Archive] first draught of chaos dwarf army list

minty:

hi all, i only just found this place, but i have been a fan of big hats for a long time. over the last week i have been working on a chaos dwarf army book. i have only just finished the basic list and wanted to know what everyone thought.

Armoury

Blunderbuss

A blunderbuss is a simple black powder weapon that can unleash a frightening rate of fire

Range: 12" Strength 4 Special Rules: move or fire, armour piercing, may fire in an additional rank. Ignore long range

Deamonforged Armour

The armour worn by the nobles of Zarr Nagrund is made in the dark forges of Hashut, it is bound with the fell energy of the dark god himself

4+ Armour save and a 5+ ward save against non magical attacks, if the model wearing deamonforged armour rolls a 1 for there save roll, they take 2 wounds (or 2d6 wounds)

Special Rules

Resolute

Dawi’zarr are infamous for there stubbornness and determination, often refusing to let a promising slave go even in a hopeless situation

Chaos dwarves may march even if there is an enemy within 8". they also flee and peruse D6-1"

Overlords

Dawi’zarr are notorious slavers, there realms populated by more slaves than the dwarves themselves.

Various units are referred to as overlords, these units follow all the following special rules

–overlords never take panic checks from fleeing slave units

–no overlord may join a unit of slaves, except an enforcer and a unit of overlords may never be joined by a slave character

Slaves

Much of the armies of Zar Naggrund are comprised of captured slaves. Many units are referred to as slaves, these follow the following rules

–the army may never include more slave units than there are units or characters in the army with the overlord rule

–every turn a slave unit is out of 6" of an overlord unit them must make a panic test or flee towards the nearest table edge

–slaves may not fill the minimum core choices for the army

Animosity

green skins are a notoriously uncooperative race , rarely being able to get along with there own kind

Same as in warhammer armies: orcs and goblins.

Deamonforging

The engineers of Zar Naggrund are adept at combining steel and chaos energy into one monstrous being

If the army contains a Deamonsmith than the war machines may be daemon forged. Any war machine with chaos dwarves as crew may be upgraded in this way, costing 30 points for a war machine,

Deamonforged war machines have a 5+ demonic ward save, as well as having the rampage special rule and using the hell cannon misfire chart, and cause fear. There shots count as magical

Additional rules for demonic war machines are in the units profile

Army List

Lords

Umaraki Lord 155 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

3 7 5 4 5 3 4 5 10

Equipment: Deamonforged armour, hand weapon

Options:

May carry a great weapon or an additional hand weapon(+6pts)

May carry a shield (+3pts)

May carry a blunderbuss(+15pts)

May ride a great Taurus (+240 pts) a Taurus (+55pts)

May carry up to 125 pts of gifts of Hashut

Special rules: overlord

Uncaring

The lords of the dawi’zarr are infamous among there own subjects for being black hearted monsters who would slay there fellows for the slightest gain.

Any unit joined by an Umbaraki lord that fails a panic, fear or terror checks takes d6 wounds with a minus 2 to there save, but counts as passing

High sorcerer 225 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

3 4 5 3 5 3 1 2 9

Equipment: hand weapon

Magic: a high sorcerer is a level 3 wizard who may choose spells from the lore of death, fire, metal or the lore of Hashut

Options:

May be upgraded to a level 4 wizard for + 35 points

May ride a Lammasu (+220 pts) or may be carried in a palanquin(+170pts)

May accompany a furnace of Hashut for + 185 points (takes up a rare slot)

Stoneskin curse

Though the god of the black forge bestows magical power upon his followers, this comes at a price, as the effects of magic turn there bodies to stone

A high sorcerer has a 5+ scaly skin save(stone skin save) and an increased toughness(included in profile) but may not move at all, unless mounted and if broken from combat is automatically run down. A sorcerer has a 6+ save, and may not march unless mounted

Heroes

Umbaraki Thane* 70 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

3 6 5 4 5 2 4 4 9

Equipment: Deamonforged armour, hand weapon

Options:

May carry a great weapon or an additional hand weapon(+4pts)

May carry a shield (+2pts)

May carry a blunderbuss(+10pts)

May ride a Taurus (+39pts)

May carry up to 75 pts of gifts of Hashut

Sorcerer 80 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

3 4 3 3 5 2 1 2 9

Magic: a sorcerer is a level 1 wizard who may choose spells from the lore of death, fire, metal or the lore of Hashut

Options:

May be upgraded to a level 2 wizard for + 35 points

Special rules: overlord, stoneskin curse

Deamonsmith 65 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

3 5 6 4 4 2 2 3 9

Equipment: hand weapon, deamonforged armour

May carry a blunderbuss(+10pts) or a scattergun (+22 points)

Special Rules: overlords

Deamonmaster

The dark engineers that dwell within the black halls of the dawi’zarr are masters at controlling bound deamons, being able to quell there dark natures, as well as being experts with the technology

If a deamonsmith joins a war machine that has been deamon forged the war machine may reroll the dice on the misfire chart, as well as allowing to reroll any scatter dice that are rolled or use his BS for any to hit rolls

Enforcer 65 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

3 5 3 4 4 2 2 3 9

May carry up to 75 pts of gifts of hashut

Special Rules: overlords

slave master

Chaos dwarf slave masters are even more adept at ‘convincing’ slaves to obey there orders, being it with fear, or with a barbed whip.

Slaves within 12" of a slave master may use his leadership, as well as counting as being within 8" of an overlord

0-1 Bull priest * 135 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

7 7 5 5 5 3 3 4 9

Options:

May carry a great weapon or an additional hand weapon(+6pts)

May carry a shield (+3pts)

Protection of Hashut

The bull centaurs are the most favoured subjects of the lord of dark fire, being gifted with great magical protection

For each bull priest , it gains 1 dispel dice as long as the model is still alive

Bull kick

Bull centaurs fight not only with there arms and weapons, but also with there powerful front legs, delivering bone cracking kicks

Bull centaurs have an additional attack in combat that is resolved at base strength except for when charging at which points it’s there strength +1

Thick hide

Bull centaurs are very thick skinned, there hides offering as good protection as tempered steel

Bull centaurs have a 5+ scaly skin save

Not cavalry

Though bull centaurs are quadrupeds, they are not cavalry

Try guessing what this rule does

Cause fear

Bull centaurs are a horrifying combination of dwarf and bull, then warped further by the dark powers of chaos

Bull centaurs cause fear

Blessings of Hashut

Bull priest are the principal leaders of the worship of Hashut, being able to call upon him for aid to smite down there foes

Once per turn, the bull priest may use one of the following prayers. This is cast just like a bound spell at power level D6.

Forgefire

The bull priest call a great ball of flames that can incinerate most foes on contact

This is treated as a shooting weapon with range 18". Roll to hit as normal. If the bull priest hits, roll a D6 this is how many hit the unit takes. These hits are resolved at strength 4 and count as flaming

Dark renewal

Calling upon Hashut, the bull priest returns energy to those around him, bringing back there fighting spirit

Target one model within 6". this model automatically gains one wound. This cannot take the model beyond it’s starting number of wounds

Shadowburn

Calling upon the full might of the lord of dark fire, the bull priest fires a wave of corrupted fire at his opponents, which makes a mockery of armour. This takes a great strain on the priest, and often they are injured from the strain

Place the flamer template in base contact with the bull priest, all models underneath the template takes a strength 2 ht that ignores armour saves. The bull priest then looses one wound with no saves of any kind allowed

Hobgoblin khan * ** 45 points

M4 WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I3 A3 LD7

Options:

May carry a great weapon or an additional hand weapon(+4pts) or if mounted a spear(+2pts)

May carry a short bow(+8pts)

May ride a wolf(+12pts) or may ride in a hobgoblin wolf chariot (does not take up a special slot)

May carry up to 50 gifts of Hashut

Special Rules: animosity

Hobgoblin shaman** 60pts

M WS BS S T W A I LD

4 3 2 3 3 2 1 2 6

Magic: a sorcerer is a level 1 wizard who may choose spells from the little waaagh! Lore, following all the same rules as a normal goblin shaman

Options:

May be upgraded to a level 2 wizard for + 35 points

May carry up to 50 pts of gifts of Hashut

May ride a wolf (+12pts) or may ride in a hobgoblin wolf chariot (does not take up a special slot)

Special rules: animosity

may carry the army battle standard for +25 points, only one per army, may choose magic banner, but if he does may not take any other magic items. BSB may not take any mundane equipment or be the general

* may include one for each unit of hobbos

MOUNTS

Great Taurus

A great Taurus is one of the rarest beasts in existence, combining the body and head of a bull, with the size, breath and wings of a dragon

M WS BS S T W A I LD

G.Taurus 6 3 0 5 5 4 4 2 7

Special rules: fly, cause terror, large target

Fire form

A great Taurus is a magnificent beast, it’s body wreathed in flames

All attacks by the great Taurus are flaming, and they are immune to fire attacks

Breath fire

A great Taurus can unleash a great gout of fire from it’s mouth, searing those before it

This is a breath weapon, that’s strength 4 and gives an additional -1 to enemy armour saves

Lammasu

Lammasu are what becomes of the sprits of wizards that have passed from this world, they are reluctant to be in the company of others, but occasionally can be broken to serve a master

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Lammasu 6 3 0 5 5 4 3 2 9

Special rules: fly, cause terror, large target

mage birth

Lammasu are mythical beasts, born from the sprits of slain mages, they can convert hostile magics into raw energy

A Lammasu has magic resistance 2, and for any spell that is dispelled by these dice, the rider generates an extra power dice the next turn

Palanquin

Occasionally the higher nobles of Zharr Naggrund are carried to war in armoured versions of the palanquins they employ in the city

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Palanquin - - - 5 5 4 - - -

Bull Centaur 7 5 3 5 4 1 1 2 9

Equipment: bull centaurs have hand weapons and deamonforged armour

Unit size: 1 palanquin, carried by 4 bull centaurs

Special rules: large target

Bearers

the four bull centaurs that carry the palanquin follow all the normal rules for bull centaurs (bull kick, thick hide, cause fear). When in combat these make four attacks as normal. If the palanquin looses one bearer it may no longer march, and if it looses 3 it can no longer move. If the palanquin is destroyed the bull centaurs are removed along with it

Palanquin

The palanquin is a giant platform covered in an iron roof, and draped with curtains to mask it’s appearance from the world. Blades and spikes but out of many parts of the construct

The palanquin causes 2d6 impact hits when it charges. Due to the metal it is made of the palanquin has a 3+ armour save. Whenever the palanquin is shot, roll a D6 on a 1 the sorcerer is hit, on a 2 the bearers and on a 3-6 the palanquin. The sorcerer riding the palanquin adds +2 to there armour save

Core

Chaos dwarf warriors 8pts per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

C dwarf 3 4 3 3 4 1 1 2 9

Veteran 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 2 9

Equipment: hand weapon, heavy armour

Unit size: 10+

Options:

The unit may be equipped with great weapons or additional hand weapons for +2 points per model

The unit may be equipped with shields for +1 point per model

One model may be upgraded to a standard bearer +10 points

One model may be upgraded to a musician for + 5 points

One model may be promoted to a veteran for + 15 points

Chaos dwarf sky breakers 14 points per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

C dwarf 3 4 3 3 4 1 1 2 9

Equipment: hand weapon, heavy armour, blunderbuss

Options:

May replace blunderbuss with a crossbow and great weapon for no additional points

Hobgoblins 3 points per model *

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Hobbo 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 2 6

Boss 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 2 6

Unit size: 20+

Options:

May be equipped with spears for +1 point per model, or additional hand weapons for +1 points

May be equipped with shields for+1 point per model,

May be equipped with light armour +1 points

May be equipped with bows for +2 points per model

One model may be promoted to a boss for + 10 point

Special rules: animosity

Hobgoblin raiders 12 points per model *

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Hobbo 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 2 6

Boss 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 2 6

Wolf 9 3 0 3 3 1 1 4 3

Equipment: hand weapon, wolf

Unit size: 5+

Options:

May be equipped with spears for +1 point per model

May be equipped with shields for+1 point per model

May be equipped with bows for +2 points per model

One model may be upgraded to a standard bearer +14 points

One model may be upgraded to a musician for + 7 points

One model may be promoted to a boss for + 14 point

Special rules: animosity, fast cavalry

Chain gang 2 points per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Slave 4 2 3 2 2 1 1 2 5

Special rules: slaves

Don’t count towards minimum core

Special

Sneaky gitz 7 points per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Hobbo 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 2 6

Boss 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 2 6

Equipment: 2 hand weapons

Options:

One model may be promoted to a boss for + 10 point

May be upgraded to very sneaky gitz for +2 points per model

Special rules: animosity, poisoned attacks, sneaky

sneaky

Sneaky gitz excel at hiding and sneaking around (hence the name) they are also masters at striking the enemy from behind

Sneaky gitz may move through terrain like open ground, and gain +1 on the ‘to wound’ dice when attacking a unit from the rear. very sneaky gitz gain an additional -1 to hit when in cover

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower 45 points per unit

may take 2 for one special choice

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Hobbo 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 2 6

Bolt thrower - - - - 7 3 - - -

Equipment: crew have hand weapons

Unit size: 3 hobbo crew and one bolt thrower

Special rules: bolt thrower, animosity

Hobgoblin Chariot 85 points per model

* may take 2 for one special choice

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Hobbo - 3 3 3 - - 1 2 6

Chariot - - - 5 5 3 - - -

Wolf 9 3 0 3 - - 1 4 -

Equipment: crew have hand weapons, spears and short bows. Chariot has scythes

Unit size: 3 hobbo crew and 1 chariot, pulled by 2 wolves

Armour save: 4+

Options:

Chariot may be upgraded to have an extra crewman for + 5 points, or an extra wolf for + 6 points

Special rules: chariot, animosity

Chaos Dwarf Immortals 13pts per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Immortal 3 5 3 4 4 1 1 2 9

Eternal 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 2 9

Equipment: deamonforged armour, hand weapon, great weapon

Options:

One model may be upgraded to a standard bearer +12 points

Standard bearer may carry a magic standard worth up to 50 points

One model may be upgraded to a musician for + 6 points

One model may be promoted to an eternal for + 17 points

An eternal may have up to 25 points of gifts of hashut

Deamonsoul

In the ritual that transforms a normal dwarf to an immortal, there souls are replaced with deamons to further there combat prowess

Immortals are immune to psychology and have magical attacks.

Chaos Dwarf weapon team 25 points per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Weapon team 3 4 3 3 4 2 2 2 9

Equipment: hand weapon, heavy armour

Unit size: 1-5 weapon teams consisting of 2 models each

Options

Each team must be equipped with either a brimstone bazooka (+30 points), a doom darter (+35 points) or a dread blaster (+40 points). Every model in the unit must be equipped in the same way

Special rules: overlords, skirmish. Cavalry base, unit strength 2

Brimstone bazooka

Brimstone bazookas consist of long tubes that propel a chunk of flaming brimstone at the enemies, incinerating on contact

Range: 36" strength: 8 special rules: move or fire, blast radius

Doom darter

A doom darter uses a complex system of gears and wires to fire a storm of darts

Range: 24" strength: 4 special rules: volley fire

Volley fire

A weapon with volley fire shoots a flurry of razor sharp bolts. Roll an artillery dice, this is how many shots the doom darter shoots

Dread blaster

A dread blaster uses captured demonic essence to create a wail that destroys the minds of the target, along with causing a great panic among there ranks

Range 4D6" strength: --. Special rules: move or fire, deadly wail

Deadly wail

If the weapon hits the target unit takes a number of hits equal to half the enemy unit strength, these hits wound on 6’s and ignore armour save. In addition any unit that takes a wound must immediately take a panic check

Earth Shaker cannon 110 points per unit

M WS BS S T W A I LD

C.Dwarf 3 4 3 3 4 1 1 2 9

Earth shaker - - - - 7 3 - - -

Deamonbound - 2 - 5 7 3 2 1 9

Equipment: crew have hand weapons and light armour

Unit size: 3 chaos dwarf crew and one earth shaker

Special rules: Earth shaker cannon, deamonforging, overlord

Earth Shaker cannon

earth shaker cannons fire powerful groundbreaking rounds that cause earthquakes on impact, these shells have a great effect on enemies, slowing there progress

Threat the earth shaker as a stone thrower with the following exceptions. After an earth shaker has fired, roll 2d6. Every model(friend of foe) in this distance of the shells location has there movement halved until the next chaos dwarf shooting phase. Any unit with missile weapons in this range must roll a d6, on a 4+ the unit requires 6’s to hit with there shooting weapons until the end of the next chaos dwarf shooting phase. The power required to fire the shell however makes it highly inaccurate, so it scatters 2d6"

Deamonforging

The shots from the Earth shaker cannon canon have +1 (+2 in centre) strength, any hits automatically cause a panic check

Death rocket launcher 95 points per unit

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Death rocket - - - - 7 3 - - -

Deamonbound - 2 - 5 7 3 2 1 9

Unit size: 3 chaos dwarf crew and one death rocket launcher

Special rules: death rocket launcher, deamonforging, overlord

death rocket launcher

The Dawi Zharr war machine known as the death rocket fires powerful explosive projectiles , that scatter into multiples rockets in the air, raining great devastation upon the enemy

Range: 60"G Strength: 5 special rules:

The missile from the death rocket is fired as normal for a guess range weapon, since the missile scatters in mid air it uses large blast template to resolve hits. All models fully under or partially under the template are hit on a 4+ . The insincerities in causes D3 wounds to all models wounded, The shot is inaccurate however, rolling 2D6" for the scatter

Deamonforging

Due to the powerful demonic pulses in the shot, the shot ignores armour saves, and the malign intellect of the shot only rolls 1D6 for the scatter

Shredder 120 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Shredder 7 - 4 5 5 3 - - -

tenderiser 7 2 4 5 5 3 3 2 -

Unit size: 1

Equipment: doom darter, spinning blades

Options: may be upgraded to a tenderiser for +45 points, tenderisers replace there doom darter with a dread blaster

Special rules: chariot, 3+ armour save, unbreakable, always counts as stationary for firing

Blades of doom

The front and sides of the shredder are covered with sharp, rotating blades that can cut both flesh and armour with ease

At the end of each close combat phase, after all models have attacked and if he shredder is still alive, one unit in base contact with the shredder automatically takes D6 strength 5 hits

Deamonfrenzy

A tenderiser is a shredder that’s engine was replaced with a bound deamon, making a deadly, if unreliable war engine

A tenderiser must always move towards the nearest enemy unit in line of sight, charging if possible. the tenderiser must always fire it’s dread blaster if possible. On the turn a tenderiser charges it may reroll all to hit dice as it vents out the frustration of being bound in the metal shell. Every turn, the chaos dwarf player must roll a D6, on a roll of a 6 the tenderiser does nothing that turn, and suffers d3 wounds that ignore armour saves

Bull Centaurs 39 points per model

may not include more units of bull centaurs than there are sorcerers, high sorcerer or bull priests or chosen hobgoblin shamans

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Bull Centaur 7 5 3 5 4 1 1 2 9

Initiate 7 5 3 5 4 1 2 2 9

Equipment: deamonforged armour, hand weapon

Unit size: 5+

Options:

The unit may be equipped with great weapons or additional hand weapons for +2 points per model

One model may be upgraded to a standard bearer +20 points

May carry a magic standard worth up to 75 pts

One model may be upgraded to a musician for + 10 points

One model may be promoted to an initiate of Hashut for + 20 points

The initiate may select up to 50 points of gifts of Hashut

Special rules: bull kick, tough hide, not cavalry

Rare

0-1 Hellcannon of chaos

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Hellcannon - 4 4 6 7 6 4 1 9

Save: 3+, 5+ demonic ward

Unit size: 3 chaos dwarf crew and hellcannon

Special rules: overlord, unbreakable, large target, cause terror

rampage

The hellcannon does not declare charges as normal, in the compulsory movement part of the turn roll 2d6, if the number rolled is equal or greater to the distance between the hellcannon and the nearest enemy unit, the hellcannon immediately charges

Charge reactions may be taken as normal, the dice rolled is used for maximum and failed charge distance movement. The hellcannon may only spew ichor in the shooting phase if it rampages

Loss of crew

If in any turn the hellcannon has no crew left, it will roll to rampage against all units, and move the distance even if it is out of range

Firing the hellcannon

The hellcannon is treated as a stone thrower with the following exceptions. Because of the malign intellect the hellcannon may reroll the scatter dice. Once the location has been determined, all units hit that are not immune to psychology may elect to flee directly away from the hellcannon as if fleeing from a charge.

Place the small blast template with the centre over the point of impact, all models directly underneath the template suffer a str10 hit that causes d6 wounds (d6+2 if building) all partials are hit on a 4+. Then place the large blast template in the same place as the small blast template, all models that aren’t immune to psychology must immediately take a LD check of flee directly away from the hellcannon.

Spew ichor

Instead of firing normally, the he cannon may spray out a great gout of body parts. Place the flame template touching the hell cannon, all models underneath the template suffer a strength 6 hit. Any model even partially under the template must take a terror check

Hellcannon misfire chart

The hellcannon breaks it’s bonds, kills all the remaining crew and immediately rampages

The hellcannon fights against its chains. It takes d6 wounds with no save of any kind allowed

The hell canon goes berserk, it kills all of it’s crew and may immediately spew ichor

A massive backdraught from the hellcannon’s furnace bull a crewman within the engine. One crewman is killed

The hellcannons workings grind and snarl. It looses it’s ward save

The hellcannons chaotic energy go crazy, inflicting a wound on every wizard on the board with no saves of any kind allowed

Furnace guard 16 points per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Furnace guard 3 5 3 4 4 1 1 2 9

g.guardian 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 2 9

Equipment: deamonforged armour, hand weapon, great weapon

Options:

One model may be upgraded to a standard bearer +14 points

Standard bearer may carry a magic standard worth up to 75 points

One model may be upgraded to a musician for + 7 points

One model may be promoted to a gate guardian for + 19 points

An eternal may have up to 50 points of gifts of hashut

Special rules: overlord,

Guards of Hashut

The furnace guard are the guardians of the shrines of hashut, the dark farther, being entrusted with protecting the faith from any up spurs. On the rare occasions they take to the fields of battle, there are unmoving, unrelenting foes

Furnace guard are unbreakable. They must always peruse fleeing enemies. Furnace guard are immune to fire attacks

Chaos dwarf miners 11pts per model

M WS BS S T W A I LD

C dwarf 3

TRUNCATED…

TRUNCATED…

4 3 3 4 1 1 2 9

Equipment: hand weapon, heavy armour, great weapon

Options:

Underground assault

Though most chaos dwarves worship Hashut, a small few still practice worship of the ancestor god Grungi, these are masters of underground attacks in battle, as well as the greatest miners in the chaos dwarf realms

Same as in war hammer armies: Dwarfs

0-1 Black orcs 11 points per models

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Black orc 4 4 3 4 4 1 1 2 7

Boss 4 4 3 4 4 1 2 2 7

Equipment: loads of choppas, heavy armour

Options:

May be equipped with shields for+1 point per model,

One model may be upgraded to a standard bearer +12 points

One model may be upgraded to a musician for + 6 points

One model may be promoted to a boss for + 15 point

Special rules: slaves, animosity, ignore greenskin panic, animosity

Armed to da theef

when Black orcs go to war, they always manage to ‘acquire’ a great array of weaponry

At the start of each combat, black orcs can choose to use either 2 choppas, a single choppa or a great weapon

treacherous

Black orcs make the most uncooperative, ungrateful, rebellious slaves in the world, always looking for a way to find freedom

At the beginning of each turn the chaos dwarf player must make a LD check for the black orcs, if this is failed they are controlled by the opponent for the remainder of the turn. Black orcs never take a leadership test for being out of 12" of an overlord unit

0-1 Kolossus 540 points

M WS BS S T W A I LD

Shredder 6 4 4 8 8 8 6 1 -

Unit size: 1

Equipment: twin inferno cannons, rapid cannon, great crushing fists

Special rules: large target, cause terror, 3+ armour save, 5+ward save, magic attacks

Unliving construct

A kolossus is a great construct of iron and obsodian, and is incapable of feeling pain. It can move unhindered through any terrain

A colossus is completely unbreakable, and is not slowed down by terrain. However since it is not alive, it cannot march and does not double it’s charge distance when charging

Magicforged

A kolossus is the pinnacle of both chaos dwarf sorceries and engineering expertise, and requires both present to remain working

To use a colossus, both a deamonsmith and a sorcerer (either high or normal) must be present. If at the beginning of any chaos there is no sorcerer on the chaos dwarf side, the colossus takes D6 wounds with no save of any kind allowed, and this continues every turn.

Rapid cannon

Range: G24" strength: 6 special rules: D3 shots, ignore armour saves

Inferno cannons

These count as a breath weapon with strength 4, that add an additional -1 to enemy armour save

Furnace of Hashut see sorcerer

Special rules: cause terror

Furnace of Hashut

A furnace of Hashut is an immobile symbol of the worship of the god of dark fire, indestructible from enemy attacks

All shooting at the sorcerer are divided between the sorcerer and the furnace like a normal war machine. Template weapons automatically hit the sorcerer . Each turn you may place one of the following blessings on a unit within 24" on a D6 roll of a 2+

Blessing of fire

If placed on a friendly unit, that units attacks count as flaming for the rest of the turn, and they are immune to flaming attacks. If placed on an enemy, they take D6 strength 4 flaming hits.

Blessing of shadow

If placed on a friendly unit they gain an additional -1 to be hit from shooting… If placed on an enemy, they have a -1 ws and bs until the next turn

Blessing of metal

If placed on a friendly unit, they may ignore the first armour modification, so a strength 4 hit will not affect the models armour saves. If placed on an enemy, they suffer a -1 to there armour save until the next turn.

Guardians of the furnace

Any unit in combat with the sorcerer suffer 2 automatic strength 6 hits, after all other attacks if the sorcerer is still alive

Lore of Hashut

Spells

Hashut’s gauntlet 5+

Flames of the furnace 7+

Resilience of dark iron 7+

Curse of ash 9+

Obsodian hammer 9+

Wall of stone 11+

Effects

Hashut’s gauntlet 5+

A great mailed fist descends from the sky, crushing the foes of the chaos dwarves

This is a magic missile with a range of 12". it causes d3 strength 7 hits

Flames of the furnace 7+

Unleashing the dark fires of Hashut, the ground around the foe is heated to the temperature of Hashut’s own realm

Choose one area within 18" of the sorcerer and place the small blast template there. Any unit (friend or foe) that passes over this point takes D6 strength D6 hits. These hits are flaming.

This is a remains in play spell

Resilience of dark iron 7+

The armour and weapons of the chaos dwarves is transmuted to a substance matching obsodian in it’s strength

Target one unit within 6" of the sorcerer, that unit gains +1 to it’s armour save whilst the spell lasts

This is a remains in play spell

Curse of ash 9+

Summoning the breath of his god, the sorcerer creates a great storm of ash to defend the dawi zharr

Exactly same effect as howler winds

Obsodian hammer 9+

A great chunk of obsodian descends from the sky, crushing all in it’s path

This is a magic missile. It can be targeted anywhere on the board. The unit hit suffers D6 strength 7 hits

Wall of stone

Focusing his great magical powers upon the ground, the sorcerer causes a great cliff of stone to rise from the ground

Place a 6" marker anywhere within 12" of the sorcerer. This terrain is impassable and all models shooting over it suffer a -2 to there rolls to hit. This counts as terrain for charging

Gifts of Hashut

Magic weapons

The Blade of Cruelty = 25 pts

This axe thirsts for the essence of the living, draining them of there life on contact

Any model wounded by this axe has their will sapped out of them. For each unsaved wound caused by his axe, the wounded model’s Leadership is reduced by 1 for the remainder of the battle (this has no effect on single wound rank and file models).

-the Dagger of Pain (Hobgoblin Chieftain only) = 35 pts

With the help of this dagger, Gorduz Backstabber now holds the title of the longest lived hobgoblin chieftain in memory. He died not from the sting of an assassin’s blade but at the hands of his Master Ghorth the Cruel for reasons unknown.

The dagger counts as being poisoned, but wounds automatically on a to hit roll of 5 or 6, even if the chieftain would normally need to roll a 6 to hit.

-the Slaver’s Chain (enforcer only) = 25 pts

This chain binds the body of the victim, preparing them for service

The character who wields this wickedly spiked chain always strikes first in hand to hand combat. If more than one combatant has this ability then resolve their attacks in initiative order. Any model that suffers an wound from this chain (whether it is successfully saved or not) strikes last in that combat.

-The Brass Axe of Azgathor = 50 pts

This axe seeks out the wielders foe before delivering a crushing blow

Counts as a Great weapon. The wielder gets +1 to hit in hand to hand combat.

-Yurgoss’ War Pick = 40 pts

The spike of this weapon pierces armour, flesh, and souls.

The wielder gains +1 Strength in hand to hand combat. In addition, if the wielder wins a combat, his side’s combat result is increased by 1 in his favour.

-Black Hammer of Hashut = 65 pts

The black hammer is the ultimate sign of Hashut’s favour

+2S. Flammable targets are automatically killed if they take a single wound.

-Obsidian Blade = 95 pts

Forged in the heart of a volcano, this sword destroys lesser metals on contact

No armour saves allowed. If the target takes an unsaved wound this weapon and shield are destroyed (even if they are magical).

-Dark Mace of Death = 100 pts

Originally made by the sorcerer Drarzhik, this weapons blow crushes the bodies of it’s victims

the wielder can replace all of his existing attacks with a single attack that hits at strength 10 and causes D3 wounds

-Hammer of Tes’fslek = 50 pts

With this hammer, Tes’fslek became known as ‘tin opener’ during the dawi wars

This powerful hammer smashes armour asunder, all wounds caused by this hammer ignore armour saves.

MAGIC ARMOR

-Armor of Fireglass = 40 pts

This breastplate glows with the heat of the forge, reflecting magic from the wearer

The wearer of this obsidian breastplate gains magic resistance (2) and a 5+ armour save that may be combined with other equipment.

-Shield of To’Ul’Koss = 25 pts

The demon To’Ul’Koss resides in this shield, releasing her fury at any who draw near

. This shield provides a 6+ armour save, which may be combined with other armour. Each enemy who hits the wielder in hand to hand combat suffers a Strength 3 hit in return after all other attacks have been made. Any wounds caused by this effect count toward the combat result.

-Daemonhead helmet = 40 pts

The Enforcer Hazhack used to wear this ancient family heirloom from back when the dwarf race was united. He lost both his treasured helm and his life trying in vain to enslave a tribe of rebellious hobgoblins mounted on vicious wolves

. When the wearer suffers their first wound, they gain a 4+

ward save and MR(1) for the rest of the battle.

-Armor of the Furnace = 40 pts

This armour has never cooled since it’s forging, the heat protecting the wearer from most attacks

4+ armour save, 5+ ward save. Immune to fire based attacks.

-Helm of the Ur’falorth = 25 pts

The Ur’falorth are a cadre of dragon ogres from the northern wastes who enjoy nothing more than enslaving and torturing all beings. The chaos dwarves respect these strange beings for that reason, and an uneasy truce now exists between the two races

. The helm allows the wearer to re-roll failed armour saves.

-Shield of Fire = 15 pts

This shield was forged in the hottest blacksmith in Zhar Nagrund, from fire tainted with powerful chaotic energy

. Grants the wielder a 5+ armour save which can be combined with other armour as normal, also the wielder is immune to fire based attacks

TALISMANS

-Phylactery of Ghul Lorkurz = 40 pts

The vicious demon prince known to the Chaos Dwarfs as Ghul Lorkurz was bound into this amulet by Astragoth himself

. The demon’s power grants the wearer a 3+ ward save. Magic weapons and spells ignore this ward save.

-Collar of Torguk (hobgoblins only) = 15 pts

The sorcerer Torguk used this collar to control his minions by placing thoughts directly in their mind

. A hobgoblin with this collar has the same leadership as the general as long as the general is alive.

-Talisman of Obsidian = 80 pts

This amulet absorbs the winds of magic, halting all spell casting

Wearer cannot be affected by spells at all (not even friendly ones), and cannot cast spells himself. Wizards in base contact cannot cast spells.

-Staff of Daeladra = 50 pts

The essence of the powerful Daemon Daeladra is bound to this item and constantly struggles to be free. It detests magic and punishes those who try to use its effects against it, cursing those who dare try

. The bearer of the staff causes fear, also anyone who casts a spell on the wielder must take a

leadership test, if failed then they suffer one wound with no armour save.

-Talisman of Grethor = 60 pts

Grethor was renowned amongst all Chaos Dwarves for not giving up when on conquest for new slaves; his trinket still holds some of his bitter determination

. The wielder and any unit they join take all leadership tests with any modifiers being halved (rounding down)

ENCHANTED ITEMS

-Mask of Drukakk = 50 pts

The sorcerer Drukakk wore this ornate bronze mask which emanates an aura of authority. After three centuries as High Priest of Hashut he now stands watch over the approach to Zharr-Naggrund.

All friendly units within 6" may re-roll failed psychology tests.

-Black Gem of Gnar = 40 pts

After the black hammer, this is the greatest gift of Hashut. It immobilises the forms of those effected, temporarily tyrning them to stone

Can be activated at the beginning of any close combat phase, yours or your opponent’s, after challenges are issued and accepted or rejected. The bearer and one model of the bearer’s choice in base contact are removed from the fight and my not strike blows nor can they be attacked in any way for the duration of that close combat phase. Work out combat result as normal. One use only.

-Ring of the ancients = 35 pts

This ring holds a mysterious gem that pulses with spectacular power that surges and strikes the enemies of the wearer with powerful force

. bound spell power level 4, causes a single strength 3 flaming hit on every model in a target unit of 18"

-Mask of Horror = 45 pts

This mask was gifted to the Ash Lord Venrathul by a northern tribe along with slaves from neighbouring tribes to ensure his forces didn’t take any of his people captive. The gesture didn’t work

Cannot be worn with a helmet, wearer causes Terror.

-Fusil of Burning Ashes 35 pts

This archaic weapon firs a great burst of acid at any target chosen

The wielder gains a breath weapon that hits at S2 and ignores armour saves.

-Skull of Kosherah: 60 pts

This skull still contains the power of it’s owner

Bound Item, power level 6. This items contains the spell Wall of Fire.

ARCANE ITEMS

-Staff of Ghorth the Cruel = 80 pts

Ghorth was the most powerful living Sorcerer of dawi zharr history. He was found assassinated in his chambers on the eve of the Great Rebellion. This staff carries a measure of his prodigious magical might.

The sorcerer who wields it adds 2 to the total casting roll of any spell he casts.

-Chalice of Darkness = 40 pts

This chalice drains the preventive powers of all wizards

At the beginning of either player’s magic phase, you must roll 1D3 and remove that many dice from both players dispel dice

-Void jewel = 25 pts

The void jewel draws away uncontrollable magic, destroying it’s self in the process

may ignore the effects of the bearers first miscast.

-Tablet of Hashut = 40 pts

Said to be a gift from the dark lord, this artefact can completely null any spell, though it will loose its divine power for a short period of time afterwards.

Treat as a dispel scroll in all respects bar this one, it may be used against spells with irresistible force.

MAGIC BANNERS

Banner of Slavery 50 pts

The magic of this banner forces all who are enslaved to obey

All Slave units within 12" may re-roll failed psychology tests.

-Banner of Zharr Naggrund = 75 pts

This banner bears both the crest of arms of Zharr Naggrund, and a curse upon the minds of those who gaze at it

the unit carrying this banner cause fear.

-Banner of Dominion = 50 pts

this banner effacts the mind of those who gaze upon it, showing them there true place is at the feet of the dawi zharr

All enemy units in base contact suffer -1 to hit.

-Icon of Hashut = 70 pts

This banner causes those who gaze at it to be enlightened by Hashut’s light

The carrier and his unit now count as being stubborn, even if immune to psychology.

-Banner of Ferocity = 50 pts

This flag brings out the contained ferocity of those under it

The carrier and his unit must pass a leadership test at the start of each of the players turns before charges are declared. If failed the unit is subject to the rules for frenzy, units that are immune to psychology are immune to this effect. Regardless, the unit adds +D3" to its charge distances only