[Archive] Ford 4000 **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Admiral:

Drawn as a birthday present to my maternal grandfather, who due to a census error have two birthday dates (which meant they stayed away to avoid celebrations his first birthday, the actual date, upon turning 50, but was sitting at home at his second birthday some days later when people came to congratulate him, because that was the date which was written in all the papers). Retired farmer, half-immortal according to his neighbours (have fallen off roofs a few times, latest last winter but it was a very short fall and snow dampened the impact, so brush it off and up on the roof he went again), jolly, young for his age, active, working and ever joking. An 89-year old man who drives his trusty tractor, regularly takes the bike to a shop 5 kilometres away and is still an energetic work ant through and through. Knows a lot of technical facts, shares funny anecdotes and is ever a jolly excentric.

Advertisement time for a certain American tractor producer:

Enjoysrandom:

Man you are so talented when it comes to your hands… can you make another full size Ziggurat? Ill paint it?

Admiral:

Thanks!

Hehe, terrain kits are something of a difficult sell. Plastic kits like those GW and Mantic produce do well, but as always the investment (and different sculpting methods!) of plastic moulds is prohibitive for anybody but the big players. Baggronor suspects that resin scenery might largely disappear once high resolution 3D-scanners become cheap and common.

Still, there is currently a niche for terrain decorations that is difficult for people to make themselves. So while building the superstructure of a ziggurat would be something left to the hobbyists themselves (perhaps with Greenstuffworld’s bricks, Dutch bricks or small bricks or better yet Dark Runes rolling pin for many surfaces? Four reliefs rolling pin to come later on from Zealot casters), sculptors can still provide detailed stuff like braziers, wall reliefs, ornate gates, statues, altars and the like.

If the first two wall relief plates sell well enough, there’ll be more. Flat wall reliefs are quick to make. There might also be something in the vein of Lamassu statues, ornate pillars á la Persepolis, fire altars and Daemonic bull idols. Let’s see how these two first kits are all received. :slight_smile:

However, there might actually be a niche for a smallscale ziggurat… In Man o’ War scale gliding over to 6mm scale. And it might starting to be time to revist the smallscale naval scene with a new kit or three.

Abecedar:

Good for your granddad. But as a paramedic… older but still young at heart people falling off roofs are not fun call outs

Enjoysrandom:

I meant make a 1:1 scale Ziggurat, like the one in Ur, might take me a while to paint it, I wont make any promises!

Abe, I have a mate that became a ambulance paramedic (I don’t know the term)… the public are hard enough to deal with in a retail environment, let alone in the health industry! Ripper effort mate, the world needs more people like you!

Admiral:

1:1 scale ziggurats are built, not sculpted. And I doubt the shipping cost to Australia would be enviable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Saving lives and flaying slayers. Good work choice, mate, honourable. But if only your boss knew what you’re doing on your sparetime…!

Enjoysrandom:

Well I didn’t say sculpt… but wouldn’t it technically be sculpting bricks from stone? :stuck_out_tongue: I jest!

AtomTaylor:

Nice, artwork from the heart makes the perfect gift. :wink:

Admiral:

Thanks!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.