[Archive] First Mounted AoW - Orc Warlord on Warboar

Pyro Stick:

This is a fairly impressive model but it doesnt look like it has any variant parts and it wasnt sculpted by felix. They are really starting to churn out miniatures now. They are also putting their prices up which i dont like. This model costs 25 Euros so im not even going to think about getting it. It shouldnt be long until they sculpts another chaos dwarf though, probably a sorceror. They have also announced the 2nd Edition of Arena Deathmatch

AGPO:

Yeah 25 Euros is pretty steep, still cheaper than Gorbad though…

clam:

A Dwarf of Chaos Sorcerer would be awesome - and it would be interesting seeing their take on a mounted CD, too. Do you think it would be a Bull Centaur? :smiley:

Baggronor:

Not liking the ‘Orc with Cloak’ look… and how small must they make Orc legs… boar looks nice though.

Ogrob:

Boar is doing some form of Silly Walk. Perhaps it is a Monthy Python fan.

Anyway, no thanks for me.

Warhammerman:

Boar looks weird. Doubt I’ll pick this model up, price is outrageous anyway. But, cool non-the-less.

Zanko:

Nice but not outstanding … and much too expensive for me!

:hashut

AGPO:

A Dwarf of Chaos Sorcerer would be awesome - and it would be interesting seeing their take on a mounted CD, too. Do you think it would be a Bull Centaur? :D

clam
Doubt it would be a bull centaur, GW almost certainly have IP for that concept stitched up. Some sort of centaur would be cool though.

snowblizz:

I don’t like the arm over the chest. Hard to paint and disguises detail but it is a nice looking model. I’m guessing fairly massive as well and hence the price.

Really nice boar though. Not that GW has exactly been setting a high bar.

Pyro Stick:

I don't like the arm over the chest. Hard to paint and disguises detail but it is a nice looking model.

snowblizz
Im pretty sure that arm is going to be a seperate piece.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As has been said, the pose of the boar is a little odd: the two contact legs are too static for the two in-air legs, which gives the impression of Basil Fawlty’s impression of Hitler. I’m not fond of the lack of hair (which should be very short) on the rest of the boar either. Having said that, it is still a nice sculpt.

Regarding the orc, he looks very good and is a great sculpt, but (IMO) not as a mounted character. The pose is that of someone swinging away in close combat, but looks odd when stuck atop a steed. The legs aren’t as disproportionate as most that I’ve seen and I think my main problem with them is that they aren’t long enough.

Overall, it looks really good, but I’d likely cut it in half and have the top half on foot and replace the top half with something more suited to mounted combat. For 25 Euros though, it is FAR too expencive for me, particularly as I’m not collecting Orcs and Goblins all that much, more as a few characters to lead my Chaos Dwarfs greenskin contingent.

Borador:

Big boar �-, as said by others, boar pose seems odd, legs of the orc seem to be pretty small.

All in all a pretty desent mini, though I would not buy it.

p.s.: Cape seems odd aswell. It does have something, but not the something I would call frickin’ awesome XD

Joshmohr:

I dont like the boars pose, or the hudge cloak. My space orks (Tho its different than FS) would laugh at him, then shoot him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Loki:

Cool ork but bad boar it looks like it is doing dressage :~

Willmark:

I think with this level at AoW they could come up with some very cool Monster sized models for CDs very easy; lets hope they have something in the works.

Kera foehunter:

i think this would make a cool piece for any o & g army