[Archive] Forge World Bull Centaur Conversions (command/GW)

Ender SpiteSworn:

Here are some bull centaur conversions… …With only 3 sculpts (released :-)) I needed to make them all different. Plus I wanted a great weapon alt for the hero (and maybe unit)�?� so to be flexible I added a whol command using minotaur parts.

Here I am cutting up one of the Great weapon guys

Ogre Head

The other Great weapon conversion

Musician

Banner �?" I have a lot of fire on my other conversions …so …

Unit Champ

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Alakihel:

That is a really nice unit !

And to be honest, I’m actually doing the same kind of stuff about cutting and re-directing the position of the arms.

Anyway, amazing job !

Looking forward to see them painted :hat off

Alakihel.

Yodrin:

Looks amazing, now get those painted :slight_smile:

Karring:

Really nice conversion. You have managed to use the dinamic stances of the BC for the conversions, what is cool.

Good, good work

rpitts2004:

Very good work

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Taurian:

I must say that I like what I see here. I had also been thinking about doing some mods for great weapons. But the problem, as anyone who has also thought this and then gotten the models knows, is that the arms aren’t particularly amenable to such a modification. I had been hoping that the arms would be separate and attach at the shoulder. Instead, not only will I need to get out the knife and do a little bit of mini-surgery, but the beards also tend to get in the way. And here, you’ve shown your method of dealing with each. This will help inspire me to play around with them and see what I can come up with…just as soon as I finish getting my garden started.

tjub:

Looks good, though I would have the beard “under” the weapon. Not a biggie, but still. Great conversions!

Skink:

Excellent conversion. Which bits have you used to create the extra armor?

Ender SpiteSworn:

Thanks Guys!  I always enjoy converting more but painting has begun. They are all base coated. Going with a real dark skin.  

Still to do is work on the bases, I have some castle ruble I will add and reattach them so that their stances are better, they are staggering a bit right now.

I must say that I like what I see here.  I had also been thinking about doing some mods for great weapons.  But the problem, as anyone who has also thought this and then gotten the models knows, is that the arms aren’t particularly amenable
yeah, its pretty intimidating taking a knife to such nice models. I also bent arms and beards as much as possible. The resin is very flixble when hot/dunked in boiling water.  So I would dunk… bend …dunk bend, somtimes making small incisins. This let move move some of the arms to add differnces in the poses and make the heads look a little differnt
…just as soon as I finish getting my garden started.

Taurian
Well then I’m just a couple steps ahead of you, got my garden a couple weeks ago :slight_smile:
Looks good, though I would have the beard “under” the weapon. Not a biggie, but still. Great conversions!

tjub
One of them has the beared weaved through . . . The beard is pretty thick so I think the weapon would have been stuck out there prety far requiring arm extensions, but somebody else coudl give that a shot, no turning back now for me! :cheers
Excellent conversion. Which bits have you used to create the extra armor?

Skink
Thanks! The armor on the one guy with the extra shoulder pad is made from left over shields from these models,  With the Great weapons, banner and musician I had 4 extra sheilds and that piece is two of them layered on top of each other, shaved down with some extra green stuff spikes not visibile in the photo. That guys shoulder was a bit too akward after the reposition so I cheated and added that armor.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Wow, those are great, just fill up with green stuff the beastmen symbols on the great weapons’ blades and they’re gonna be perfect!

Trupie:

Very wonderful conversions! Inspirational no less. And many, many kudos for the Destiny of the Endless avatar!

Ender SpiteSworn:

Very wonderful conversions! Inspirational no less. And many, many kudos for the Destiny of the Endless avatar!

Trupie
:hat off

Ender SpiteSworn:

Here is some more work, got a little paint on them and finished the bases

they rank up well now, still a lot of work to do.

Da Crusha:

Looking really good. Can’t wait to see them at qcr!

Kera foehunter:

The time you put into the bulls payed off they are great

Yodrin:

Those look really great!!!1

Abecedar:

Looking absolutely brilliant. Makes me wish I was going to get those models seeing what can be done

Ender SpiteSworn:

Thanks everyone!

Here is some more painting progress. don worry about the blotchy skin, I have not really gotten to that yet

man it takes forever painting all that bondage gear…

Ender SpiteSworn:

OK, These guys have been  done and I finally took some photos! Well, not �?oDone, Done�?�,  I do intend to go back and re-highlight some stuff, but not for awhile �S

x

Now I need to buy that new FW model, and hopefully match all the colors, lol

Admiral:

That looks great. Surely the new Taur’ruk will fit in nicely with the unit. :slight_smile: