[Archive] Forge World News letter Horus Heresy 1 Betrayal

Vogon:

From the news letter today

Hi there,

In the first of our Games Day preview newsletters, we�?Tve added another video to our YouTube channel in which we reveal more about the fantastic and hotly anticipated first book in our Horus Heresy series�?�

The Horus Heresy Book I: Betrayal

Video Clip

More details are emerging about this hotly-anticipated book.

The Horus Heresy Book I: Betrayal will be on sale for the very first time, in limited numbers, at Games Day UK on Sunday 23rd September.

Lavishly decorated, this book is leather-bound with inlaid metal detailing and foil-blocked page edging, and also features metal cleats to the corners of the book�?Ts casing impressed with the Imperial Aquila.

It is a stand-alone supplement for Warhammer 40,000 and contains a vast array of colour profiles, maps and artwork. Also included is a full Space Marine Legion army list and background, histories, character profiles and special rules for the Death Guard, Sons of Horus, World Eaters and Emperor�?Ts Children Legions.
Now I can’t access you tube from work so can anyone let us know the contents of the video?

Thanks

Vogon

Ravenswood:

Holy Emperor, it’s fantastic…

Blue in VT:

Vogon,

Well it is a cool video…a discussion with Alan Bligh about the contents of the first book.  It is a beautiful leather bound tome that will cover the initial stages of the heresy when the war master was purging out loyal elements.  It will contain a very detailed history of the events and of the 4 SM legions involved in the early stages.  There will be new characters revealed…as well as ones known from black library books…new weapons and vehicles for the marines…and there is a teaser about the fact that we are talking about SM "legions"vs “chapter” Nd the implication that this will show differences in their equipment and tables of organization.

He also mentions that this is an ongoing project with no end in sight.

I hope that satisfies until you can watch it your self.

I’m not even a 40k player and I find this fascinating! But IMO sure the price tag will calm my enthusiasm…:~

Cheers,

Blue

Vogon:

Thanks Blue,

I’m not much of a 40K player myself but the background and settings fascinate me. I’m devouring the Horus Heresy series from Black Library so am looking forward to these books too even if I never use the rules in a game.

Cheers

Vogon

rpitts2004:

Looks awesome, just wish he had hinted at Primarchs

warh:

This and new chaos marines coming up, my wallet won’t like it :frowning:

AGPO:

Ask and ye shall recieve Vogon.

I saved the best until last:

Vogon:

Now seen the video clip and am looking forward to the release :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

Ravenswood:

Pre-sales at GD UK

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/UK_Games_Day_2012.htm

Who may visit and buy the bike for me? Pleaaaaaaaaase :wink:

Vogon:

Single or Squadron?

(Bloody images wont load for me :()

Pyro Stick:

£70 is quite the price tag. Pics arent loading for me either.

Ravenswood:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Jetbike.html

This is better?

2Vogon Single

Stampy:

I personally would love to read a graphic novels based on the dark library book series.

Vogon:

Ravenswood, I’ll do my best, and thanks for the working link :slight_smile:

If there are options what weapon would you like?

Cheers

Vogon

Larendard:

The terminators in the clip make me horny - those will be my first forgeworld models ever (if they get released).

wallacer:

£70 is quite the price tag. Pics arent loading for me either.

Pyro Stick
Depends on how big it is I guess. Is it the same size as the Tamurkhan book?

Ravenswood:

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198426_10151065009992957_1654767919_n.jpg

Ravenswood:

Vogon:

Is that a photo of a model or apiece of artwork?

Cheers

Vogon

Samanos:

its angron and looks like artwork to me