[Archive] FOR HASHUT! - Chaos Dwarf Warrior Champion

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s my latest BFSP conversion!

This is the Battle For Skull Pass Dwarf Warrior Champion converted into a Chaos Dwarf Warrior Champion.

He has a Greenstuff curly beard placed over the hard to remove Dwarf Rune items that were located on his belt.

I also removed the two horns from his helmet and placed one of them on the center top, simular to a WWI German helmet Cira 1914-1916.

His Hammer was replaced with a Warriors of Chaos sword.

I also added two tusks in his mouth from Greenstuff. (I didn’t think I could do it!)

This side view shows the new skeleton shield I added by taking a Dremel grinder and grinding down the original Dwarf shield, removing the hammer and anvil motif, until it was flat.

Afterwards, I glued the skull and crossbones emblem onto the shield.

The other item on his back is a tied up Gnoblar from the Ogre Kingdoms sprue. Since I had to bend the Gnoblar’s legs to make it better fit on the back of the Champion, I had to refabricate the rope from Greenstuff.

The back of the champion showing the tied up Gnoblar being carried back to The Tower of Zharr-Naggrund where he will become a slave to the machinery of Hashut.

And for reference…here’s the “out of the Box” BFSP Warrior unit.

Loki:

Looks great, like the idea of the tied up Gnoblar very cool :hat

furrie:

I don’t know about the horn on the helm it looks a bit silly, but the rest looks great

Tarrakk Blackhand:

It’s a spike! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

It’s not exactly a recognisable Pickelhaube, but the single horn on the helmet still looks quite cool! The “curly” effect of the beard doesn’t work though, it’s much too flat right now. It might look better once painted, but you may want to take a look at Xander’s “how to” video which perfectly explains the technique.

wallacer:

That sword is freekin’ awesome.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

it's much too flat right now

Iskur
I think I squashed my Greenstuff "Tube" when I was making the curls.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looks excellent! I think the problem with the spike is that it curls slightly to one side (backwards would’ve been fine). The beard has been flattened, unfortunately because it’d be perfect otherwise. Personally, I’d like to see some decoration on the bottom of the sword handle (maybe a skull?).

Kera foehunter:

your coming along great with the green stuff mr t

love the beard there looking good

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX guys for the compliments and input. I’m finding it a little hard to glue on the small parts and get them aligned 100% perfect. It’s hard to hold the little pieces in my fingers and then file them flat without the part flying out.

As for the spike, remeber that it use to be on the side of his helmet. I think GW put the curve in it which would be hard to straighten out under any circumstances.

I am going to add some spikes from the Chaos Warrior sprue for pikelhaubs on the other warriors. Since this guy is the champ, he gets the bigger spike! :smiley:

As for the beard, I’ll have to look at it again - if it is really “flat” or if it is just how the camera is reading it. I did roll some round “Sausages” and laid them on his face. Could I really have squashed them? I don’t know.

slev:

To put the small parts in right, use tweazers and Warglue.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Never heard of Warglue…is it nice and bloody? :smiley:

slev:

http://www.warglue.co.uk/

Wonderfull stuff. It seems expensive, but it really isnt.

I was, myself, sceptical, untill I tried it.