[Archive] First Tourney - 2000pts

Mr Saturday:

Well, I gave my Dawi Zharr their first tourney outing at the weekend. It was a small event, so I only got 3 games in. (I won’t count the 16,000pt mega-battle on Sunday) Here’s the list, minus the hellcannon which doesn’t seem to be included in the army builder version:

2000 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster
Total Roster Cost: 1795

Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith (1#, 157 pts)
   1 Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith, 112 pts = (base cost 110 + Shield 2)
      1 Daemon Weapon, 0 pts
      1 Dispel Scroll, 25 pts
      1 Hexacon of Hashut, 20 pts

Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster (25#, 793 pts)
   1 Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster (Battle Standard Bearer), 90 pts = (base cost 65 + Battle Standard Bearer 25)
      1 The Black Standard of Zharr-Naggrund, 75 pts
   1 High Priest of Hashut, 245 pts = (base cost 210 + Level 4 Upgrade 35)
      1 Sword of Striking, 15 pts
      1 Channeling Staff, 15 pts
      1 Amulet of Hashut, 65 pts
      1 Rubric of Daemonic Whispers, 5 pts
   22 Obsidian Guard, 260 pts = 22 * 11 (base cost 11) + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
      1 Darklon, 23 pts

Chaos Dwarf Annihilators (20#, 255 pts)
   20 Chaos Dwarf Annihilators, 255 pts = 20 * 12 (base cost 11 + Chaos Armor 1) + Musician Mus 5 + Standard Bearer Std 10

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (21#, 315 pts)
   19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 243 pts = 19 * 12 (base cost 8 + Great Weapon 2 + Chaos Armor 2) + Musician Mus 5 + Standard Bearer Std 10
      1 Eruption Gun Team, 45 pts
      1 Slaver, 22 pts = (base cost 18 + Great Weapon 2 + Chaos Armor 2)
      1 Gleaming Pennant, 5 pts

Artillery (4#, 35 pts)
   1 Hobgoblin Spear Chukka, 35 pts

Artillery (4#, 35 pts)
   1 Hobgoblin Spear Chukka, 35 pts

Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits (30#, 205 pts)
   29 Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits, 189 pts = 29 * 6 (base cost 6) + Musician Mus 5 + Standard Bearer Std 10
      1 Dirty Git, 16 pts

I played beastmen first, whch was a massacre. The hellcannon made mincemeat of the beasts, with shadow magic and my blocks finishing the job. One point of note was my annihilators charging a chariot, and taking out three of them in melee!

Second game, daemons. My defeat of the weekend. The prince/bloodcrusher charge did for my warrior block, letting them behind my line. 16-4 defeat.

Third game, dark elves. I managed to secure enough standards and kill the general in a challenge with my bsb just before the double hydras charged my annihilators. Phew. The sneaky gits done great, taking the black guard out of the game long enough to get my blocks where I needed them.

Gits did great. Might drop the bolt throwers though, and try to squeeze in an earthshaker. Everyone else did well, the dispel/hexacon combo was invaluable. Might try to flame up the obsidian guard next time.

Overall, happy. Chaos dwarves are a blast, and I loved the ‘What are they? Wow, chaos dwarves!’ comments.

richard barby:

i like the list has a few good toys in it

Glimpse the Void:

Thanks for the report. I hope to play in my first tounament with my chaos dwarves next month and hope I do as well.

Mr Saturday:

Cheers, good luck in the tournament. I’m tempted to take shadow magic with two blocks of 20 annihilators with chaos armour and shield and a kolossus in my next list, seeing as it’s damaged like an arachnarok now (according to Chris from Garagehammer).

Glimpse the Void:

I’ve the same plan in mind. Do you have any Kollosus ideas? I am thinking I’d like to convert one from a mumak if I can find one…

Mr Saturday:

This is it:

http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.com/2010/12/heres-test-fit-for-my-kolossus-im.html