[Archive] fix the server

Kera foehunter:

For the last two weeks if im on here more that 10 min!!

i lose the sever or it cant find the site

then i have to go all the way out then baCk in

i use the web browser Mozilla Firefox

Lord Archaon:

Me too. It shows me “Server not found” thing

cornixt:

You don’t have to come out or anything, just leave it for a minute and then refresh. It is annoying though

Lord Archaon:

it longs for about 10 minutes, so refreshing don’t help it.

wallacer:

It’s probably more to do with the people hosting our site rather than the site per se.

I think Xander has raised the issue of reliablilty with the host providers.

I’ll bring it up in the staff forum and find out what’s going on.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Would you have to change the site if you change the server?

wallacer:

Would you have to change the site if you change the server?

Tarrakk Blackhand
I doubt it. We'd just get another host provider to host the site, if (and I emphasise IF) it came to that.
I suspect it may have something to do with the increase in site traffic we've had recently.

I've made a post in the staff section about it. I think Xander is the one who deals with the host provider, so he can chase it up with them.

Kera foehunter:

so we should see a fix in a month??

wallacer:

Hi Kera. I’ve raised it in the staff forum, so Xander knows that we need to chase up the host provider and find out what’s going on.

I’ll leave it to Xander to confirm what the timeframe might be, as we probably won’t know until we’ve spoken to the host provider.

Xander:

The issue seems to be with the host, CP Hosting, which also host’s Willmark’s DOW website. DOWO is experiencing similar problems. We are attempting to find out what is going on.

Thanks for the input! I agree it is highly annoying! Grrr!

Kera foehunter:

thanks for the reply xander

clam:

I agree it is highly annoying! Grrr!

Xander
Espicially when you - at the same time - is trying to submit a PM :( - but I have become good at doing a copy/paste before sending :D

Looking forward to see this fixed

Hashut’s Blessing:

It IS the host and it’s because they’re being Bstrds. Sorry for the language, but it’s cheesed me off to say the least.

Kera foehunter:

yea i know but i bet are best guys are on it

two_heads_talking:

Hmm, it’s all Willmark’s fault?

I’ve not had many issues lately. Sometimes the site hangs and I have to close it and then Internet Explorer or firefox can’t find it… but normally that’s not an issu.e

Kera foehunter:

yea !!! Its willmark plot on a peaceful take over !! you always take out the communication first!

Kera foehunter:

up date : it doing it more today
you know what yoda says about anger

the ironic thing about this is my 3rd try lol

Willmark:

I hopefully have it resolved with Dogs of War Online, we’ll see how tht works there. Once that is all set we can follow up here to get things resolved.

Kera foehunter:

thanks willmark !!

AGPO:

The storm troopers don’t like peaceful takeovers Kera, so I doubt Willmark will try one